Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

DR is a great place to visit if you want to lose weight...

Montego Bay is nice, been a long time since I've been though.

Kinda wanna go to Vietnam.

Yall want to go to DR huh? :nerd:

If that’s the case - we wouldn’t travel anywhere. I was told the same about Ecuador and Egypt.

and I’m being told the same about Coasta Rica.

I still pull up to DR and don’t have any issues. That includes Santo Domingo.

You should be smart enough to move in foreign areas - and if you don’t then yeah stay away.

Now I am re thinking. I could barely sleep last night. After considering all the things not to do...it wouldn't be much of a vacation. So now I am looking at Montego Bay, Costa Rica, and Curaco

Was just in Curaçao for Thanksgiving -rent a car. Happy to give tips!

Now I am re thinking. I could barely sleep last night. After considering all the things not to do...it wouldn't be much of a vacation. So now I am looking at Montego Bay, Costa Rica, and Curaco
Curacao is one of the dopest places I've been. Lot of history there related to Trans-Atlantic slave trade and an amazing mix of culture. Stayed at Avila Beach Club and that was dope too.

Go to Nigeria. Visit the mother land. Travel with an African airline or at least an African travel agency.

Stop eating up the bottled up lies being fed to you by our oppressors and go lie in the crib.

1579116606486.png

I went to Cabo for my bachelor party and granted I had fun but the place itself is a waste. You feel like you are in AZ or something. No culture at all.

I want to go to Mexico City. Heard so much good stuff.

Exactly; when I went to Cancun for a friend’s bday, I was disappointed that I flew so damn far to see nothing but Americans. The only Mexican people I saw were the ones working at the hotels, so the whole place kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Felt like those people who travel but look down on/want to be separated from the locals as much as possible.

SFO/SJ to Mexico City is a short 4-5 hour flight for $400-500, which definitely beats spending the same to fly to the East Coast and experience absolutely nothing new

Go to Nigeria. Visit the mother land. Travel with an African airline or at least an African travel agency.

Stop eating up the bottled up lies being fed to you by our oppressors and go lie in the crib.

definitely want to go to Lagos sometime this year if possible

Mexico City - highly recommended if you enjoy architecture, history, art and high-quality affordable food.
City is safe, uber friendly, designer airbnbs for cheap and flights are on sale all the time

Airbnb host was an architect
20181101_131056_HDR.jpg

Library
IMG_20190725_150200.jpg

Lucha Libre - super fun
20181030_202125_HDR.jpg

Dias de los muertos parade - they started this after the James Bond movie
DSCF3058.JPG

DSCF3057.JPG

Limosneros - my favorite restaurant in the world. Waygu steak tacos.
IMG_20190725_160948.jpg

Insects as food, beetles. What we're going all going to be eating in the next decade after global warming. Tasted like barbecue Lays chips
20181101_214145.jpg

Friday y Diego's crib
20181030_165214.jpg

Attachments

• 20181101_131202_HDR.jpg
    20181101_131202_HDR.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190725_150106.jpg
    IMG_20190725_150106.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
definitely want to go to Lagos sometime this year if possible

Africa is definitely a must. Although I've only been to South Africa, their Williamsburg, BK, I had a lifetime memory with the culture and the safari.
Cape Town & Johannesburg are so inexpensive once you're there.

Africa is definitely a must. Although I've only been to South Africa, their Williamsburg, BK, I had a lifetime memory with the culture and the safari.
Cape Town & Johannesburg are so inexpensive once you're there.

Yup, my goals include hitting up Nigeria, South Africa, and Kenya in the next year or two. It's a bit harder for me to prioritize it due to using most of my long vacation plans to meet close friends/family in Asia and Europe, but definitely on my list

Nice CDMX pics; completely agree with everything you posted. I didn't get to check out Limosneros yet, but I'm going to hit it up next time. I was too busy getting full off random restaurants every block :lol: AirBnB is the way to go out there, I had a high end spot that was ~60 a night in La Condesa with a great view from the balcony

20190629_200204_Original.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Mexico City is really dope. Only place in Mexico I've ever been too and I really enjoyed it.

I plan on visiting (actually grew up there) Lagos in December 2020. Lagos in December (around Christmas time) is a vibe. The energy in the city around that time is just unmatched.

Any experience vacationing in Argentina?

I'll be in Buenos Aires in May for work and gonna do a week before or after with the wife.

We stayed at a place called Rio Perdido in Costa Rica. Absolutely awesome. Take a look for those that are interested in seeing that part of the country. Also did Tamarindo which was cool too for surfing and partying, but not nearly as cool as Rio Perdido.

agree that Mexico city is a great place to visit.
beautiful architecture. art murals and the food the best.

just booked my trip to tokyo in March.
doing tokyo disney for 2 days.
currently trying to figure out the best way to get to kyoto...train i guess
still tryna finalize the rest of the itinerary

Cancun in May? Best options? When should I book by?

I went in August 2018.

I would say to book sooner than later. I always feel like prices are bound to go up the longer you wait unless you find one of those last minute deals. I used Travelocity or Priceline to combine flight and hotel and got a good deal.

I stayed at the Westin Lagunamar. I did not do the all inclusive option because I prefer to explore and eat at other places outside of my hotel. Booze is cheap out there anyway or if you really want to be cheap you can just walk/take the bus to a grocery store and buy whatever you want. The hotel has a huge pool with a swim up bar. You’re right on the beach (pretty much all of the big resorts are), but the tide is usually too strong to get into the water. There’s a a big mall/shopping center right across the street from the hotel I stayed at with a bunch of restaurants. There’s plenty of food options all up and down the hotel zone also.

Talk with the concierge at your hotel about doing any of the“theme” parks/day trips. Definitely try to visit Isla Mujeres. It’s a short ferry ride to get there. Super nice place to spend the day. The beaches there are much more swimmable.

Idk if you’ve been to Mexico before but expect the taxi drivers to try and hustle you as soon as you step out the airport. We paid about $30 to get to our hotel, but I think that’s pretty standard. We walked/used the bus to get around everywhere, it’s less than 1 usd to ride I believe.

Back
Top Bottom