Yao Ming to miss remainder of postseason

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:
anyone else think Yao's excessive height clearly lends him to all of these leg injuries?

he has an extensive history of leg/foot problems.. he still moves well for somebody his size, but it's like his lower body has trouble supporting his height
smh.gif

That has to be the reason. I feel sorry for the Rockets, they are always injured. Good for us though.

Any chance of an upset has just been tossed in the trash.

There's only like 15 of us but should we start an offseason thread?

needs to slow down on all the basketball, he rushed to get back to the olympics.

rockets need to get a legit backup, no way yao can handle 35+ minutes.

series was fun while it lasted...

smh.gif

Man....

I'm a Lakers fan but this is no way to finish a series.
frown.gif
I lovewhat Yao brings to the game. Easily one of my favorite players. Very unfortunate. I'm sorry Rockets fans.

The only question this offseason really is whether we resign Artest or not.

We don't have a 1st pick I don't think either come draft time.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

anyone else think Yao's excessive height clearly lends him to all of these leg injuries?

he has an extensive history of leg/foot problems.. he still moves well for somebody his size, but it's like his lower body has trouble supporting his height
smh.gif

well no *@*$ downtown
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

The only question this offseason really is whether we resign Artest or not.

We don't have a 1st pick I don't think either come draft time.

ron's good behavior may have opened more options for him. it really depends if he wants to play for a real contender (boston, la, cleveland, sa) and takeless of role, either 3rd or 4th option or stay in houston and be the second option

i think ron would be better served with as a 3rd or 4th option that will give you 15 points a game and can really focus on the defensive side of the ball.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Dude's body is not built for basketball.
smh.gif

Not sure I can agree with that. I would say an outrageous national basketball schedule + NBA season is what did him in
Exactly my point.

Well it was fun while it lasted.
But time to watch Ron and Von chuck up shots like no tomorrow
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Dude's body is not built for basketball.
smh.gif

Not sure I can agree with that. I would say an outrageous national basketball schedule + NBA season is what did him in
Exactly my point.
OK. It's just that you made an absolute statement that he wasn't built to play bball. I was just being more detailed.

Yeah so much for my prediction of a 7 game series. Losing Yao and Deke in the playoffs...damn.
Time to get ready for Denver vs. LA and Cleveland vs. Boston or Orlando.

!#** man! This is ridiculous. Yao doesn't deserve this. Congrats Lakers. When I heard the news I was like put me on suicide watch.
frown.gif

He needs to stop playing for the Chinese National Team or he's never going to ahve an injury free year...

This was an article last year on that: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-yaochina022608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I can't imagine not only being 7'6, but playing all year around w/o any rest for years ever since he got into the NBA, i think even a 6' playermight be getting injuries as frequently as him...he didnt even let last year's injury heal so he could play in the Olympics...the sad thing is, he'llnever say No to China, so I think this is going to happen every year unless the Rockets rest him for until November/December during the season

Back
Top Bottom