Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

AIR J XIII

Supporter
from my posts in the ZKVI thread

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

My short Zoom Kobe VI review for anyone interested:

got them from sneakerhead on thursday, waited til this morning to put em on.

as a forwarning, i dont have wide feet and i usually have issues flling the body of a shoe. I also did not use the top lace hole.

Upon putting them on, the snug fit is noticed right away, not much space over your toes but a little wider than the V IMO. I ALWAYS double sock to hoop, even IVs and Vs, but I could single sock with these. They aso feel higher off the ground than the V, but I think it'll get better upon breaking in the insole/midsole. The triple mesh upper with the polyurethane "islands" makes the upper really flexible yet strong because of the flywire, I dont think they are capable of creasing for those that care. The heel of the shoe has a "deep" feel to it, I have to sli my foot back into it before lacing up. They dont feel heavy, but not crazy light either, but how could they after playing in 4s/5s the last two years. I havent played in them but I do have a wood floor and I think tracion will be ok, my YMCAs floor is getting refinished anyway. The zoom units feel thincker than the V, but i dont know how much of that is attributed to the insole.

Conclusion: VI = a better fitting more flexible V
*UPDATE*

NIKE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

I wasnt sure how they would top the 4, but they did by making the 5 better fitting, lighter, stronger, and adding a zoom/zoom setup. I honestly didn't believe the 5 could be topped, but once again the guys over in Beaverton come through.

I shot around in del sols for about 45 min., then played 3 competitive games of 1 on 1.

Results:

Excellent traction, comparable to the 4 IMO, mind you the court was refinished over the christmas holiday. The court feel for me is comparable to the ZKII, which is suprising considering they dont feel as low to the ground as the 4 and 5. Better fit than the 5 for sure, I double sock no matter what and they almost felt too small. As light as the 5, although they have a somewhat clunky feel. I didn't use the top lace hole, but tying tight up top was enough to keep my heel in place.

My one issue with this shoe so far is the insole. I know its supposed to mold to your feet, but in the hour+ that I was playing, they showed no sign of any such thing. My arches/heels started hurting after the first game of 1 on 1.

These DEFINATELY have the potential to be better than the 5 once the insole breaks in.

Im playing pick-up tonight and ill post another update after.
UPDATE from tonight:

I ran 5 straight full games, the insoles felt a little better but still are far from comfortable. I was still able to put in work knocking down some key 3s and helping our team D when we needed stops. Once the insole break in, these things will be butter.

from my posts in the ZKVI thread

My short Zoom Kobe VI review for anyone interested:

got them from sneakerhead on thursday, waited til this morning to put em on.

as a forwarning, i dont have wide feet and i usually have issues flling the body of a shoe. I also did not use the top lace hole.

Upon putting them on, the snug fit is noticed right away, not much space over your toes but a little wider than the V IMO. I ALWAYS double sock to hoop, even IVs and Vs, but I could single sock with these. They aso feel higher off the ground than the V, but I think it'll get better upon breaking in the insole/midsole. The triple mesh upper with the polyurethane "islands" makes the upper really flexible yet strong because of the flywire, I dont think they are capable of creasing for those that care. The heel of the shoe has a "deep" feel to it, I have to sli my foot back into it before lacing up. They dont feel heavy, but not crazy light either, but how could they after playing in 4s/5s the last two years. I havent played in them but I do have a wood floor and I think tracion will be ok, my YMCAs floor is getting refinished anyway. The zoom units feel thincker than the V, but i dont know how much of that is attributed to the insole.

Conclusion: VI = a better fitting more flexible V
*UPDATE*

NIKE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

I wasnt sure how they would top the 4, but they did by making the 5 better fitting, lighter, stronger, and adding a zoom/zoom setup. I honestly didn't believe the 5 could be topped, but once again the guys over in Beaverton come through.

I shot around in del sols for about 45 min., then played 3 competitive games of 1 on 1.

Results:

Excellent traction, comparable to the 4 IMO, mind you the court was refinished over the christmas holiday. The court feel for me is comparable to the ZKII, which is suprising considering they dont feel as low to the ground as the 4 and 5. Better fit than the 5 for sure, I double sock no matter what and they almost felt too small. As light as the 5, although they have a somewhat clunky feel. I didn't use the top lace hole, but tying tight up top was enough to keep my heel in place.

My one issue with this shoe so far is the insole. I know its supposed to mold to your feet, but in the hour+ that I was playing, they showed no sign of any such thing. My arches/heels started hurting after the first game of 1 on 1.

These DEFINATELY have the potential to be better than the 5 once the insole breaks in.

Im playing pick-up tonight and ill post another update after.
UPDATE from tonight:

I ran 5 straight full games, the insoles felt a little better but still are far from comfortable. I was still able to put in work knocking down some key 3s and helping our team D when we needed stops. Once the insole break in, these things will be butter.

How's the fit compared with Jordans since I know Jordans tend to run 1/2 bigger than other Nikes? I don't own any of the Kobes but want to start doing so this year. thx

How's the fit compared with Jordans since I know Jordans tend to run 1/2 bigger than other Nikes? I don't own any of the Kobes but want to start doing so this year. thx

Ok, and yes, I agree that Js are mostly trash now, so let me rephrase a different way ..... Compared to the Nike Lebron 8 (which runs 1/2 smaller than most other Nike kicks), how do these fit? True to size for the Kobe VIs or do they run tight or big? I don't have any of the VIs around me to compare, so any info on the sizing fit would be helpful.

Ok, and yes, I agree that Js are mostly trash now, so let me rephrase a different way ..... Compared to the Nike Lebron 8 (which runs 1/2 smaller than most other Nike kicks), how do these fit? True to size for the Kobe VIs or do they run tight or big? I don't have any of the VIs around me to compare, so any info on the sizing fit would be helpful.

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

How's the fit compared with Jordans since I know Jordans tend to run 1/2 bigger than other Nikes? thx

That's not necessarily the case.

How's the fit compared with Jordans since I know Jordans tend to run 1/2 bigger than other Nikes? thx

I havent tried on the lebron 8 to compare. For me they are true to size, but if you have wide feet, bulky Ninja Turtle feet, or are flat footed, you mightwant to go up .5.

I would say go to your local spot and try on to be 100%

I havent tried on the lebron 8 to compare. For me they are true to size, but if you have wide feet, bulky Ninja Turtle feet, or are flat footed, you mightwant to go up .5.

I would say go to your local spot and try on to be 100%

so far, the VIs are better... haven't experienced the infamous traction issue...
and the comfort on these are fantastic. really soft and supportive. if you try on
your Vs after wearing these, the Vs would feel stiff all of a sudden.

so far, the VIs are better... haven't experienced the infamous traction issue...
and the comfort on these are fantastic. really soft and supportive. if you try on
your Vs after wearing these, the Vs would feel stiff all of a sudden.

Originally Posted by swingshot

I didnt say it's an allness rule, but it is the majority.  Lebron 8s are 1/2 smaller than most Nikes and the 2009 Space Jams are also really small, comparatively speaking, as of opposed to Skytops and Timbs which run bigger.  But, like AJ XIII says, I guess I gotta try them to be sure .... I plan on buying a bunch this year. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by swingshot

I didnt say it's an allness rule, but it is the majority.  Lebron 8s are 1/2 smaller than most Nikes and the 2009 Space Jams are also really small, comparatively speaking, as of opposed to Skytops and Timbs which run bigger.  But, like AJ XIII says, I guess I gotta try them to be sure .... I plan on buying a bunch this year. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by upandcoming

6s feel a lot more roomy and more comfortable than the 5s but still wouldnt recommend..

no one should listen to you because you didn't even talk about performance. 

Originally Posted by upandcoming

6s feel a lot more roomy and more comfortable than the 5s but still wouldnt recommend..

no one should listen to you because you didn't even talk about performance. 

I'll give a review when I wear these as soon as the gyms open up.

I am a traction aficionado - Its one of the top selling points for me, as well as weight and support. First time i've worn a low top in awhile so we'll see how they go.

I'll give a review when I wear these as soon as the gyms open up.

I am a traction aficionado - Its one of the top selling points for me, as well as weight and support. First time i've worn a low top in awhile so we'll see how they go.

Back
Top Bottom