Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Anyone ever had to deal with United Refunds? Our trip to OGG Maui on the 13th was cancelled out of Denver, because of a blizzard that rolled through. After rescheduling us twice on different flights, those flights were also cancelled. After contacting United over the phone (3+ hour call) - the best solution was for us to buy new flights on Delta, from a different airport (SLC). The United rep on the phone said that she would refund half of our original ticket costs to the original form of payment (Chase Sapphire Reserve CC). We had to submit all of the information on the United Refunds webpage.

Just got the email from United stating that they were refunding half of our ticket prices... in the form of United Travel Vouchers. So instead of a cash / cc refund - I have 1 year to spend $1700+ on United flights using these vouchers. And not even $1700 for myself, its split between the 4 passengers I traveled with.

Thoughts on how to proceed? I already DM'ed United's twitter account, and the rep told me to reply to the email from refunds@United.com stating that Travel Vouchers would not work. I wrote a long *** email, only to get hit with the automated "we don't accept replies to this inbox" message. I messaged him back on Twitter, waiting for a reply now.

Anyone have success getting a United Travel Voucher changed to an actual refund?

Anyone ever had to deal with United Refunds? Our trip to OGG Maui on the 13th was cancelled out of Denver, because of a blizzard that rolled through. After rescheduling us twice on different flights, those flights were also cancelled. After contacting United over the phone (3+ hour call) - the best solution was for us to buy new flights on Delta, from a different airport (SLC). The United rep on the phone said that she would refund half of our original ticket costs to the original form of payment (Chase Sapphire Reserve CC). We had to submit all of the information on the United Refunds webpage.

Just got the email from United stating that they were refunding half of our ticket prices... in the form of United Travel Vouchers. So instead of a cash / cc refund - I have 1 year to spend $1700+ on United flights using these vouchers. And not even $1700 for myself, its split between the 4 passengers I traveled with.

Thoughts on how to proceed? I already DM'ed United's twitter account, and the rep told me to reply to the email from refunds@United.com stating that Travel Vouchers would not work. I wrote a long *** email, only to get hit with the automated "we don't accept replies to this inbox" message. I messaged him back on Twitter, waiting for a reply now.

Anyone have success getting a United Travel Voucher changed to an actual refund?
Yeah unfortunately weather disasters aren't they fault and they arent liable, although they never boarded the plane or made it there. Robbery if you ask me.

Anyways, they should give you the money back, or if you have one of the CC that offer insurance, I'll try that route.

Worst case, I'll give you 1k for the voucher.

Yeah unfortunately weather disasters aren't they fault and they arent liable, although they never boarded the plane or made it there. Robbery if you ask me.

Anyways, they should give you the money back, or if you have one of the CC that offer insurance, I'll try that route.

Worst case, I'll give you 1k for the voucher.

Twitter rep suggested I send a "Customer Care" complaint, listing the same info / request. He (or she?) is making it seem like its not big deal. His exact words were:

"You can tell them that instead of an ETC, you'd like to receive a refund. Include the claim ID's, and they should be able to assist you. ^MD"

So TBD I guess... Next step if United bones us, is to contact my Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Here is a link to their "Travel Insurance" that is automatically included when purchasing with the card:

https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/sapphirereserve/travel

What’s Covered
This is not an exhaustive list. Examples include:

• Accidental bodily injury, loss of life, or sickness experienced by the Cardholder, a traveling companion or an immediate family member of the Cardholder or a traveling companion
  • Severe weather that prevents the start or continuation a covered trip
  • Terrorist action or hijacking
  • Jury duty or a court subpoena that cannot be postponed or waived
  • Financial insolvency of the Cardholder’s travel agency, tour operator, or travel supplier

But, it also says this:

Who’s Covered
  • Cardholder
  • Immediate family members (even if the Cardholder is not traveling with them)

2 of the 4 passengers are just friends of ours, so it doesn't look like they'd cover them (not immediate family)?

Twitter rep suggested I send a "Customer Care" complaint, listing the same info / request. He (or she?) is making it seem like its not big deal. His exact words were:

"You can tell them that instead of an ETC, you'd like to receive a refund. Include the claim ID's, and they should be able to assist you. ^MD"

So TBD I guess... Next step if United bones us, is to contact my Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Here is a link to their "Travel Insurance" that is automatically included when purchasing with the card:

https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/sapphirereserve/travel

What’s Covered
This is not an exhaustive list. Examples include:

• Accidental bodily injury, loss of life, or sickness experienced by the Cardholder, a traveling companion or an immediate family member of the Cardholder or a traveling companion
  • Severe weather that prevents the start or continuation a covered trip
  • Terrorist action or hijacking
  • Jury duty or a court subpoena that cannot be postponed or waived
  • Financial insolvency of the Cardholder’s travel agency, tour operator, or travel supplier

But, it also says this:

Who’s Covered
  • Cardholder
  • Immediate family members (even if the Cardholder is not traveling with them)

2 of the 4 passengers are just friends of ours, so it doesn't look like they'd cover them (not immediate family)?
Like I said, they should refund you the money and I'll still put a claim via your card .

Most likely the card will cover everyone since it was purchased with the card, but it might take a bit of work.

I used to roam and party hard in border towns. Mexicali, Calexico, TJ, Tecate, Rosaritos etc.

The second time it happened i really thought I was done.

We were traveling in two vehicles, we took the Mexican highway to show some peeps the rumorosa (very famous and dangerous mountain Mexican passage), once we passed we stop to grab some food. We are all having a blast eating and drinking and money was not an issue. Once we are done we continue on our way right after you passed tecate, theres a long stretch, is night time already, probably 12:30am. In the distance we see a bright light as we getting closer one of my boys says dude, that **** ain't moving, it might be a checkpoint. Well obviously we been drinking and we didnt want the smoke so we slow down and when we are about to make an U mofos from both side of the road come out with AKs, vehicles behind come OD close and put their brights the light in the distance comes rolling towards us and is a **********ing tank. At this point I'm asking everyone how much money we have to pay these cops off, however, it quickly becomes clear these dudes weren't cops and they didnt want money. We are all pull from the vehicles thrown to the ground, physically assaulted etc. We are being screamed and asked mad questions.

Apparantly the two Mercedes we were rolling in are the same color and model the rival cartel was famous for having, once we stopped to eat and were splurging it raised suspicion from a member of the rival cartel that swore one of the girls with us was related to the cartel leader. They had been after us since we left the establishment and were conducting some type of illegal **** in the next town over.

All these were the help and while we are being assaulted the capos hand arrived, he looks at us and says these pendejos dont know ****, let them go, we dont want the gringos here for these pedazos the mierda.

Bruh ...

For about 10 minutes after we were all silence, then a few of the peeps I was with started laughing and talking about holy **** we were almost done and the adrenaline rushing thru them.

I was more on the, shocked I made it out alive.

I truly believe if that capo didnt come, we all would of have been smoked.

That is a WILD *** Story!
Glad ya made it out safe.
I've partied in tijuana, rosarito, and ensenada plenty of times.
Luckily ive never had this happen.

That is a WILD *** Story!
Glad ya made it out safe.
I've partied in tijuana, rosarito, and ensenada plenty of times.
Luckily ive never had this happen.
That wasnt even recent, it was a long time ago. In addition, it wasnt in those towns, it was going from one to another(basically the middle of nowhere).

I seen some **** down there bruh, stories for days.

That wasnt even recent, it was a long time ago. In addition, it wasnt in those towns, it was going from one to another(basically the middle of nowhere).

I seen some **** down there bruh, stories for days.

Keep going.

I thought my buddy had crazy Mexico stories, that definitely topped all of his.

Like I said, they should refund you the money and I'll still put a claim via your card .

Most likely the card will cover everyone since it was purchased with the card, but it might take a bit of work.

You saying this based on experience, or just your thoughts?

Not doubting it, but if you or someone had gone through something similar and it worked out would ease my mind a bit.

Worst case, we'll have vouchers to use elsewhere on another trip. And the Maui trip was bad ***, so it was worth it.

turbospartan turbospartan Ive had a similar experience but for work travel.

Most recently was last May - had a flight from CLE to DC on a Friday.

Actually it wasn’t weather related... plane I was supposed to be on was delayed due to some maintenance so paid out of pocket for a different carrier, had the OG pay for it

ya need to watch out not getting too far out from resorts territories in Mexico theres alot of war going on lately for narcos claiming territories

2FB5EBC4-CB67-4DFE-B8F0-17F13A1C92A6.jpeg
Currently in Roma (outside our airbnb)

Started in Aviano
then venezia
then florence
... now in Rome.

You saying this based on experience, or just your thoughts?

Not doubting it, but if you or someone had gone through something similar and it worked out would ease my mind a bit.

Worst case, we'll have vouchers to use elsewhere on another trip. And the Maui trip was bad ***, so it was worth it.
I used to be a heavy traveler.

Happened multiple times.

There are a magnitude of airlines and they tend to have different policies.

But one thing has always stayed true during my situations, since you disnt board the plane because of weather, the would refund you in part or whole and of everything is not covered most CC covered the rest. If it was during a layover, Airline would supply hotels and any other expenses not cover by airline, CC paid for.

2FB5EBC4-CB67-4DFE-B8F0-17F13A1C92A6.jpeg
Currently in Roma (outside our airbnb)

Started in Aviano
then venezia
then florence
... now in Rome.
I stay up the block when I go to Rome. With a great view of that church.

Nice .....

Enjoy and take it all in.

I know you're on a time constraint and its going to be impossible to visit everything and take it in so I'd skip some stuff.

Do you have an agenda?

bare w me posting on my phone

We’ve been doing train rides which have been great! assigned seating and quick ...
aviano to venice was like 45mins
venice to florence was about 2 hours
florence to rome about 1 hour

florence was fun spent a night here in an artist studio (pics arent uploading)
2FCB4B79-42BE-4A6A-8AA4-94C9500B3DFB.jpeg

WoW sounds like the Sprint airline for international flights :lol:

Anybody check out Gate One Travel?

Im thinking about doing this as a quick trip:

They have a 4 day Cartagena Columbia trip for $500 - flight and hotel (4 star) from
May - November leaving out of Miami.

https://www.gate1travel.com/latin-a...dependent/colombia-vacation-idd4dctgva19.aspx

Also 6 day Paris or Amsterdam flights and hotel (4star) - 4 nights leaving from New York for starting at $599. Any price, there’s a $100 code off...

Save $100 per person on independent vacations with promo code FSAP100

Paris

https://www.gate1travel.com/europe/...fs&advid=22583CC3-6168-408A-0217-A2129CD59582

Amsterdam:

https://www.gate1travel.com/europe/...fs&advid=22583CC3-6168-408A-0217-A2129CD59582

14DDEFCD-88C2-4B60-955F-F8D233A5B8B9.jpeg
24440B14-4D52-493F-913F-4B82BA2AD380.jpeg
75F9A093-64C1-4BAC-AF56-97628C04982D.jpeg
Now in Rome, has to be my favorite so far
(5 nights here)

Have done pretty much everything and all the tours ... whats crazy to me is the driving / pedestrians/ parking ... this aint nothing close to LA

Prices are really fair for food / beer / groceries

been walking / ubering everywhere

everyone smokes dont matter what age ...

unimpressed w the pasta and pizza (not big on italian food)

Had chinese food last night spent 70 euros and was so happy to feast w some flavorful food

F94AAB11-C193-4557-AF17-F4C7A8BE3D6F.jpeg
693AF492-ED57-49FC-9A6B-CDC6DDB18803.jpeg

Sorry guys if i dump some photos real quick

Venice we spent a night , pretty cool stayed right by the rialto ... did what we could st marks square ... gondola ride ...
You're definitely moving. LoL

At least you get to see the big tourist things, but I know you cant be taking much in.

How many days are you staying in Rome?

You can do a lot of things in one day, if you just want to look and go to the next attraction.

Spanish Steps/Novanno walk to Trevi Fountain then to Colosseum, next to it Roman forum and at the end of that there's Altare della Patria after walk a few blocks and you'll hit the Pantheon and if you fell like after, take the train the Vatican and St Peter's and walk down to Castel DAngelo. One long exhausting day.

Btw I would never do this unless I was there just 1 day.

You are still skipping stuff and definitely not enjoying your vacation.

Back
Top Bottom