2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

There's talk that Clemson WR Nuke Hopkins will declare for the draft as well as Shariff Floyd, Jordan Reed & Matt Elam from Florida

Last edited:
I doubt there's going to be many QB's going in the first 10 like projected. Alex Smith will be traded, plus Romo might go too. 

maybe 1 in the top 10

Romo won't be traded this year because it is a terrible draft for QBs.

After next year, maybe.

its funny to see CP post because living here in miami for the past 20+ years ive run into countless fans

who all seem to be more equipped to run a football franchise than the actual management and personnel 

they've put in place.

NOTHING will change until they clean house , all these dolphin fans i meet and their "6 picks in the to 96 "

small talk down here 

its not a great season for players but its theres a GREAT market for coaches gm's and coordinators this year

and thats where i would be looking to load up.

The overall class may not be sexy, but there are strong positions in this draft. DE, WR, and Safety are those positions. We could use all 3 of those. No Calvin's or Sean Taylor's or anyone like that, but lot of depth at all 3 spots and enough to upgrade our roster.

Even with an idiot drafting for us. :lol:

Okay....so in you guys opinion is the guy going to be a legit #1 corner in this league and worthy of a top 10 draft pick? Because I don't really see anything special about him. Looks solid, but not spectacular.

Robert Woods declared, I didn't see if anyone posted it.

And please God let Jordan Reed declare, I hope Dre is right.

In regards to Milliner, Dre Kirk didn't touch the field much for Cincy this year did he? Was that injury related, or they takin their time developing him? Anyways, he was much more highly thought of than Milliner and he went 17th, so I don't think he would break that, even if it's a "weaker" draft class.

Houston needs a legit number 2 WR, maybe even someone to learn behind Dre and eventually take over the Raines, Dre prob has 2-3 years left of high productivity.

Another TE for depth.

Nickel DB help and depth.

And some youth into that MLB spot behind Cush to learn and someone that can cover.

I love graham but he isn't a traditional FB, we need a bruiser.

Robert Woods declared, I didn't see if anyone posted it.
And please God let Jordan Reed declare, I hope Dre is right.
In regards to Milliner, Dre Kirk didn't touch the field much for Cincy this year did he? Was that injury related, or they takin their time developing him? Anyways, he was much more highly thought of than Milliner and he went 17th, so I don't think he would break that, even if it's a "weaker" draft class.

I can tell you this much, Reem Jackson looked absolutely atrocious his rookie year :x dude was constantly getting beat and caught out of position, it was tough to watch. Finally now in his 3rd year he's looking alot better. He still has his moments but he's still young. Will he ever be an elite Shutdown corner? I don't think so, but yes a number 1.

Ziggy Ansah is going to rise faster than any player in this draft come combine time.

Ziggy Ansah is going to rise faster than any player in this draft come combine time.

I've seen some scouts raving about him for a while, top 15ish type talk. But if I remember correctly, during his bowl game I saw some mention that he wasn't as strong as they hoped, and he was feeding off lesser talents, and in the NFL would not hold up. Not sure who it was I was reading that from, Twitter gets kind of hectic when games are ongoing. :lol:

But agree with your point, if he does well at the combine, he could erase any of those questions and be on the rise.

Okay....so in you guys opinion is the guy going to be a legit #1 corner in this league and worthy of a top 10 draft pick? Because I don't really see anything special about him. Looks solid, but not spectacular.

He's not top 10 worthy, he's not a game changer. Just wanted to link some film for everyone to see, these individual vids are dope. If I'm drafting a CB top 10 I need to see something elite. Type of CB that can turn picks into points or some sort of elite trait.

Romo won't be traded this year because it is a terrible draft for QBs.
After next year, maybe.

Pro brought up something interesting....would Jerry Jones dump Romo if Ryan Mallett was made available by the Pats?

Like the other dude said tho, would you rather have Mallet, or Tyler Wilson?

To me, I rather just draft Wilson than deal with the Patriots for Mallet, someone they don't need and will dangle as just another way to take someone's draft picks off them. If Jera has a hard on for Arky guys, I rather roll my dice with Wilson.

I would love to see Romo as a free agent tho, would love to see who would come callin. Romo in KC? :nerd: Use the #1 on another position of need?

That would be dumb, I think, unless he would willingly want to risk taking 2 or 3 steps back. Only way I think Cowboys should dump Romo is if they know for sure they can sign a bona fide stud at Q, rather than gamble and hope one of these backups or draft picks pan out.

Last edited:
Romo in Arizona would be a good look as well.

I don't know. Romo is in a weird spot. His play on Sunday didn't help his cause, and neither does his 1-6 record in elimination games. He's also up for a contract extension that obviously hasn't been given to him.

That being sadi, you just never know w/ Jerry. COuld have a total knee-jerk reaction and deal Romo w/o having some sort of a contingency plan (other than Wilson/Mallett) to replace him.

Romo has played behind garbage offensive lines with terrible/inconsistent ground support his entire career... He's got his flaws but if he were made available he'd have another job in about 10 minutes.

And at what point can we dead all the garbage about Jerry's hard-on for Razorbacks? They've drafted like one guy from Arkansas in 20 years... Ryan Mallett is not an upgrade over Romo. No way, no how.

Back
Top Bottom