X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

--X-Men First Class is a very well made prequel/reboot. Magneto is ruthless in this one and uses his powers more.
--In terms of Marvel, put this movie up there with the first Spider-Man and first Iron Man.

--X-Men First Class is a very well made prequel/reboot. Magneto is ruthless in this one and uses his powers more.
--In terms of Marvel, put this movie up there with the first Spider-Man and first Iron Man.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How many times must it be mentioned? Him saying slaves and the camera focusing on Darwin made perfect sense within the context of the scene... It wasn't racist or insulting or anything like that. He was comparing the possible enslavement of the mutants to slavery in the United States and in that moment was appealing directly to a black character.

I agree. Did you guys kind of get a Malcolm X and MLK vibe from Magneto and Prof X? I definitely saw a little bit of MLK in Prof X with the "we can live in peace and they can accept us" kinda thing while Magneto had the more Malcolm attitude of "we don't need to be accepted, we should be independent and proud of who we are are". Just my two cents after taking an African American History class.

Ps. Killing Darwin, when he could possibly have  the most beneficial power. C'mon man. And having Angel start out as stripper and turn to the "bad" side. SMH

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How many times must it be mentioned? Him saying slaves and the camera focusing on Darwin made perfect sense within the context of the scene... It wasn't racist or insulting or anything like that. He was comparing the possible enslavement of the mutants to slavery in the United States and in that moment was appealing directly to a black character.

I agree. Did you guys kind of get a Malcolm X and MLK vibe from Magneto and Prof X? I definitely saw a little bit of MLK in Prof X with the "we can live in peace and they can accept us" kinda thing while Magneto had the more Malcolm attitude of "we don't need to be accepted, we should be independent and proud of who we are are". Just my two cents after taking an African American History class.

Ps. Killing Darwin, when he could possibly have  the most beneficial power. C'mon man. And having Angel start out as stripper and turn to the "bad" side. SMH

You're on the money, that's been a parallel and comparison throughout the series in regards to Malcolm and MLK. One of my favorite parts of the X-Men franchise is that focus.

You're on the money, that's been a parallel and comparison throughout the series in regards to Malcolm and MLK. One of my favorite parts of the X-Men franchise is that focus.

....movie boarderline SUCKED.

- its like they tried to fit every little thing into this movie to make sense of the first two.

....movie boarderline SUCKED.

- its like they tried to fit every little thing into this movie to make sense of the first two.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Xavier and Magneto were awesome in this one, excellent performances.

I didn't see ONE unattractive woman in that movie, my goodness...
30t6p3b.gif

mystique & not unattractive ....stop it

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Xavier and Magneto were awesome in this one, excellent performances.

I didn't see ONE unattractive woman in that movie, my goodness...
30t6p3b.gif

mystique & not unattractive ....stop it

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

this... movie of the year so far for me (weak class.. and haven't seen super 8 yet)

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

this... movie of the year so far for me (weak class.. and haven't seen super 8 yet)

i thought the movie was trash, but my friends really liked it. I think anyone with knowledge of the X-Men comics/cartoons will not like the movie, but others seem to enjoy it a lot. I also thought there was a lot of corny scenes. Did anyone else feel like the kiss between charles and the cia agent was the most random thing? didnt seem like there was any romantic build-up between them at all throughout the entire movie but they kiss in the end.

i thought the movie was trash, but my friends really liked it. I think anyone with knowledge of the X-Men comics/cartoons will not like the movie, but others seem to enjoy it a lot. I also thought there was a lot of corny scenes. Did anyone else feel like the kiss between charles and the cia agent was the most random thing? didnt seem like there was any romantic build-up between them at all throughout the entire movie but they kiss in the end.

The movie was pretty good although I would've liked to see another origins film like the Wolverine one except maybe one of Magneto....the only part I didn't like was I stayed after the credits and nothing happened smh. I guess this is the last of the X-Men.

The movie was pretty good although I would've liked to see another origins film like the Wolverine one except maybe one of Magneto....the only part I didn't like was I stayed after the credits and nothing happened smh. I guess this is the last of the X-Men.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

funny how you say that but don't know one of Prof. X's main love interests...
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom