2014 NBA Draft Thread

Meh, comparing a player to someone and actually saying that that's whom they'll be in the league isn't close to being the same thing.

If anyone watched him in college this past year, the Steph Curry comparison is pretty obvious. He plays a lot like steph did, especially when steph was at davidson, just far less prolific.

It's hard to determine whether or not he'll actually live up to that comparison on the next level. Far too many variables such as Playing time, ball usage, how the kings will use him offensively, etc. to flat out say he'll be steph curry on the next level. However, he proved that he has those kind of skills in his arsenal, and he's much bigger. We'll see how he pans out, Sacramento was already my league pass team this past season, and they'll definitely be it this season. I'm a fan of Nik Stauskas. I believe in him a lot.
STEPH at davidson and NIK at Michigan is not even close in comparison. STOP IT. NIK didnt see no where as much double teams as STEPH did. U talking none sense. STEPH was a full time scoring pg. The blasphemy im hearing in this tread about NIK is crazy. straight jacket thoughts

Yeah I'm not sure how the Curry/Stauskis comparison was obvious. Steph was a wizard with the ball even at Davidson facing defenses completely geared to shut him down. Stauskis did improve his ball skills but he's nowhere near the point guard Steph was/is. They had completely different roles in college and will have completely different roles in the NBA. Comparison doesn't sync

Dog relax on the kid lmao he has that expression for most of the pics i saw of him at ucla and hs. No different from most kids his age "too cool to smile" attitude

NT swears they know everything about a person they never even met :lol:

I said nothing that came across as I know him personally.

View media item 1052177
New OKC Thunder draftee Josh Whoisdis and his girlfriend enjoy dinner at OKC staple, Toby Keith's Bar and Grill

How good is Josh Huestis? Lazy comparison since I never seen him play was Landry Fields lol

I was so disappointed that the Thunder didn't go with Hood or that they didn't take a chance on Hairston

Last edited:
Nah, it's off his twitter. I have never been, but they're building one down here in Lawton so maybe I'll just wait. I went to Bricktown Brewery yesterday though. Was just aite

Josh Selby suffered from the 2 guard trapped in a point guard's body disease that many have suffered from. A bad attitude didn't help.

Damn shame |I son is nice as hell too those drew league showdowns were things of legend

I was really hoping he could get some minutes in the league , somebody woulda got cooked I'm sure of it

It's Brandon Jennings. It's the Drew League.

I mean, if your career highlight is giving Brandon Jennings work in the Drew League then you can figure out why you're in the position you're in.

It's Brandon Jennings. It's the Drew League.

I mean, if your career highlight is giving Brandon Jennings work in the Drew League then you can figure out why you're in the position you're in.

Ehh u got a point but it's not always so simple there's a lotta timing and opportunities involved in who makes it and who doesn't or did we forget about linsanity already.

Regardless son is nice imo , there's just a plethora of NBA guards to choose from so a few good ones may slip thru the cracks doesn't mean he isn't good.

The problem with Selby is that he has the skill set and body of a dime a dozen type player in the NBA. Of course he is "good" but he really didn't possess anything exceptional enough to stick.

KU and Phog Allen registered on on the richter scale when Josh Selby returned from suspension for his first ever home game. :lol:

Last edited:
The problem with Selby is that he has the skill set and body of a dime a dozen type player in the NBA. Of course he is "good" but he really didn't possess anything exceptional enough to stick.

No arguments there I just thought u were kinda dismissive with the drew league highlight comment, son can ball point blank.

That's why I hoped he would get minutes the league is so guard heavy right now you damn near gotta be legendary to get noticed :smh:

**** it he can take George hill spot :lol: I bet he could get the ball up court :lol:

Closest Diaw comparison I can think of is a healthy Lamar Odom off the top of my head.

Big guys who can create , pass, rebound, dribble, defend, and knock down a few open shots.
Basketball IQ with Odom was lacking vs. Diaw in my opinion. Other than that, similar skillset. 

Back
Top Bottom