2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Question:

Could a Manny Pacquiao/PBF fight happen? PBF would have to go back down to maybe Lightweight or lightwelterweight, and Manny might have to move up, but could it happen?
nerd.gif
it would NEVER happen, manny would never make the 147 weight and there is no way floyd would cut weight to fight him. and if some chance they did floyd would KO him in the 1st round.

I like them both, and I think Mayweather would probably win around 9-3 in rounds. But c'mon man, a 1st round KO against Boxing's best slugger? You gotta remember, Mayweather is a tactician and almost always uses that one punch and slip strategy. Mayweather would win but definitely not a 1st round KO. But if this were to happen, who knows what kind of draw it would be? The top 2 P4P boxers in the world against one another? Crazy!

Mayweather would KO Pacman in 4 rounds or less.
PacMan aint sluggin with NO 147 lber.

there is not one ranked welterweight that PacMan could beat or even last the full 12 with.
Fight would be crazy! one sided, thats about it.

Floyd really aint got nothing else to prove... Make the majority of his fights look easy.. with an undefeated record

I would say he needs to retire.. But its TOO much money to get

91a356f89391c5d34150465adaef455a7b855a3.gif
gets funnier every time.
laugh.gif

Looking like an old Looney Tunes cartoon: "Which way did he go? Which way did he go?".

Here's a pretty good replay of the knockdown shots:

Another great money fight for Floyd. This guy is one of the smartest businessmen in the sport. He takes the safest fights which make the most money. Hattonisn't a welterweight, but he brought a whole nation with him. He fought Oscar past his prime, Gatti way past his prime, Baldomir for his title.....Onefighter he never wanted was Mosley. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his next fight now that he's past his prime. Paul Williams or Margaritowouldn't generate much interest from non boxing fans, and I don't think he wants to fight Cotto right now. I think Oscar Cotto might happen and Floydfights the winner. Williams and Margarito should rematch.

if you hated him before you really hate him NOW.

If anything he was helping out Hatton and Ill say it The the brittish/whites were rooting for him to tko this flashy bigmouth kid from america....hahahahaha itdidn't happen.

One more thing, althought I won't go as far to say Floyd ducks opponents, he's a modern day Roy Jones to me (picks opponents who don't pose a bigthreat). Ask yourself who are the top 5 true welterweights over the past couple years and how many of them have Floyd fought (Oscar isn't a true weltereither)? You could make a case for these fighters....
1. Floyd
2. Cotto
3. Williams
4. Margarito
5. Mosley
6. Cintron?

And for the guy who said Cotto didn't want Floyd a few years ago, good for him. Cotto wouldn't have made any money even 2 years ago, now he'd makea killing

Two of the three official judges had it 89-81, Floyd, and the other had it 88-82.

Lederman had Floyd up by only a couple points.
eyes.gif

Two of the three official judges had it 89-81, Floyd, and the other had it 88-82.

Lederman had Floyd up by only a couple points
Thanks KLJ...How in the hell did Lederman only have Floyd up a couple of points??? Hatton couldn't land anything. Although I can see how theperson who is the aggressor might look like they are winning.

You got to give it to Floyd, I mean dude plays the bad guy almost too well. Then after the fight this guy comes out respectful and humble!

I have a lot of respect for PBF now, he is truly a classy guy. Although I wanted Hatton to win, Floyd put those thangs on him. I mean I don't thinkI've ever seen Floyd look that good.

For those people saying about the booing of the national anthem I agree it was poor taste but it wasnt every Brit dont class everybody the same saying youwanted to kick a Brits%*!% is dumb man its not about Brits/Americans or whites/blacks race country nothing its about 2 fighters 2 boxers small minded remarksarnt needed.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by gmoney771981

One more thing, althought I won't go as far to say Floyd ducks opponents, he's a modern day Roy Jones to me (picks opponents who don't pose a big threat). Ask yourself who are the top 5 true welterweights over the past couple years and how many of them have Floyd fought (Oscar isn't a true welter either)?

PBF is NOT a modern day Roy Jones ....

Roy Jones never won Titles in 5 weight classes .... everyone fails to realize the accomplishments of Floyd Mayweather Jr. ... a case could be made that He isnot even a true welterweight as he started winning titles at 130lbs ... JR lightweight .....then moved up to each division and DOMINATED each class winning thebest belt (WBC), then moving up again ....

He went all the way up to 154 to fight oscar ... 24 lbs over where he started at 21 years old ....

Deez 122--- I don't think I've ever seen Floyd look that good.

You should watch some of earlier fights ... Floyd hasn't looked that good in AWHILE , but when he fought at 130 , 135 , & 140 , he puts dudes out onthe regular ...

I guess because Floyd talks alot in front of the camera makes everyone hate in the dude , but PBF is one of the greatest to ever do it ....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

i jus hope PBF goes back into retirement he has nothing to prove
eyes.gif
That was too ugly of a fight to be his last Amo, we gotta start talking about Fight of the Year and Fighter of the Year

Originally Posted by haiti5

^pretty much people talkin like cotto is that dude
laugh.gif
he is nice but no way is he ready or have the physical gifts to beat PBF. he beat a 36 yr old sugar shane...WOW!
And from what some of my peeps who went to that one said, Sugar got jerked.

Ugly but impressive win for Money Mayweather.

Floyd waited until Hatton started to crumble and then blinded him with science
smokin.gif

Pretty much dominated the fight. You could just see PBF lure Hatton into abandoning his gameplan.

And from what some of my peeps who went to that one said, Sugar got jerked.
Your peeps must got bad eyesight. Cotto out classed and outboxed Sugar, Sugar Shane said he didnt win and couldnt win, Cotto was a betterboxer then him.

There is no way shane won that fight that night.

Leonard Ellerbe and Roger Mayweather get some props to cause the last 3 fights by Floyd they have made a game plan and have had floyd stick to it and it workprefect.

Miguel Cotto is official tissue. He out boxed sugar shane. No way in hell was Shane going to win that fight. Floyd is the best boxer in the world right now.Cotto would give him a good fight but Floyd is simply a genius at what he does and is the hardest worker at what he does.

through 6 rounds HBO had hatton up 1 point and UK announcers had mayweather up 1 point

Was Hatton really a worthy opponent?

I like how all the hate for Mayweather alters the logic way of thinking. Who ever even thought Hatton would give him a good fight was terribly mistaken andshould never watch or talk about the sport of boxing again.

Back
Top Bottom