2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the so-called traveling Cavs fans will appear in your arena and all the road Heat fans will vanish....

that's whats really disgusting about this whole thing

Im just glad bandwagon fans like outta control and belle havent returned

But i bet that will chsnge come regular season time

Love can sign an extension right now if he wanted to, but it doesn't make sense to. He stands to make more money as a free agent and re-signing with the Cavs.

I thought I read somewhere he's not eligible to until January....

Either way we are in agreement he's not signing anything until after the season.

Love wasnt extending no matter where he went. 

I also am curious as to whats gonna happen when LeBrons elite hyper athleticism leaves and he becomes better suited to play 4. That was why I liked the idea of keeping Wiggins but whatever.

Love can sign an extension right now if he wanted to, but it doesn't make sense to. He stands to make more money as a free agent and re-signing with the Cavs.

I thought I read somewhere he's not eligible to until January....

Either way we are in agreement he's not signing anything until after the season.
Hmm that doesn't make sense because Tony Parker just signed his extension the other week. Not that it really matters because like you said, he's not signing anything until next July.

in my opinion, i think wiggins wouldve thrived being "3rd/4th" guy with lebron
him in minny where he is basically gonna be "the guy" from day one might be a blessing as well. gonna be able to play his gm and make mistakes along the way. no pressure to win ball gms, just develop.
wishing the best for the kid

I'm interested in seeing what defensive scheme the Cavs run... I think they are just going to revert back to a Mike Brown redux team (while Bron says he doesn't like carrying too much of a load, that's what gets him those MVP trophies)

Kyrie= 10x more talented Mo Williams

Waiters= the not passive/timid Anthony Parker

KLove= infinitely better rebounding/passing version of Donyell Marshall

If a young Bron can take the 07 team to the finals, this season should be a cakewalk... and they will put up a better fight against the Spurs

I'm really just surprised the cavs didnt wait until next summer and keep wiggins and sign love outright..

I'm interested in seeing what defensive scheme the Cavs run... I think they are just going to revert back to a Mike Brown redux team (while Bron says he doesn't like carrying too much of a load, that's what gets him those MVP trophies)

Kyrie= 10x more talented Mo Williams
Waiters= the not passive/timid Anthony Parker
KLove= infinitely better rebounding/passing version of Donyell Marshall

If a young Bron can take the 07 team to the finals, this season should be a cakewalk... and they will put up a better fight against the Spurs

Wait.... What??? :rofl:

Last edited:
For as much flack as that dummy Mike Brown got, he should get some praise for turning the Cavs from a bottom five defensive team the previous three years into a mediocre, middle of the pack team.

Also you can't win a chip without protecting the rim.

So unless Tristan Thompson goes back to being the Texas Tristan, who was an elite defensive player at the center of Rick Barnes scheme, the Cavs still have problems.

He's a teenager.

Everyone doesn't come into the NBA built like a cyborg. 

At the end of the day...his weight won't make or break his career.

Considering he's relying mostly on his athleticism not his skills, yeah his weight is a big deal. He can't post up, he can't finish inside, he can't overpower anyone, he's going to get overwhelmed on defense by the average 3. Quite a problem if a non-shooter can't finish in traffic OR defend.

Is he probably going to bulk up? Yeah, I guess. But if he still looks the same as he did at Kansas (almost half a year later), he's at least a season and a summer away from gaining good weight.

All I'm saying is that superstar talk needs to chill until he develops more. He's a long way from being that kind of player. Skill wise (shooting, ball handling, finishing inside), body wise (skinny as a rail, can't play through contact) and BBIQ wise (barely had any assists in SL and takes dumb shots on offense). He can get there but he has a lot of work to do. More than the average number 1 pick.

Chances are Verejao isn't staying healthy all year. They need another C unless Tristan can start there.
Would you all say kevin love is injury prone or no?
No.
He's been pretty durable.. just don't let him do knuckle pushups in Cleveland and you're good.
I'm really just surprised the cavs didnt wait until next summer and keep wiggins and sign love outright..
Guess they thought it was too much of a gamble to let him test FA. Plus with Bron only having a 2 year deal they wanted to win right now.. not that they wouldn't have been contenders anyways without Love, but he helps them a great deal.

Also you can't win a chip without protecting the rim.

So unless Tristan Thompson goes back to being the Texas Tristan, who was an elite defensive player at the center of Rick Barnes scheme, the Cavs still have problems.

Reports are saying Tristan actually grew an additional 2 inches over the summer (making him 6'11 opposed to 6'9) - I think that's going to give him some benefit going forward.

The Cavs have so many things they can potentially do on offense. You can put Kyrie, Lebron, and Love each in so many different spots and situations.

I hope the rumors about Blatt/Mark Jackson are false. Blatt seems like the guy who can cook up some nice schemes based on what I read; it may just take time.

Last edited:
Andrew Wiggins has to make the transition from being mid post attacking small ball 4 he was in high school, to a 3 point line extend, primary ball handler.

He has to do this on a team with a very ball dominant PG in Rubio, A guy with delusions of being a PG in Zach Lavine, high volume wing players non passers in Kevin Martin and Shbazz Muhammed and a coach in Flip Saunders who is going to try and win now rather than develop young talent.

I hate this for Wiggins, and I think this trade just destroyed my chances at a 2020 olympic gold medal game.

:smh:

I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're making it out to be, Osh. Kevin Martin may not even be on the squad next year and why jump straight to Shabazz as opposed to Pekovic? Pek can pass pretty well. They have their rim protector in Dieng, who can also score and rebound in the double digits on a nightly basis.

@KBergCBS: The NBA has suspended Raymond Felton four games for pleading guilty to weapons charges in New York. Suspension begins with '14-'15 opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom