Yao Ming to Retire

I think Reebok shoes has something to do with his constant foot injury. Should have wore Nike. Maybe that would have save his foot

Sad to see dude go 
frown.gif

260340601_327bdd474c.jpg
ap-f2cf1490f94b44958b29ffeb2e7d9899.jpg

I think Reebok shoes has something to do with his constant foot injury. Should have wore Nike. Maybe that would have save his foot

Sad to see dude go 
frown.gif

260340601_327bdd474c.jpg
ap-f2cf1490f94b44958b29ffeb2e7d9899.jpg

When he came in the league he wore Nike, and had a lingering toe problem probably making him switch to RBK.

Kinda funny how we actually really got 5 good years outta Yao, how that knee problem ruined his 07 MVP run, the foot that made him miss half of the 22 game winning streak season, hobbling in game 3 against the Lakers in 09, I knew it was over after that.

All I can really look at is the what could have beens and remember the healthy Yao as he was.

When he came in the league he wore Nike, and had a lingering toe problem probably making him switch to RBK.

Kinda funny how we actually really got 5 good years outta Yao, how that knee problem ruined his 07 MVP run, the foot that made him miss half of the 22 game winning streak season, hobbling in game 3 against the Lakers in 09, I knew it was over after that.

All I can really look at is the what could have beens and remember the healthy Yao as he was.

I remember people doubting that he was going to be a good player in the league and that his only advantage was his height. Dude really worked on his game and became a top player in the league for a couple of years. He will be missed.

I remember people doubting that he was going to be a good player in the league and that his only advantage was his height. Dude really worked on his game and became a top player in the league for a couple of years. He will be missed.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

My favorite Big Yao moment
laugh.gif

Word. I had it as my avy for awhile
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Franchise
pimp.gif

Yao was healthy, I think they win that Lakers series. Great series nonetheless.

Would have been so sweet to have prevented the Lake Show from winning a 'ship that year
laugh.gif

On the flipside, back in 2005, playoff series vs Dallas Game 2 after throwing up a dud in Game 1:

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Opp[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]
[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2005-04-23[/td] [td]24-223[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]@[/td] [td]DAL[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].375[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].833[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2005-04-25[/td] [td]24-225[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]@[/td] [td]DAL[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]14[/td] [td].929[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
13 for 14
laugh.gif
eek.gif
And T-Mac drilled the game winner. I was on cloud nine thinking the Yao + T-Mac would get their first playoff series win after stealing the first two on the road. No dice.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

My favorite Big Yao moment
laugh.gif

Word. I had it as my avy for awhile
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Franchise
pimp.gif

Yao was healthy, I think they win that Lakers series. Great series nonetheless.

Would have been so sweet to have prevented the Lake Show from winning a 'ship that year
laugh.gif

On the flipside, back in 2005, playoff series vs Dallas Game 2 after throwing up a dud in Game 1:

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Opp[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]
[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2005-04-23[/td] [td]24-223[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]@[/td] [td]DAL[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].375[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].833[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2005-04-25[/td] [td]24-225[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]@[/td] [td]DAL[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]14[/td] [td].929[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
13 for 14
laugh.gif
eek.gif
And T-Mac drilled the game winner. I was on cloud nine thinking the Yao + T-Mac would get their first playoff series win after stealing the first two on the road. No dice.
tired.gif

ohwell.gif
 this is so much sadder than most people care to realize. Us NT peeps understand his potential but most people outside of NT have already forgotten about him. It's a shame because he lived up to his hype and more. He was one of the only few consistent, solid, well-balanced centers in our league. Sucks really bad. 
tired.gif

ohwell.gif
 this is so much sadder than most people care to realize. Us NT peeps understand his potential but most people outside of NT have already forgotten about him. It's a shame because he lived up to his hype and more. He was one of the only few consistent, solid, well-balanced centers in our league. Sucks really bad. 
tired.gif

I was very sad to hear this news today. My best friends favorite player has been Yao since he came into the League, and his team has been the Rockets. I wish him all the best with his health. He was an amazing talent, all the skill in the world for a man his size. I just feel lucky that I got to watch him for as long as I could. It's sad that I couldn't see more of him, but you always knew he wanted to play, and he loved the game. He did so much for globalizing the game.

Nothing but respect for Yao.

Man the 2002 draft sure has turned sour...

Jay WIlliams and Yao both out before ten years. The rest of the top 5 never materialized to be anything. Nene, Amare, Caron, Tayshaun, Salmons, and Booz.

Even then, a lot of those guys have gone through some major injuries, from cancer to knees.
tired.gif

Sad to see him go. You know he was a good shooter when they sent him to shoot the technical free throws.

Sad to see him go. You know he was a good shooter when they sent him to shoot the technical free throws.

I was very sad to hear this news today. My best friends favorite player has been Yao since he came into the League, and his team has been the Rockets. I wish him all the best with his health. He was an amazing talent, all the skill in the world for a man his size. I just feel lucky that I got to watch him for as long as I could. It's sad that I couldn't see more of him, but you always knew he wanted to play, and he loved the game. He did so much for globalizing the game.

Nothing but respect for Yao.

Man the 2002 draft sure has turned sour...

Jay WIlliams and Yao both out before ten years. The rest of the top 5 never materialized to be anything. Nene, Amare, Caron, Tayshaun, Salmons, and Booz.

Even then, a lot of those guys have gone through some major injuries, from cancer to knees.
tired.gif

My favorite moment of Yao's career is when he learned how to talk trash in English.

Those who follow him know which play I'm talking about.

My favorite moment of Yao's career is when he learned how to talk trash in English.

Those who follow him know which play I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom