Zazi facing life in prison after it was believed he was planning to detonate bombs all over NYC

eek.gif
Damn
smh.gif

BBBBBuuuuuuttttt Obama's policies are making us less safe and making it harder for the CIA and FBI to monitor homegrown terrorism.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mr5dollarfootlong

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Damn M16 finally snapped.
laugh.gif

seriously, i thought dude was gun toting grimey dude, not a backpack wheeling type...
roll.gif

FBI knew which house to hit because it's the only one on the block that has Vinnie Paz playing 24/7.

Originally Posted by 18key

laugh.gif

seriously, i thought dude was gun toting grimey dude, not a backpack wheeling type...
roll.gif

FBI knew which house to hit because it's the only one on the block that has Vinnie Paz playing 24/7.
Y'all are foul
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

laugh.gif

roll.gif

FBI knew which house to hit because it's the only one on the block in the known universe that has Vinnie Paz playing 24/7.
fixed.
Spoiler [+]
Vinnie_Paz_2.jpg

For about an hour yesterday, all I heard were choppers.

Anyway, since we're on the topic, i'm pretty certain I knew some terrorists. I used to go to this bodega on Union St. and 34th Ave. all the time for acouple of years. Their drinks and snacks were priced lower than the neighboring delis, and nothing about the place was suspect. What I DID notice was apolaroid that was scotch-taped to the cash register; it was a picture of the bodega owner holding an AK and strapped with ammo, with some message written underthe picture. The bodega owner and the other employees looked like what we perceive as the stereotypical terrorist; white turbans, beards with white hair, androbe-like clothing. I was a regular customer of theirs for at least three years, up until the summer of 2001, when I left for college.

Then, 9/11 happened.

There's a considerable Muslim community in Flushing so needless to say, there was some tension in the community. My church is located right next to amosque, and days after the attack, the leader of the mosque visited the pastor of my church and he informed my pastor that the members of the mosque wereagainst Al-Qaeda and were a non-extremist sect or something along the lines of that. We've always had friendly relations with them but the leader of themosque felt compelled to come forward and solidify his stance on the matter.

Anyway, soon after the attacks, I remembered the bodega and the polaroid, and apparently I wasn't the only one. My friends who were well aware of thepolaroid were also reminded of it by the terrorist attacks. I made a trip back home in the first week of October of 2001, weeks after the attacks, and visitingthe bodega was something I had to do. Upon arrival, I discovered the bodega was no longer there; it was cleared out with a FOR RENT sign taped to the frontdoor. Now I have no proof or clearcut data that would connect those bodega owners with the events and it might seem foolish to assume a connection, but itdefinitely had me thinking. The house that was raided is just a few blocks from the bodega too.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Anyway, since we're on the topic, i'm pretty certain I knew some terrorists. I used to go to this bodega on Union St. and 34th Ave. all the time for a couple of years. Their drinks and snacks were priced lower than the neighboring delis, and nothing about the place was suspect. What I DID notice was a polaroid that was scotch-taped to the cash register; it was a picture of the bodega owner holding an AK and strapped with ammo, with some message written under the picture. The bodega owner and the other employees looked like what we perceive as the stereotypical terrorist; white turbans, beards with white hair, and robe-like clothing. I was a regular customer of theirs for at least three years, up until the summer of 2001, when I left for college.

Then, 9/11 happened.

There's a considerable Muslim community in Flushing so needless to say, there was some tension in the community. My church is located right next to a mosque, and days after the attack, the leader of the mosque visited the pastor of my church and he informed my pastor that the members of the mosque were against Al-Qaeda and were a non-extremist sect or something along the lines of that. We've always had friendly relations with them but the leader of the mosque felt compelled to come forward and solidify his stance on the matter.

Anyway, soon after the attacks, I remembered the bodega and the polaroid, and apparently I wasn't the only one. My friends who were well aware of the polaroid were also reminded of it by the terrorist attacks. I made a trip back home in the first week of October of 2001, weeks after the attacks, and visiting the bodega was something I had to do. Upon arrival, I discovered the bodega was no longer there; it was cleared out with a FOR RENT sign taped to the front door. Now I have no proof or clearcut data that would connect those bodega owners with the events and it might seem foolish to assume a connection, but it definitely had me thinking. The house that was raided is just a few blocks from the bodega too.
its stupid stuff like this that label innocent people as terrorists.....dude closed down a store and had a picture of him holding a gun....yep hewas a terrorist...

There's a considerable Muslim community in Flushing
There are also a lot of Sikhs and people confuse them.

That mosque on 33 or 34th is pretty big (in between parsons and union).. don't quote me on this and I'm not generalizing.. just pointing out that iheard its the biggest one on the east coast? i don't know if there's any truth to that. just backing up your statement that there are a lot of Muslimsin Flushing.

And I have no recollection of such a deli on Union.. all the Delis there now are oriental owned except for the 99¢ store which is owned by middle easternpeople..

Anyway, since we're on the topic, i'm pretty certain I knew some terrorists. I used to go to this bodega on Union St. and 34th Ave. all the time for a couple of years. Their drinks and snacks were priced lower than the neighboring delis, and nothing about the place was suspect. What I DID notice was a polaroid that was scotch-taped to the cash register; it was a picture of the bodega owner holding an AK and strapped with ammo, with some message written under the picture. The bodega owner and the other employees looked like what we perceive as the stereotypical terrorist; white turbans, beards with white hair, and robe-like clothing. I was a regular customer of theirs for at least three years, up until the summer of 2001, when I left for college.

Then, 9/11 happened.

There's a considerable Muslim community in Flushing so needless to say, there was some tension in the community. My church is located right next to a mosque, and days after the attack, the leader of the mosque visited the pastor of my church and he informed my pastor that the members of the mosque were against Al-Qaeda and were a non-extremist sect or something along the lines of that. We've always had friendly relations with them but the leader of the mosque felt compelled to come forward and solidify his stance on the matter.

Anyway, soon after the attacks, I remembered the bodega and the polaroid, and apparently I wasn't the only one. My friends who were well aware of the polaroid were also reminded of it by the terrorist attacks. I made a trip back home in the first week of October of 2001, weeks after the attacks, and visiting the bodega was something I had to do. Upon arrival, I discovered the bodega was no longer there; it was cleared out with a FOR RENT sign taped to the front door. Now I have no proof or clearcut data that would connect those bodega owners with the events and it might seem foolish to assume a connection, but it definitely had me thinking. The house that was raided is just a few blocks from the bodega too.
uvgbc.gif

Originally Posted by copped

its stupid stuff like this that label innocent people as terrorists.....dude closed down a store and had a picture of him holding a gun....yep he was a terrorist...
Now I have no proof or clearcut data that would connect those bodega owners with the events and it might seem foolish to assume a connection, but it definitely had me thinking.

Did I not say myself that there probably is no connection?

But FBI just raided a house with some suspected link to Al-Qaeda, less than a mile from where the bodega used to be. The guy had a picture of himself with anAK and strapped with ammo. You're calling that normal? Nobody would think twice about it? I know what ignorance is and isn't. Stop being so sensitive.

As for the bodega...it WAS the 99 cents store.

EDIT

Just saw the news. Authorities were suspicious about a man who traveled to NYC from Colorado. They questioned a man who let the Colorado man stay at his apt.for one night. FBI found documents containing bomb-making info that belonged to the Colorado man.

Anyway, this is just a bit alarming since it's so close to home for a lot of us here. It just reminded me of the polaroid thing.

YES, a guy holding an automatic weapon in a photo is mad suspect, how are you gonna blame dude for being suspicious. But he might have just put the pic upthere to scare would be robbers. but yeah you have every right to be suspicious of stuff like that.

that article sucked.
they didn't even find anything??
it seemed like all it kept talking about was how sure these guys are terrorists.
but i didn't see much proof.

it is better to be safe than sorry. if there is a chance that someone might kill me, i would rather be cautious around them than be killed. the desire to liveis human nature. you cannot blame people for that.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

it is better to be safe than sorry. if there is a chance that someone might kill me, i would rather be cautious around them than be killed. the desire to live is human nature. you cannot blame people for that.
roll.gif
roll.gif

what?????????? better to be safe than sorry?? round up people without an substantiated proof, then come up short with all these BS shock and awe raids toremind us that we are 'at war'...and we are 'fighting terrorists'...

you probably don't think what you're saying is ignorant, but it is....

let's start rounding up black people in white t's on urban hood corners...because we are fighting a 'war on drugs'....is that also better safethan sorry??

come on man...

oh btw having a picture while holding a gun (AK always, because this is the firearm associated with Muslim Terrorists
laugh.gif
) does NOT make you a terrorist suspect....the only reason you are making thelink is because the dude is NOT white..and probably muslim arab, or some middle eastern ethnicity...otherwise the idea of terrorist wouldn't even pop intoyour head...similarly living lose to a place where suspected 'al-qaeda' operatives lives also does not make your bodega pal a terrorist suspect...

this whole idea that a 'terrorist identity' psychologically and physically exists is unsubstantiated...

i find it funny you were ##%#!@!* bricks because your prejudices and stereotypical mindset overloaded....

relax dudes lease was probably up or he got deported for not paying taxes or some lame BS...

Then, 9/11 happened.

maybe he wanted to avoid hate and violence, and fled? or maybe he was affiliated... who knows.

Then, 9/11 happened.

That's somewhat profiling, no? Also I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but the people that were part of the 9/11 attacks weren't in that type ofattire. It would just bring more attention to them. Maybe they closed down because they got harassed by people after 9/11 with similar thinking or even falselyapprehended by authorities like many innocent people. Hey it was only a thought because the media feeds us so much bs.

Back
Top Bottom