2009 MIKE VICK PREDICTIONS?

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

He'll play for sure in 2010.

But as far as this year he'll probably serve a suspension because Goodell is a +!$*$.
He been playing football in jail though so he shouldn't be out of football that badly.
What the +#!* do you guys think the NFL is?
Oh, he's fine.
Come on he lifted weights and he played pick-up football with some convicts.

Get real.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Seriously the only guys I would take before him would Brady,Manning,McNabb,Brees,Warner,Roesthliberger,Cutler,Ryan,Palmer,Eli Manning and Rivers.

Seriously right now even coming out of prison he's in the top half of the leauge in terms of quarterbacks.

Oh word?
So a player who wasn't that particularly good before(but had amazing athletic skills for his position), is going to take 2 years off, be out of NFL shape,come back and automatically be a better qb than half of the league?

Oh wait, I forgot, he lifted weights and played pick-up football

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

like i said.........

you cant teach speed!

you cant teach power in throwing!

you can teach accuracy! (ask Peyton Mannnig)

with that being said I will take Vick over any QB that played for the Bears, Lions, 49ers, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks this year

Seahawks? Matt Hasselback is MUCH better than Vick ever was even during his best season. His WR were just hurt these year. Your opinion is null and void afterthat comment.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

like i said.........

you cant teach speed!

with that being said I will take Vick over any QB that played for the Bears, Lions, 49ers, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks this year

indifferent.gif

you can teach accuracy???? ask Peyton Manning? Last time I check, Peyton has been one of the most accurate passers in the history of the game.

You can't teach accuracy. What type of nonsense is that? Yes, you can teach footwork and throwing mechanics, but no you can't teach someone how to bemore accurate. Plus we aren't talking about some young QB. Vick was an established QB.

like i said.........

you cant teach speed!

roll.gif
roll.gif
Ol boy Vick couldnt learn to be accurate before he went to jail... the hellmakes you think this guy is gonna be on some apprentice trip when he gets out of the can

Cant teach Power in throwing!!!!1111111oneoneon
roll.gif

Seriously the only guys I would take before him would Brady,Manning,McNabb,Brees,Warner,Roesthliberger,Cutler,Ryan,Palmer,Eli Manning and Rivers.

Seriously right now even coming out of prison he's in the top half of the leauge in terms of quarterbacks.
indifferent.gif

Im bookmarking this thread for when dude comes back and figures out that all he can really do is run around like hes in madden 2005

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Seahawks? Matt Hasselback is MUCH better than Vick ever was even during his best season. His WR were just hurt these year. Your opinion is null and void after that comment.

Matt Hasselback was boo-boo this year

He played in 7 games
Threw for 5 touchdowns and 10 interceptions
sick.gif

With a QB rating of 57.8

You cant blame that all of his recievers. Vick had some bad recievers in 2002 and he never put up number like that

Y'all are straight hating. I'll give all those guys(Brady,Manning,Brees etc) I said before you can take before Vick. But Hasselback and ShaunHill
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Who will pick him up? How will he manage?

I know someone will pick him up and I honestly think after a couple games of bad rust Vick will emerge and be right back at it. If you think about Vick is all natural talent. He isn't you Peyton Manning where he's been taught how to be a great passing quarterback.

That's the point.

Peyton is clearly centuries ahead of Vick at his peak.

PhilBalla09 wrote:
laugh.gif
at some of these peeps......Matt helped lead his team to a superbowl, something Vick has never done
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

2004-05 season Vick lead his team to the NFC championship where they lost to the Eagles and they went on to play the Pats in the superbowl and got killed!

Matt Ryan hasnt played in a NFC championship game let alone get past the 1st round

Plus Vick beat the Packers in the playoffs at Green Bay!.......backwhen the falcons was playing on astro turf
sick.gif

eligibility - he should be allowed to play, he served his jail term without a peep, there's nothing else to punish him for.

condition - he will be in decent enough shape to get a few try-outs

ability - I don't see him having enough ability left to play. I envision a few games and then he will get cut. He may stay on a roster for the wholeseason, but I don't see a sustainable comeback happening.

Seahawks? Matt Hasselback is MUCH better than Vick ever was even during his best season. His WR were just hurt these year. Your opinion is null and void after that comment.

He played in 7 games
sick.gif

With a QB rating of 57.8

You cant blame that all of his recievers. Vick had some bad recievers in 2002 and he never put up number like that

Y'all are straight hating. I'll give all those guys(Brady,Manning,Brees etc) I said before you can take before Vick. But Hasselback and Shaun Hill
sick.gif
Hasselback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vick

Do you realize he played hurt the entire year with practice squad scrub WRs?

PhilBalla09 wrote:
laugh.gif
at some of these peeps......Matt helped lead his team to a superbowl, something Vick has never done
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

2004-05 season Vick lead his team to the NFC championship where they lost to the Eagles and they went on to play the Pats in the superbowl and got killed!

Matt Ryan hasnt played in a NFC championship game let alone get past the 1st round

Plus Vick beat the Packers in the playoffs at Green Bay!.......backwhen the falcons was playing on astro turf
sick.gif

1. Eagles lost by three points.
2. Matt Ryan is a rookie. Should I evaluate Vick's career on his rookie season?
3. Everybody has beat the Packers in the playoffs at Lambo now.

He played in 7 games
sick.gif

With a QB rating of 57.8

Y'all are straight hating. I'll give all those guys(Brady,Manning,Brees etc) I said before you can take before Vick. But Hasselback and Shaun Hill
sick.gif
Hasselbeck was hurt all year, smart guy... Wasn't even healthy when he tried to come back mid-season...

Bad running game + No receivers + Sub-par offensive line + Knee and Back injuries = Bad situation

Why in the hell did dude bring up Matt Ryan?
roll.gif
...and everyone knowshasselbeck was hurt and surrounded by doo doo...it was deeper than just WR's...i swear yall remember Mike being way better than he really was

lulz at this thread....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my input: let him be on the 49ers or at least let him play a role on special teams as a returner.

indifferent.gif

sick.gif

you just brung up Matt Ryan....Mike Vick didn't play most of his rookie year until the final few games of the 2001-02 season.
laugh.gif

hugebird:
I used to hate Vick, but I want to see him succeed only because I want to see how pissed off the people are who have an irrational level of hate toward him.
+1

Except I never used to hate him. Didn't really like him, but didn't hate him.

Other than that, I feel exactly the same way you do.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He played in 7 games
sick.gif

With a QB rating of 57.8

sick.gif
Hasselbeck was hurt all year, smart guy... Wasn't even healthy when he tried to come back mid-season...

Bad running game + No receivers + Sub-par offensive line + Knee and Back injuries = Bad situation

Hmmm let me see the 2002 Atlanta Falcons recievers were

Brian Finneran
Shawn Jefferson
Trevor Gaylor
Willie Jackson
Quentin McCord
with
Alge Crumpler at TE

The 2008 Seattle Seahawks receievers were

Bobby Engram
Koren Robinson
Deion Branch (8 games)
Keary Colbert
with
John Carlson at TE

I would take Seattle's receiving corp over Atlanta's.

I dont care what you say Hasselback's numbers this past year were HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

1216 passing yards 52 percent completion pct 5tds and 10 ints
eek.gif
and a QBrating of 57.8
sick.gif

He played in 7 games
sick.gif

With a QB rating of 57.8

sick.gif

Brian Finneran
Shawn Jefferson
Trevor Gaylor
Willie Jackson
Quentin McCord
with
Alge Crumpler at TE

Bobby Engram
Koren Robinson
Deion Branch (8 games)
Keary Colbert
with
John Carlson at TE

I dont care what you say Hasselback's numbers this past year were HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

eek.gif
and a QB rating of 57.8
sick.gif
Okay so he had 1 bad year working with concussion or back problems. I can't exactly remember. Let's take Vicks best 5 years and comparethem to Matt's 5 best years. Matt ANNIHILATES him in consistency. And he wanted a better WR core. Maybe take a paycut like other players choose to do inorder to better their teams. Take for example Fitzgerald, he's willing to take a cut to keep Boldin.

But in all honesty, you can't compare Matt to Vick. Vick isn't the passer Matt is in terms of consistency. So what he can throw far if no WR canactually catch it because it's an uncatchable ball.

He played in 7 games
sick.gif

With a QB rating of 57.8

sick.gif

Brian Finneran
Shawn Jefferson
Trevor Gaylor
Willie Jackson
Quentin McCord
with
Alge Crumpler at TE

Bobby Engram
Koren Robinson
Deion Branch (8 games)
Keary Colbert
with
John Carlson at TE

eek.gif
and a QB rating of 57.8
sick.gif
Okay so he had 1 bad year working with concussion or back problems. I can't exactly remember. Let's take Vicks best 5 years and compare them to Matt's 5 best years. Matt ANNIHILATES him in consistency. And he wanted a better WR core. Maybe take a paycut like other players choose to do in order to better their teams. Take for example Fitzgerald, he's willing to take a cut to keep Boldin.

But in all honesty, you can't compare Matt to Vick. Vick isn't the passer Matt is in terms of consistency. So what he can throw far if no WR can actually catch it because it's an uncatchable ball.

Hasselback has been good but he isnt anymore. Hasselback isnt getting any younger,dont be surpised if the Seahawks draft a QB in the firstround this year.

Again you are underestimating Vick's playmaking ability I didnt say he's the greatest passer ever but in terms of playmaking he was one the very bestin the NFL when he was playing. With that said Vick with have to become a better passer in the next few years because his athleticism will probably be elitefor only a few more years.

Back
Top Bottom