Your Girl wants to have a baby... But you don't... What next??? (UPDATE PG 5)

Originally Posted by throwback1718

A brief little background on this...

I made a post on here in mid to late May of this year about my son passing on. Some may remember.

Since then, she has been feeling to have another baby.
In the first place, when she was first prego I didn't wanna have a kid... I'm more or less thinking about being done with my degree and having a steady job in order before I try to have a kid. Anyhow she got prego. long story short, we lost lil Nas.

And I took it as a sign from a higher power that this wasnt the time. MAYBE I should actually WAIT till I was actually ready to have a kid to go out and make one. I was thinking between 2 and 5 years I would possibly be where I want to be (financially and mentally) when I have my next kid.

She wants one 6 months from now to a year and a half. This is putting a TERRIBLE strain on the relationship and this has come up several times before and even a couple minutes ago. There will NEVER be peace because she is NOT gonna be okay with things going "my way" and not hers.

How would you dudes handle this? Keep in mind, shorty IS the type of chick you wanna have a kid with sometime and you've been with her for 3 years, many ups and downs...

Do you move on to the next one? Try to compromise? Does a deep relationship REALLY have to end due to perceptions of when to have a kid?
ohwell.gif

Input please
Shouldn't that tell you enough? Of course not, if it's a deep relationship she wouldn't be pressuring you to have a kid if you're not ready. You know how far you can get on taking care of a kiddo, whether it's financially and mentally. 3 years isn't as long to go ahead and get serious, things may change and if she straps you with a kid.....you're !#++@% later on with the child support, if things don't end up working out for whatever reason. If she really loves you, tell her to bear with you until the time is right, and that YOU know you'll be ready to support the kid while being in a comfortable stage in your life.

A brief little background on this...

I made a post on here in mid to late May of this year about my son passing on. Some may remember.

Since then, she has been feeling to have another baby.
In the first place, when she was first prego I didn't wanna have a kid... I'm more or less thinking about being done with my degree and having a steady job in order before I try to have a kid. Anyhow she got prego. long story short, we lost lil Nas.

And I took it as a sign from a higher power that this wasnt the time. MAYBE I should actually WAIT till I was actually ready to have a kid to go out and make one. I was thinking between 2 and 5 years I would possibly be where I want to be (financially and mentally) when I have my next kid.

She wants one 6 months from now to a year and a half. This is putting a TERRIBLE strain on the relationship and this has come up several times before and even a couple minutes ago. There will NEVER be peace because she is NOT gonna be okay with things going "my way" and not hers.

How would you dudes handle this? Keep in mind, shorty IS the type of chick you wanna have a kid with sometime and you've been with her for 3 years, many ups and downs...

Do you move on to the next one? Try to compromise? Does a deep relationship REALLY have to end due to perceptions of when to have a kid?
ohwell.gif

Input please
Shouldn't that tell you enough? Of course not, if it's a deep relationship she wouldn't be pressuring you to have a kid if you're not ready. You know how far you can get on taking care of a kiddo, whether it's financially and mentally. 3 years isn't as long to go ahead and get serious, things may change and if she straps you with a kid.....you're !#++@% later on with the child support, if things don't end up working out for whatever reason. If she really loves you, tell her to bear with you until the time is right, and that YOU know you'll be ready to support the kid while being in a comfortable stage in your life.

Ill try it again. But I am not sure how much it would work. Since I tried it before.

I also forgot to mention that SHE wants to end the relationship because of this.
She claims she wont be satisfied OR happy knowing that we are in a relationship together. She believes there is no compromise on this one. Its either BABY or not. There is no in between. If we wait, things will be my way... She feels that its my way its going

RIP to your relationship, fam. 1. If you stand your ground she might (saying might here b/c I think she's calling your bluff but that's just me) leave you. Relationship done. 2. If you capitulate and give in to her demands, then you will be stuck with a seed + a woman who doesn't really respect you b/c you "gave in," thinking you were doing the right thing to save the relationship. At the end of the day though as much as women don't say it they like to be led and have the guy call the shots, not the other way around. If they always get to have the final word they won't respect you. "how hard is it to wait till you hit 25 years old? get you a nice college degree and a decent job too. so we both can work towards a goal.... TOGETHER. not only me working for ALL of us... Shes not in school or has a job either. she hasnt even started college yet."- Wait so she doesn't have a job plus she's uneducated? Answer is simple here, boss. Dead that financial liability asap. "Im not sure if I'd find another chick thats compatible with me as much as she is, let alone better than her (atleast for me)"- If you don't change that mentality you WILL be stuck with her for life and NOTHING will change that. Do what you gotta do.

Ill try it again. But I am not sure how much it would work. Since I tried it before.

I also forgot to mention that SHE wants to end the relationship because of this.
She claims she wont be satisfied OR happy knowing that we are in a relationship together. She believes there is no compromise on this one. Its either BABY or not. There is no in between. If we wait, things will be my way... She feels that its my way its going

RIP to your relationship, fam. 1. If you stand your ground she might (saying might here b/c I think she's calling your bluff but that's just me) leave you. Relationship done. 2. If you capitulate and give in to her demands, then you will be stuck with a seed + a woman who doesn't really respect you b/c you "gave in," thinking you were doing the right thing to save the relationship. At the end of the day though as much as women don't say it they like to be led and have the guy call the shots, not the other way around. If they always get to have the final word they won't respect you. "how hard is it to wait till you hit 25 years old? get you a nice college degree and a decent job too. so we both can work towards a goal.... TOGETHER. not only me working for ALL of us... Shes not in school or has a job either. she hasnt even started college yet."- Wait so she doesn't have a job plus she's uneducated? Answer is simple here, boss. Dead that financial liability asap. "Im not sure if I'd find another chick thats compatible with me as much as she is, let alone better than her (atleast for me)"- If you don't change that mentality you WILL be stuck with her for life and NOTHING will change that. Do what you gotta do.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

In any case if it were to go TOTALLY my way, I would Have a baby in 4 or 5 years. But since she wants one way sooner, i even suggested that we have one in 2 years minimum. I feel that i am trying to meet her half way but she wont bend.

Her losing the first one definitely had an impact. Obviously Ive asked her and she said no. WHich I dont believe.

Ive even suggested that we go counseling for help. She doesnt feel SHE needs it, whether its relationship wise or dealing with the loss of the baby and that I can go if I want. But she didnt flip out or anything like that.
Then place it on you. Say that if you're going to have a baby so soon after the tragedy that y'all had to endure, you want to go to counseling to get all of your emotions out. And tell her that you want her to fully participate too, because if you're still feeling grief over it, she has to be as well.

Make yourself the focus. Say something like if she's unwilling to attend counseling with you, then how can you expect her to parent with you as well. Women love that if you're not with me, you're against me type logic.

I think this is the way to go. It is to a point that you have tried to express that you want to be able to provide for your family b4 you start one, but she is not going to listen.
You need reinforcements. Do/say whatever you have to do/say to get her to counseling. And make sure it is a woman counselor. At least this way you two can have a mediated conversation about everything. I'm sure that the counselor will side with you if you are saying that you are not ready, and your girl may be recpetive to hearing that from another woman. And at the same time your girl can get some help for some of the emotional issues she may have from your terrible situation.
I hope it all works out for you.

In any case if it were to go TOTALLY my way, I would Have a baby in 4 or 5 years. But since she wants one way sooner, i even suggested that we have one in 2 years minimum. I feel that i am trying to meet her half way but she wont bend.

Her losing the first one definitely had an impact. Obviously Ive asked her and she said no. WHich I dont believe.

Ive even suggested that we go counseling for help. She doesnt feel SHE needs it, whether its relationship wise or dealing with the loss of the baby and that I can go if I want. But she didnt flip out or anything like that.
Then place it on you. Say that if you're going to have a baby so soon after the tragedy that y'all had to endure, you want to go to counseling to get all of your emotions out. And tell her that you want her to fully participate too, because if you're still feeling grief over it, she has to be as well.

Make yourself the focus. Say something like if she's unwilling to attend counseling with you, then how can you expect her to parent with you as well. Women love that if you're not with me, you're against me type logic.

I think this is the way to go. It is to a point that you have tried to express that you want to be able to provide for your family b4 you start one, but she is not going to listen.
You need reinforcements. Do/say whatever you have to do/say to get her to counseling. And make sure it is a woman counselor. At least this way you two can have a mediated conversation about everything. I'm sure that the counselor will side with you if you are saying that you are not ready, and your girl may be recpetive to hearing that from another woman. And at the same time your girl can get some help for some of the emotional issues she may have from your terrible situation.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Damn, your shorty's name was Nas though?
pimp.gif

yeah i chose the name.. It means defender. Just so happens its the name of my favorite artist also.in response to the last post, i definitely dont wanna be forced into having a kid before time. Especially deliberately. She insists that she understands my issues, but she feels that HER issues should matter more. Especially since she is "the bearer" as she calls it. Bearer of the baby and bearer of the issue.

pimp.gif

yeah i chose the name.. It means defender. Just so happens its the name of my favorite artist also.in response to the last post, i definitely dont wanna be forced into having a kid before time. Especially deliberately. She insists that she understands my issues, but she feels that HER issues should matter more. Especially since she is "the bearer" as she calls it. Bearer of the baby and bearer of the issue.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

shes a year older. shes 22 going on 23 this october. im looking at is like your not in your 30s and you bio clock is rapidly ticking and a crazy rate. how hard is it to wait till you hit 25 years old? get you a nice college degree and a decent job too. so we both can work towards a goal.... TOGETHER. not only me working for ALL of us... Shes not in school or has a job either. she hasnt even started college yet. so really? why would I put myself in the position of bearing that burden right now?
roll.gif
roll.gif
you're kidding me right?

Biological clock
roll.gif
roll.gif

AND she said its either "baby or we break up"?

Oh man. Break it off with this crazy chick.

This is ridiculous. Having babies at 23
smh.gif
smh.gif

shes a year older. shes 22 going on 23 this october. im looking at is like your not in your 30s and you bio clock is rapidly ticking and a crazy rate. how hard is it to wait till you hit 25 years old? get you a nice college degree and a decent job too. so we both can work towards a goal.... TOGETHER. not only me working for ALL of us... Shes not in school or has a job either. she hasnt even started college yet. so really? why would I put myself in the position of bearing that burden right now?
roll.gif
roll.gif
you're kidding me right?

Biological clock
roll.gif
roll.gif

AND she said its either "baby or we break up"?

Oh man. Break it off with this crazy chick.

This is ridiculous. Having babies at 23
smh.gif
smh.gif

Don't let her trap you. I was watching 'He's just not that into you' the other day and it's always the couples that force each other to do something that end up not being happy.

Don't let her trap you. I was watching 'He's just not that into you' the other day and it's always the couples that force each other to do something that end up not being happy.

pimp.gif

yeah i chose the name.. It means defender. Just so happens its the name of my favorite artist also.

in response to the last post, i definitely dont wanna be forced into having a kid before time. Especially deliberately.
She insists that she understands my issues, but she feels that HER issues should matter more. Especially since she is "the bearer" as she calls it. Bearer of the baby and bearer of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom