Zazi facing life in prison after it was believed he was planning to detonate bombs all over NYC

Originally Posted by Woodside718

smh.gif
, now its gonna be crazy hot

Not really my dude .... Live around in Forest Hills .. whenever there is a murder or something wayyyy serious like a terrorist plot police could care lessabout you runnin around w/ bud or other drugs ..

When there was a shooting in lefrak we got pulled over a few hrs later w/ 2 ounces on us, a few E-pills and $2500 cash .. dudes said "today is your luckynight fellas, we are looking for guns, just get to where you are going to .... fast !!!"

Off topic ::: I dont know why black people swear ALL cops are bad (yes I am black) .. Lot of police have let me go w/ $$%$ ... Only a couple of rookies havelocked me up for BS .. Its the rookies ya'll gotta hate !!

Hopefully I'm safe in Woodhaven.

First thing a friend of mine told me this morning was "I thought they were going to say Richmond Hill at first, not Flushing."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

it is better to be safe than sorry. if there is a chance that someone might kill me, i would rather be cautious around them than be killed. the desire to live is human nature. you cannot blame people for that.
roll.gif
roll.gif

what?????????? better to be safe than sorry?? round up people without an substantiated proof, then come up short with all these BS shock and awe raids to remind us that we are 'at war'...and we are 'fighting terrorists'...

you probably don't think what you're saying is ignorant, but it is....

let's start rounding up black people in white t's on urban hood corners...because we are fighting a 'war on drugs'....is that also better safe than sorry??

come on man...

oh btw having a picture while holding a gun (AK always, because this is the firearm associated with Muslim Terrorists
laugh.gif
) does NOT make you a terrorist suspect....the only reason you are making the link is because the dude is NOT white..and probably muslim arab, or some middle eastern ethnicity...otherwise the idea of terrorist wouldn't even pop into your head...similarly living lose to a place where suspected 'al-qaeda' operatives lives also does not make your bodega pal a terrorist suspect...

this whole idea that a 'terrorist identity' psychologically and physically exists is unsubstantiated...

i find it funny you were ##%#!@!* bricks because your prejudices and stereotypical mindset overloaded....

relax dudes lease was probably up or he got deported for not paying taxes or some lame BS...

- this has already been in effect for a while now
eyes.gif

- who are you? you seem real defensive about this issue in a very biased way. i mean, you're using extremes. the way you talk you'd think they startedrounding up all the usual suspects off looks alone every where they could find them like in The Siege.they acted off evidence and surveillence. its not a perfect science so sometimes they may run into the wrong house...it happens. and yes its better to be safethan sorry, this is a true statement. dont like it leave the country.

If they don't want to be stereotyped they need to call up all there boy's in Iraq, Iran and all the other arab countries and tell them to quit hatingon the U.S.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

For about an hour yesterday, all I heard were choppers.

Anyway, since we're on the topic, i'm pretty certain I knew some terrorists. I used to go to this bodega on Union St. and 34th Ave. all the time for a couple of years. Their drinks and snacks were priced lower than the neighboring delis, and nothing about the place was suspect. What I DID notice was a polaroid that was scotch-taped to the cash register; it was a picture of the bodega owner holding an AK and strapped with ammo, with some message written under the picture. The bodega owner and the other employees looked like what we perceive as the stereotypical terrorist; white turbans, beards with white hair, and robe-like clothing. I was a regular customer of theirs for at least three years, up until the summer of 2001, when I left for college.

Then, 9/11 happened.

There's a considerable Muslim community in Flushing so needless to say, there was some tension in the community. My church is located right next to a mosque, and days after the attack, the leader of the mosque visited the pastor of my church and he informed my pastor that the members of the mosque were against Al-Qaeda and were a non-extremist sect or something along the lines of that. We've always had friendly relations with them but the leader of the mosque felt compelled to come forward and solidify his stance on the matter.

Anyway, soon after the attacks, I remembered the bodega and the polaroid, and apparently I wasn't the only one. My friends who were well aware of the polaroid were also reminded of it by the terrorist attacks. I made a trip back home in the first week of October of 2001, weeks after the attacks, and visiting the bodega was something I had to do. Upon arrival, I discovered the bodega was no longer there; it was cleared out with a FOR RENT sign taped to the front door. Now I have no proof or clearcut data that would connect those bodega owners with the events and it might seem foolish to assume a connection, but it definitely had me thinking. The house that was raided is just a few blocks from the bodega too.
eek.gif

i know exactly the place you're talking about! i lived on 34-15 Parson Blvd up until 2001 of August

ah it's all crap and lies. alqueida living amongst us, this and that. please every time i hear this crap i laugh because it's just stupid. just anotherway to try and keep people in control and scared.

Maybe they closed down because they got harassed by people after 9/11
more than likely the case..
or they lost business b/c of it.

btw I don't know why people are quoting that insult....
ya'll have been warned

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

ah it's all crap and lies. alqueida living amongst us, this and that. please every time i hear this crap i laugh because it's just stupid. just another way to try and keep people in control and scared.
laugh.gif
just wait until your walking down the street and one ofthem blows you up, then you'll know they are here.

yeah ive been told that before. funny cuz i live in a predominately Pakistani,, Bangladeshi neighborhood here in Brooklyn. they haven't done nothing to meat all lol only time will tell lol

justhotkicks: if you had any suspicion at all, why wouldn't you contact authorities? or didn't it cross your mind until AFTER 9/11? just curious...

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

ah it's all crap and lies. alqueida living amongst us, this and that. please every time i hear this crap i laugh because it's just stupid. just another way to try and keep people in control and scared.
laugh.gif
just wait until your walking down the street and one of them blows you up, then you'll know they are here.
smh @ this ignorance

tired.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

laugh.gif
just wait until your walking down the street and one of them blows you up, then you'll know they are here.
smh @ this ignorance

tired.gif
how is that ignorant? They blow each other up everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan what's stopping them from coming over here and doing that?

JDB1523 wrote:
justhotkicks: if you had any suspicion at all, why wouldn't you contact authorities? or didn't it cross your mind until AFTER 9/11? just curious...

- i dont think he had any suspisions. i think most folks didnt get that through what he was saying. it sounded like when he saw the picture (like most in hisarea) they thought nothing of it...........that is until 9/11. and that that was one of the first things on his mind right after (seeing how he lived rightthere). and that that was one of the first places he went back to after 9/11 only to see the store vacant.

- any one of us would have had those same thoughts going through our heads at least for a moment. and not anyone on here can say what probably did or didnthappen to the vendors of the store and why it was closed. saying they probably just closed down holds about as much weight as they probably had some sort ofterror ties.

- at that time we in america were not scared of a picture like the one OP described. sure we had seen stuff like it on TV but it had not hit home yet. OP wasjust telling a story....

- look into it OP if you're that interested.
nerd.gif

so as of now they searched the houses cause someone was visiting from Colorado who is now wanted for questioning..

im so glad i moved from Flushing...

that bldg on Sanford Ave down the block from 20 & 189 was the only Al-Qaeda magnet...

FBI now warning to lookout for anyone doing suspicious activity in their neighborhood
grin.gif
umm okay...

Originally Posted by dgk3188

laugh.gif
smh @ this ignorance

tired.gif
how is that ignorant? They blow each other up everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan what's stopping them from coming over here and doing that?
If you honestly cannot see the difference between two war torn countries and New York City I don't think there is much anyone can do in theway of helping you.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

FBI now warning to lookout for anyone doing suspicious activity in their neighborhood
grin.gif
umm okay...

laugh.gif
I'm looking out the window of my building see suspicious activityright now.

This is just going to get people all nervous.

anybody near forest hills remember the dunkin donuts that used to be on austin street? closed down right around 9/11? lots of people always thought that wasreal shady.

and seriously, how are you gonna compare afghanistan and iraq to nyc? all cultures, races, and religions get along relatively well in nyc. well I guess thelefrak-iraq connections make a bit more sense lol.

Back
Top Bottom