Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Outside of the US, Spain has had the best pizza I’ve ever had.

Going to Singapore in a couple of weeks for work. I’m staying a couple of days extra for myself any recommendations?
Spain has some good food. Ironically, the best Chinese food that I have eaten was in Germany (outside of Trier). Were going to visit a Friend and we told the cab to stop at the first spot and it happened to be I love their food. Not sure if it was hunger, but it was bomb.

In Paris, I be tripping when I go to KFC, they have no chicken pieces, just strips. I dont know if that **** is normal but that's all I have seen. LoL

Some flicks. Mostly south Iceland and some of West Iceland. I did a 6 hour hike in the Glaicers mountain (400m above peak altitude). Also, Ice Climb. Saw the Northern Lights the first day here. Of course the touristy, Blue Lagoon. (Big hype)

I’ve experienced every weather condition possible. Snow, Sleet Storm, Hail Storm, Rain, Dry, Wind Storm (Driving through it on the edge of the mountain with no rail guard).

The weather changed just in walking distance :lol: I walked in 40 mph winds on the peninsula cliff :lol: Talk about a rush!

Temps are about 30 to 46 degrees right now. It’s transitioning from winter to spring.

This has to be one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. Just to imagine, they didn’t have roads to these places until the 80’s. The 70’s they were traveling by horses. The city had roads.

The people were extra friendly. It’s very expensive here. (Not as much as Switzerland)

Just a few shots. Took too many pictures :lol:

95317393-C492-447D-982B-2A36DD9FB2DE.jpeg

8F210617-D2A0-4DCD-AEBE-2B8783184B81.jpeg

B1D7F72F-B692-4506-83C3-4413A63B2DEC.jpeg

F6BAA66F-FAA8-48C0-9AC4-9F7D501B3F0F.jpeg

85E89EB0-F583-48A9-B8A6-D40838FAC45A.jpeg

8B05D208-3FB5-4F2A-8E59-DC80D89C003F.jpeg

7657CF0F-8A8B-4800-8AD6-C9F58792BA35.jpeg

F039A198-9F37-47A8-AECF-D7A7517FA99D.jpeg

E5A6E24E-94E2-4F19-97A5-246560966FFA.jpeg

Would like to know the story about that aircraft. :nerd:

-Drew

Some flicks. Mostly south Iceland and some of West Iceland. I did a 6 hour hike in the Glaicers mountain (400m above peak altitude). Also, Ice Climb. Saw the Northern Lights the first day here. Of course the touristy, Blue Lagoon. (Big hype)

I’ve experienced every weather condition possible. Snow, Sleet Storm, Hail Storm, Rain, Dry, Wind Storm (Driving through it on the edge of the mountain with no rail guard).

The weather changed just in walking distance :lol: I walked in 40 mph winds on the peninsula cliff :lol: Talk about a rush!

Temps are about 30 to 46 degrees right now. It’s transitioning from winter to spring.

This has to be one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. Just to imagine, they didn’t have roads to these places until the 80’s. The 70’s they were traveling by horses. The city had roads.

The people were extra friendly. It’s very expensive here. (Not as much as Switzerland)

Just a few shots. Took too many pictures :lol:

95317393-C492-447D-982B-2A36DD9FB2DE.jpeg

8F210617-D2A0-4DCD-AEBE-2B8783184B81.jpeg

B1D7F72F-B692-4506-83C3-4413A63B2DEC.jpeg

F6BAA66F-FAA8-48C0-9AC4-9F7D501B3F0F.jpeg

85E89EB0-F583-48A9-B8A6-D40838FAC45A.jpeg

8B05D208-3FB5-4F2A-8E59-DC80D89C003F.jpeg

7657CF0F-8A8B-4800-8AD6-C9F58792BA35.jpeg

F039A198-9F37-47A8-AECF-D7A7517FA99D.jpeg

E5A6E24E-94E2-4F19-97A5-246560966FFA.jpeg

I need to see the northern lights. How was it? Got pics?

Yes. Saw it on the first day. It was amazing! It was moving...saw it outside the touristy Blue Lagoon. Since I didn’t bring my Canon Rebel, I had to use my iPhone for pics.

You have to make sure it’s clear skies and that you drive out away from the city. This the only way you’ll see them like on the post cards. Which is usually about 45-2 hour drive.

Also download the app, Aurora. This helps you to locate the Northern Light and it’s predictions all over the world.

Without the iso adjustment:

D1CAD5C6-0D44-4C16-9C2B-8E2C811A104A.jpeg

With the iso adjustment:

75400D88-413F-4C23-854E-D0F1BBCCCF53.jpeg

Last edited:
Would like to know the story about that aircraft. :nerd:

-Drew

Of course, I uploaded the actual information board before you hike to the crash site :lol: I took pics of all the information boards I visited

C477DB52-414D-410C-8993-00749B74D09D.jpeg

BEF8A6A5-7BF0-48E9-AD19-4C93B686E1E3.jpeg

16897BF4-8673-4C90-B0D7-ADE7962142FD.jpeg

17CF8095-8A01-4592-9F2C-637F53024A26.jpeg

64806898-6313-4564-84CE-763A101FC442.jpeg

B82FA283-5546-464F-A0BE-A86FB9CBB895.jpeg

If I had to do my Iceland trip over again I would have rented those modern day campers for 2 ppl it’s $160 a day. Come out a lot cheaper than a hotel and car. Everything is expensive there.

Check it out on www.rental.is.

It’s a sprinter truck (depending on the size you want) bed, kitchen, refrigerator, table, chairs, private water line for shower and curtains, dishes and knifes, and heater/cold air unit without needing the car on and unlimited WiFi.

Instead of the 4x4 suv I rented, I could of covered more and got a full nature experience.

Iceland is super safe. They only had 3 murders in the last decade(In 2012 I think). No crime are from gun violence. And everybody owns a gun in Iceland. :lol:

I may rent one for my Peru trip next year.

I’ve decided to take my daughter to South Korea for her bday in November.

Dope pics, Grine Grine . My brothers have been to Iceland, they mentioned how expensive the food is everywhere. And the Blue Lagoon being crowded, overpriced.

Dope pics, Grine Grine . My brothers have been to Iceland, they mentioned how expensive the food is everywhere. And the Blue Lagoon being crowded, overpriced.

Yes the food is expensive . Makes me wonder how much Switzerland since it’s the most expensive country in the world.

I booked the last time slot of the night for the Blue Lagoon. Wasn’t that crowded but I don’t think it was worth it. They have free hot springs, lava lagoon, etc out with nature.

@Los Angeles, buon appetito.

Firenze restaurants:
Ino (sandwich bar; near Uffizi; cured meats, mortadella)
Trattoria Cammillo (Oltrarno; little expensive; bistecca Fiorentina; near Ponte Vecchio; curried shrimp, lasagna, T-bone, ribollita which is Tuscan bread soup)
Enoteca Alessi (wine, wine, wine; pecorino cheeses, chocolate fondue, wine flights)
Mercato Centrale (butchers, fresh fish)
S.forno (bakery; jams, prosciutto, schiacciata pizzas)
Culinaria Bistro (Piazza Tasso; Moroccan & French flavors)
Osteria Tripperia Il Magazzino (near Ponte Vecchio; tripe, ravioli, kale pesto, eggplant parm)
Trattoria Sabatino (rustic; pasta e fagioli, roast guinea fowl, roast pork, stuffed chicken)
Trattoria Sergio Gozzi (150+ years; peposo which is beef stew, porchetta)
Trattoria Da Burde (chickpea farinata, minestrone, old-school wine bar vibe)
La Bottega Del Buon Caffe (Michelin star; pigeon-stuffed cappelletti pasta)
Zeb (San Niccolo district; pappardelle with wild boar sauce, beef stew, ossobuco)
Pizzeria Santarpia (Neapolitan, Margherita slices, Sette Veli chocolate cake)
Trattoria Cibreo (Sant' Ambrogio area; lines, value, soups, stuffed rabbit loin, chicken-ricotta meatballs)
Osteria dell'Enoteca (chicken liver terrine, potato soup, spicy octopus)
Pitti Gola e Cantina (wine bar)
Trattoria Sergio Gozzi (ribollita, fried polpette which are meatballs, pici pasta)
L'Angolo Del Mare (lobster, spaghetti with clams)
Baroni Alimentari (fresh truffles)
Essenziale (six-course or eight-course menus; Chef Simone Cipriani)
Il Santo Bevitore (soups, mushroom risotto, rack of lamb, roast suckling pig)
Trattoria Mario (budget-friendly option; potato-filled tortelli)
Casa del Vino (sheep's milk cheese; Brunello, Sicilian wines)
Da Ruggero (pasta with truffles, spicy sausages with white beans)
Borgo San Jacopo (spaghetti di patale)
Gucci Osteria da Massimo Bottura (tentacle spectacle includes potato, black garlic, grilled octopus)
Cantinetta Antinori (bruschetta, pappa al pomodoro, tagliata)
Regina Bistecca (T-bone; Tuscan Chianina runs 76 euros per kilo)
Le Volpi e L'Uva (wine bar; crostino, duck breast panini, wild boar fennel salami)
Il Guscio (confit tomatoes, grilled eggplant, spaghetti alla trabaccolara)
Buca dell'Orafo (gnudi, maltagliati pasta, panzanella)
Gurdulu (Oltrarno; craft beers, cocktails like Mezcal Negroni, amberjack tortelli)
Enoteca Bellini (Piazza San Pancrazio; meat & cheese plates, crostini)
My Sugar (gelato; dark chocolate Chianti spiked, watermelon surprisingly good)

Anyone been to Basque Country, specifically San Sebastian? Eyeing for May. Latched onto a special project at work, had to reschedule European trip we had scheduled for April.

Outside of the US, Spain has had the best pizza I’ve ever had.

Going to Singapore in a couple of weeks for work. I’m staying a couple of days extra for myself any recommendations?
The infamous chicken and rice spot in chinatown

Heading out to Tulum, Mexico for a birthday getaway. This would be my first actual vacation since 2004 lol.
Enjoy ... stay in the tourist areas man. This is always said and the likelihood is low, but Mexico is dangerous man.

Looking back, I was extremely lucky a couple of times I got ambushed by cartels.

Yes the food is expensive . Makes me wonder how much Switzerland since it’s the most expensive country in the world.

I booked the last time slot of the night for the Blue Lagoon. Wasn’t that crowded but I don’t think it was worth it. They have free hot springs, lava lagoon, etc out with nature.

I been to Switzerland twice and i can vouch its quite expensive they use their own money called francs and its damn near 1 for 1 to a dollar which is good but everything is more. I remember paying $20 for a egg sandwich at a breakfast spot and $10 for the coffee. I hear they also have the highest cost for a cup of coffee compared to other countries. I will post pics when i get the chance if anyone is interested.

Ambushed by cartels? where did you stay bro?
I used to roam and party hard in border towns. Mexicali, Calexico, TJ, Tecate, Rosaritos etc.

The second time it happened i really thought I was done.

We were traveling in two vehicles, we took the Mexican highway to show some peeps the rumorosa (very famous and dangerous mountain Mexican passage), once we passed we stop to grab some food. We are all having a blast eating and drinking and money was not an issue. Once we are done we continue on our way right after you passed tecate, theres a long stretch, is night time already, probably 12:30am. In the distance we see a bright light as we getting closer one of my boys says dude, that **** ain't moving, it might be a checkpoint. Well obviously we been drinking and we didnt want the smoke so we slow down and when we are about to make an U mofos from both side of the road come out with AKs, vehicles behind come OD close and put their brights the light in the distance comes rolling towards us and is a mother****ing tank. At this point I'm asking everyone how much money we have to pay these cops off, however, it quickly becomes clear these dudes weren't cops and they didnt want money. We are all pull from the vehicles thrown to the ground, physically assaulted etc. We are being screamed and asked mad questions.

Apparantly the two Mercedes we were rolling in are the same color and model the rival cartel was famous for having, once we stopped to eat and were splurging it raised suspicion from a member of the rival cartel that swore one of the girls with us was related to the cartel leader. They had been after us since we left the establishment and were conducting some type of illegal **** in the next town over.

All these were the help and while we are being assaulted the capos hand arrived, he looks at us and says these pendejos dont know ****, let them go, we dont want the gringos here for these pedazos the mierda.

Bruh ...

For about 10 minutes after we were all silence, then a few of the peeps I was with started laughing and talking about holy **** we were almost done and the adrenaline rushing thru them.

I was more on the, shocked I made it out alive.

I truly believe if that capo didnt come, we all would of have been smoked.

I got about 3GS saved for my next trip. Got 10 days off at the end of July. I’m thinking of

Tahiti
Bora bora
Jamaica
Fiji

So basically Caribbean or Virgin Islands. Any recommendations out there?

I got about 3GS saved for my next trip. Got 10 days off at the end of July. I’m thinking of

Tahiti
Bora bora
Jamaica
Fiji

So basically Caribbean or Virgin Islands. Any recommendations out there?
Wait what Fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti are you talking about?

No fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti in the Caribbean or Virgin Island. Beautiful place btw.

Back
Top Bottom