You want motivation to get in shape...Look at this

Run for 3 miles (try to get on the cardiovascular machines to burn at least 1000 calories)
Not hating my dude. Props for everything but I'm calling b/s on this.

I run 3 miles BRISKLY and burn 360-430 calories off that. That's nearly a 600 calorie difference. Unless you're on those machines for 2 hours, I'mnot seeing how those numbers add up.

Hmm at 3 miles, I'm around 600 calories. I make the incline a little more challenging for myself while jogging the whole time. Perhaps your calorie loss islower because of a flat surface and occassional walking? Also, maybe he already got his blood pumping before he gets onto the treadmill so that his body isalready burning calories. Who knows though. It's probably a different count for each person.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Run for 3 miles (try to get on the cardiovascular machines to burn at least 1000 calories)

I run 3 miles BRISKLY and burn 360-430 calories off that. That's nearly a 600 calorie difference. Unless you're on those machines for 2 hours, I'm not seeing how those numbers add up.

laugh.gif

When I run on the treadmill I run at the speed of 8.0 on there and slow down to 5.5 for a mile then speed it back up.

I didn't say you would burn 1000 calories only on the treadmill. I said "(try to get on the cardiovascular machines to burn at least 1000calories)."

I should have been a little bit more clear. You shouldn't only do the treadmill for your cardio. I am including the bike, the sit down bike, and thatrunning stair master machine.

If you do 500 calories on the treadmill, 250 on the bike, and 250 on the sit-down bike you get 1000 calories.

That's what I did.

Originally Posted by RitchDad

lyrical at the buzzer wit the hate ahahahaha

btw props

Hate? Naaaa far from it. His numbers just don't add up. lol. Shhhh, if I could run 3 miles and burn 1000 calories, I'd be all over the treadmill.

I'm an avid runner. RitchDad, I run the 3 miles straight up. But you're right. With no incline.

I'm just going with the fact dude was out of shape and trying to get back into it. So in addition, I'm not seeing how dude can murk 3 miles at anexceptional pace.

But forget it, I'm just being picky. Props to where dude was and where dude is now. He put in that work. So he gets a
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
from me.

I run 3 miles BRISKLY and burn 360-430 calories off that. That's nearly a 600 calorie difference. Unless you're on those machines for 2 hours, I'm not seeing how those numbers add up.

Did you consider the fact that he weighed 235 pounds? More you weigh = more calories you burn while exercising.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Did you consider the fact that he weighed 235 pounds? More you weigh = more calories you burn while exercising.

Word word. got cha.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Cheerios or Corn Flakes. Keep the sugar intake to a minimum.
Yeah, thats my big thing. Sugar

I screw up by eating waffles with syrup (alot), and other sweetened cereals.

Gotta cut the sugars down (gum, soda, syrup, kool aid, etc)

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Cheerios or Corn Flakes. Keep the sugar intake to a minimum.
Yeah, thats my big thing. Sugar

I screw up by eating waffles with syrup (alot), and other sweetened cereals.

Gotta cut the sugars down (gum, soda, syrup, kool aid, etc)

I know exactly what you mean.

I still have a sweet tooth and eat sweets but only once a week or once every other week.

#1...........yea thats good man........working out and makin your body look better is one of the best ways to change sumthin about yourself without doingplastic sugery or what not......but yes working out consist of a strict diet(in my eyes).......and im pretty sure you would look even betterthen the way you look now if you are more cautious about what you eat and take greasey foods and fast foods completely out of yourlife..........................ima post pics of my b4 and after.....when i get home..........

#2............

Originally Posted by RasMekPeace

props! So tell us the truth, did you do it for a girl?

I did it 80% for myself and 20% for this girl I used to be with.
and oh yea....achievements like this should be done for know one else but yourself.........thats just my 2 cents....

self-esteem.....the moth#@$%$% esteem of yourself.......-KATT WILLIAMS(not your gurls)

#3.......here is my change....what i did worked.......
went from this......
e5b2587e5cc0a2f6bae59fdd558fd04a615adfb.bmp

62635ff1e347cc5927ffb9c55139fa3c4eb7092.bmp

to this..........
1zz03sm.jpg

FLiP SeNsAyShUn wrote:

That's amazing dude. Hats off to you. Seriously, you just motivated me to start lifting/working out.

I've lost about 25-30 lbs since last summer, but I still have some belly fat.

I'm trying to develop some abs like you.

Any tips/advice? How long did it take you to lose your belly?

Dedication.
Continue to do what you are doing if you see results. It just takes time and patience. You will get there if you are determined to.

The thing is, all I do is run and play basketball. I haven't worked out with machines and weights yet.

Any specific work routines that you recommend in the gym that will build abs?

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

FLiP SeNsAyShUn wrote:

That's amazing dude. Hats off to you. Seriously, you just motivated me to start lifting/working out.

I've lost about 25-30 lbs since last summer, but I still have some belly fat.

I'm trying to develop some abs like you.

Any tips/advice? How long did it take you to lose your belly?

Dedication.
Continue to do what you are doing if you see results. It just takes time and patience. You will get there if you are determined to.

The thing is, all I do is run and play basketball. I haven't worked out with machines and weights yet.

Any specific work routines that you recommend in the gym that will build abs?

On the first page I have a list of things you can do...

MAD PROPS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much did you weigh before you started?

im at 245
frown.gif
my goal is to drop down to 200 and under to the point wherei can get a six pack
and well you've motivated me to try and get there

Good job man... I began working out about 10 months ago and dropped from 215 to 160 (where I'm at now).

The only thing though, I've managed to drop weight in number, went from pushing 38 size jeans to size 30/31.. all that is great but I just want to tightenup the small amount of loose skin around my mid section.. what did you do in order to do that? I mean, I do crunches, push ups, etc. yet I can't get theresults I want... any advice?

eek.gif
@ DUDES IN HERE WEIGHING 200+ POUNDS

GET OFF YOUR %$%*% YO ........ MOST OF YALL ARE JUST TEENS TOO

C'MON!!!!!!!! EAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!! HIT THE DAMN TRACK!!!!!!! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- IF YOU BECOME A VEGAN YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OBESITY, HIGH CHOLESTEROL, HEART DISEASE, COLON CANCER, JUST TO NAME A FEW. IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Good job man... I began working out about 10 months ago and dropped from 215 to 160 (where I'm at now).

The only thing though, I've managed to drop weight in number, went from pushing 38 size jeans to size 30/31.. all that is great but I just want to tighten up the small amount of loose skin around my mid section.. what did you do in order to do that? I mean, I do crunches, push ups, etc. yet I can't get the results I want... any advice?

Restrict your diet and continue your exercises...
I'm still trying to tone up too.

Back
Top Bottom