2015 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: GB loses Div Rd, MIN loses WC Rd, DET/CHI N/A

Detroit Lions players/coaches reacting to the loss:

Coach Jim Caldwell: "Tough one to lose. Those are the kind that eat at you a little bit and just tough. Obviously, it's just what you'd anticipate, a quiet locker room where our guys are upset because they gave so much of themselves in this game. The preparation for this week was excellent, and I thought they fought hard in the ball game even under some extreme circumstances. But we just didn't make enough plays at the end. They made one more play, and that's the way it is, it's never over in this league."

Defensive end Devin Taylor: "I'm just at a loss for words. It's tough to get beat on a Hail Mary on the last play of the game, end of regulation."

Quarterback Matthew Stafford: "I kind of peaked and saw the Jumbotron, and it looked like he was in pretty good position to make a catch, so I saw it at the very end.

"I felt pretty good when they had the ball on the 20-yard line with 6 seconds left."

Running back Ameer Abdullah: "I've been on the side of winning on a Hail Mary. Michigan State, Northwestern, I've been on the better side of that. So to be on the other side, it sucks. Especially when you feel like you played well, like you did enough to win. But I guess tonight was just in their favor, so you've got to give Green Bay a lot of props. They came out in the second half, did a good job not quitting and came out with the win.

"When they were awarded the extra play, it kind of hit me. I was like, 'Really?' I know how the Hail Mary stuff goes. Nowadays, it's more probable that they catch it than it gets batted down. It's happened so much around the league and in college football."

Wide receiver Golden Tate: "Man, I'm still in shock. I really don't know how to feel about what just happened. That's crazy, but it just shows that the game is not over until there are zero seconds on the clock. And sometimes even then, it's not over. So it's tough to swallow, but we played a good game. We played a good game. Just one play."

Cornerback Darius Slay: "All I saw was the dude catching the ball. Limited words, I don't know what to say. I'm just in shock mode. It is what it is.

"We weren't in the position to defend that. If we were, we would have made the play."

Safety Glover Quin: "I'm having a hard time finding words, too.

"Looked like the D-line had him, and then he broke out and you saw him wind up and throw it as far and as high as he could. It gave his guys time to get down there and the ball's up in the air, guys went up and they came downward."

View media item 1814147
View media item 1814148
View media item 1814149
View media item 1814150
View media item 1814151
View media item 1814152
View media item 1814153
View media item 1814154
View media item 1814155
View media item 1814156
:smokin

Last edited:
The morning after your team wins is :pimp: makes your day 10x better

GG tho lions fans, y'all outplayed us for... 60 minutes.. but we still pulled out that W :lol:

That gets called a facemask 100 times out of 100.  Hand hits the facemask, Rodgers head turns with it, hes ducking away from the 2nd defender whos about to pummel him in the face and in doing so looks like the facemask is being tugged more... He gets up and his chin strap is over his nose...  If you don't think that's getting called every time you're insane.  Refs don't have slow-mo vision...

Anywayssssssss... Hopefully that was a spark that can get these bums playing better down the stretch... Even last night they didn't play well... Lucky TD on the fumble and a Hail Mary accounted for half of the scoring.

Its nice to be on the right side of that outcome for once.

Green Bay comes of pretty good regardless of the Minnesota-Minnesota game. Either back in first or 3 games up on Seattle with 4 to play in the wild card

Man I got nothing to say about today's game. Losing Smith and Barr after the first series was big but man... that was pitiful.

Green Bay comes of pretty good regardless of the Minnesota-Minnesota game. Either back in first or 3 games up on Seattle with 4 to play in the wild card
we could've been so much better though, don't know what the **** been going on this past month and change :smh:

Vikings will be down four defensive starters Thursday night

Posted by Josh Alper on December 9, 2015, 2:27 PM EST

The Vikings defense had no success stopping the Seahawks offense last Sunday as their effort to stand strong without four of their starters fell flat.

They’ll need to do a better job against the Cardinals on Thursday to get a better result, but they’ll have to do it without those four starters. The Vikings announced Wednesday that defensive tackle Linval Joseph, linebacker Anthony Barr and starting safeties Harrison Smith and Andrew Sendejo will all miss the game.

Joseph, who has a foot injury, and Sendejo, who has a knee injury, were both ruled out before last Sunday’s game. Barr, who is battling a groin issue, and Smith, who hurt his knee, were both listed as questionable with those injuries before departing the game for good in the first half.

Linebacker Brandon Watts has also been ruled out due to a rib injury and safety Robert Blanton is questionable after returning to practice Wednesday. If Blanton’s knee isn’t well enough for him to play, the team may have to lean heavily on Shaun Prater and Anthony Harris in the secondary because Antone Exum was placed on injured reserve this week.

:smh:

Last edited:
The Vikings are starting:

- Edmond Robinson in their 4-3 base defense (2015 seventh-round pick out of Newberry College)
- Anthony Harris at safety (2015 undrafted out of Virginia)
- 37-year-old Terence Newman out of position, he'll move from CB and start at safety
- Trae Waynes at CB, who has played 13.4% of Minnesota's defensive snaps this season

View media item 1822873

Ill never understand running a play w only 13 secs left & no timeouts left. Outcoached yet again :smh:

Ill never understand running a play w only 13 secs left & no timeouts left. Outcoached yet again :smh:

I wont say outcoached, but Matt Kalil has to do his job blocking. With 13 seconds left, you got time for another play. catch and get out of bounds or just throw it out of bounds. Dwight Freeney just made a great play also

Surprised Pernell McPhee is playing through his nagging knee injury ... that's how **** gets bad, through compensating/overworking other muscles and tendons. Barr and Harrison Smith sat out practice today for Minnesota. Linval Joseph and Everson Griffen were limited.

Harrison & Barr out
mean.gif
2 of our best/most important players 
mean.gif

Minnesota can clinch a playoff berth with:

1) MIN win + TB loss or tie + WAS loss or tie + ATL loss or tie
2) MIN win + TB loss or tie + WAS loss or tie + SEA loss or tie
3) MIN win + TB loss or tie + NYG loss or tie + ATL loss or tie
4) MIN win + TB loss or tie + NYG loss or tie + SEA loss or tie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom