Yo NT I'm trying to get a Siberian Husky...Need Help

i prefer cats over dogs.. but if i had to get a dog def Siberian husky those dogs are beautiful

800px-Siamese_cat_sitting.jpg

Your right my fiancee has two Siamese cats they are extreamly playful. That breed also has some characteristics as dogs. She is also training them both to walkon leaches Siamese are easy to train.

I was about to get one back in '99, but I've heard Siberian Huskies don't do too well where it's above 60°F.

i just bought a mixed shiba inu/husky puppy about 4 months back from puppyfind.com, however i was referred to the breeder by a friend who gave me good feedbackabout who i was dealing with.

my puppy looks just like a husky, but has a curly tail, pointy ears, and will grow to be a max weight of about 25-30 pounds.

best part about it is he is a real ladies man.

Originally Posted by eight2one

One day i want to own a german shepard.
Me and my girl are planning to buy a White Shepherd some time in the future. We are going to name it ...Bolt (just like the movie)
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

-The juice

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

I was about to get one back in '99, but I've heard Siberian Huskies don't do too well where it's above 60°F.
Nah they do fine in any weather. My dad and stepmom have 4 and they live in Florida.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Just some advice, these dogs HATE to be left alone. It is suggested to buy 2 of them so they can keep each other company.

from Yahoo Answers:

Some of the bad points:

1. They love people …. any people. This is sometimes seen as a lack of loyalty.

2. I do not believe that there is a type of dog that could be friendlier than a Husky. A Husky may alert you by his actions (running to a door or window etc) but he is not a watchdog by any stretch if the imagination. On the contrary, he will invite the bad guy in and show him where the good stuff is. And then help carry it out! It's in the breeding and I doubt that you can train them otherwise. Even if you abuse them (we have several that were very abused) they do not become mean ... they will just shy away from you. It's possible that they may (or may not) defend you against an attacker (more likely with an animal attacker). He very well may be a deterrent to someone looking to do bad stuff .... a "hungry wolf looking" dog looking back at them through the window ....

3. They have a STRONG desire to run. This was bred into them over many hundreds of generations. It cannot be trained out of them in a few months of obedience classes. They MUST be kept in a secure area. And taken out in open areas on a leash. They are escape artists like a hairy Houdini. They have been known to jump or climb over 6 foot fences. If they can't go over it they will go under it.

4. They are extremely intelligent and mischievous. You have to be smarter than they are to stay ahead of them. Don't laugh. It's true, they are smarter than
most people.

5. They are too independent and strong willed to make it through obedience training. (see # 4 above). They will know and understand the command but if they don't see the point in carrying it out they won't.

6. They are very keen and efficient hunter / killers.

7. They must be kept occupied. A BORED HUSKY IS A DESTRUCTIVE HUSKY! (see # 10 on below)

8. They shed. A LOT! Year round. Then twice a year or more they will "blow" their coats. This takes shedding to a whole new level.

9. They dig …. A LOT! You could rent your yard to NASA to train astronauts on.

10. They play ROUGH! Very rough. And they sometimes can draw blood. But it is still play.

11. They need company, either human or canine and will be miserable without it. Though they can survive outdoors they really need to be inside with their "pack"……. YOU!
They are not "starter" dogs. These dogs can go anywhere from $200-$2000. You reeeeeally need to do your homework on this dog and the breeder.

-The Juice

To comment on numbers 5 and 8, it is extremely easy to train huskies. The trick is to establish your dominance in the beginning such as making it a habit towalk in front of them or on their side when taking them out for a walk, walk through doors first before they do, or letting them see you eat dinner before theyeat theirs. If they respect you, it is very easy to train a husky. I taught my husky how to sit, shake hands, turn around, roll over, and stay in 3 weeks. Ieven trained him to follow me without a leash when taking him out for a walk (it's not recommended though). Also, huskies shed very little. Actually, theyshed the least out of most dogs. Their shedding gets bad only once or twice a year (usually during the summer). White huskies shed less than colored huskies.Thus, that's why I got him!

In my area, average for siberians with AKC papers are around $400-$600. Champion lines range from $800 and up.

Siberian Huskies look like great dogs.

Pets FTW!!

The relationship between a pet, in my case a dog, and its owner/family is truly prices. When you come home from work/school and he/she is there to greet youand asks for a nice smoothering or snack is a great feeling!

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by eight2one

One day i want to own a german shepard.
Me and my girl are planning to buy a White Shepherd some time in the future. We are going to name it ...Bolt (just like the movie)
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

-The juice
My parents had German Shepherds the entire time i was growing up, I love those dogs. NOBODY is more loyal than them. Great dog. Right now Ilive in an apartment (almost done with law school) and I have a small dog. When I graduate and get my own place, im def getting a German Shepherd. Nothinglike them.

i have a Siberian Husky/Malamute mix that i got from a rescue for $100.

his name is Tyler!
25225e44c76c9f2dd57514f2bc7ac30b1ea0e45.pjpg

of all the dogs i've ever had, he was the EASIEST to train.

Originally Posted by realmc

i just bought a mixed shiba inu/husky puppy about 4 months back from puppyfind.com, however i was referred to the breeder by a friend who gave me good feedback about who i was dealing with.

my puppy looks just like a husky, but has a curly tail, pointy ears, and will grow to be a max weight of about 25-30 pounds.

this looks like a knock off bootleg

those are nice .....I always wanted to have those Husky's but until we move out from our apartment...it will be on hold til next year.......the eyes arejust amazingly blue..

Originally Posted by seniosoul

i just bought a mixed shiba inu/husky puppy about 4 months back from puppyfind.com, however i was referred to the breeder by a friend who gave me good feedback about who i was dealing with.

didn't know it was possible to have a bootleg of a living animal...
alien.gif
. anyways it is not actually mixed with husky, it is mixed with alaskan kleekai. very rare and hard to find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaskan_Klee_Kai

btw, i only paid $500 for my dog... you are looking at atleast $1000+ easily for a pure bred husky with a mask like the one my dog got. (wrapped around eyeswith line that extends all the way down the nose) personally i rather enjoy the fact my dog is mix so i can trip people out and hold it down for all the muttsout there. *$%+ a pedigree.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

if a dog isnt pure breed its a bootleg? are you serious?

so are mixed humans bootleg too?

Back
Top Bottom