Zion Joins Jordan Brand

My fav non MJ sig under JB :nthat:. This shoe is so underrated. They haven't gotten it right with any other shoe since as far as casual appeal imo.

f3ab9e6a5be45bdf48d143b6fe8b2d6f.jpg

I don't see Zion getting a nice looking sig off court wise but it'll probably be good on court though.

wish they would release again

Melo 5.5's were tough. I kinda regret throwing my pair out, but they prolly woulda fell apart on me by now anyway lol

This was my favorite color. I only bought them cause they were $50 but this shoe was popular.

I think this shoe is hideous.

Jordan-Melo-55-311813-061-BLACKVARSITY-REDWHITE.jpg

also i hope zion brings us some mardi gras 1s

Hell. Mardi gras colored 1-11. Do it

Zion in NO brings us two colorway options people may not realize. NO with a jordan brand outlet for colorways could be huge. Gold/red/navy, purple/gold/green

And possibly classic black/gold.

THis could be fun for about a year or two until Z outgrows them

There are certain factors that must take place to sell a shoe as an athlete. The obvious is they perform great on the court. The other is great designs that capture attention genuinely, not just celeb hype. And the last, the athlete has to be likable. Michael did all that better than anyone at his time. Other than Jeter, who really has been that likable in JB? Ray Allen maybe. My point is Carmelo had zero charisma what so ever. Chris Paul really didnt either. As an average consumer Im speaking from my own perspective here. No one today has drawn my attention from JB at all in the last several years. As great as Russ is as a player, he still comes off as a guy that can rub you the wrong way with his attitude sometimes and how he carries himself.
Those are just some examples. Zion is instantly likeable, got game from what we know up to this point. The shoe decisions now fall into JBs lap. Along with the marketing. If they really want to take this "brand" into the future as stated, they will go all in with this guy. Make Zion stand out from the Jumpman, just as Nike/Tinker slowly made the Jumpman stand out from Nike. And bring back real commercials during games. Social Media advertising is lame as hell. Pay the money to put him and his shoe in everyones face like they did with Mike several years ago. Just a thought about all this.

Last edited:
Would be cool if he’d be the one to rock all the new signature shoes. Think JB really needs someone to represent the new shoes and show them on court like MJ used to. Maybe mix in some retros sometimes. Just imagine the 34s making their debut on his feet this fall..

After reading this article, https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27289111/every-twist-turn-zion-sneaker-chase it sounds like he will debut the 34. He'll get a sig shoe possibly dropping as early as all-star weekend 2020, which makes pretty good sense being in Chicago it ties in well with JB. If anyone hasn't read the article its a good read, long... but good. Pretty wild that Sonny Vaccaro had some influence on Zion's decision. Also interesting that it sounds like Nike's plan all along was to pitch him to JB. If I read this excerpt right.

"Though the Swoosh was present, the plan from the start was for this to be a Jordan Brand pitch, grounded in the belief that Williamson could take the $3 billion sub-brand of Nike Inc. centered around the Air Jordan line to even greater heights. He would potentially wear the upcoming Air Jordan 34, the brand's flagship annual model that Michael Jordan himself made famous during his playing career. Eventually, he would receive his own signature Jordan Brand model, with a reveal of that sneaker coming as early as All-Star Weekend in Chicago, Jordan's home for most of his professional playing career."

It’s funny how a bunch of you guys sit here and say “he shouldn’t have signed with JB, He should have done this of that”
Yeah easy for you to sit back and say you wouldn’t have signed with JB but C’mon, seriously if I were a young kid about to play in the NBA and here comes JB offering me a shoe deal, you bet your *** I’m taking it. I’d probably sign with the first company offering me a deal :lol:
Your not zion tho

No action in this thread in over a week for the most hyped player since lbj is not a good look for jb.

Also, if jb can cook up a Zion signature in about 8 months why does it take jb over a year to design the next signature jordan?

No action in this thread in over a week for the most hyped player since lbj is not a good look for jb.

Also, if jb can cook up a Zion signature in about 8 months why does it take jb over a year to design the next signature jordan?
Nothing really to talk about till we see something. As far as Js go, the next concept is usually in the works before the current sig drops.

Back
Top Bottom