2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ and Cam aren't the same. Cam danced and had no problem showing out when they were winning. The second they lost he went ghost. BAN.
Ypu expected him to dance and show out after a defeat?
Plus losing the SB is much different from losing a first round series.

You'd actually have to be on the court info the first place for that to happen.
laugh.gif
 what?   Is playing pickup ball some super-exclusive club now?

Last edited:
Yup. Russ is lazy on his defense. Harden just stands around on defense. Steph hides on defense. Lebron chills on defense til it's a certain time. KD's defense has been better this year. Kawhi really the only top player that consistently goes hard on both ends.

And who out of these guys has by far the most responsibility on offense?

Yup. Russ is lazy on his defense. Harden just stands around on defense. Steph hides on defense. Lebron chills on defense til it's a certain time. KD's defense has been better this year. Kawhi really the only top player that consistently goes hard on both ends.
LeBron's D was great when he was on Miami, though.  Also KD has been pretty lockdown this year.

Personally I got no problem with how Russ handled himself in defeat and I can't stand him.
Same. People just have a different level of competitiveness. I literally wanted to fistfight people from the other team after losing bball games in middle school. I can see how others cool down quicker after an L and are willing to congregate with the other team. I can see the flipside of that coin also. Just different personalities man.

Ypu expected him to dance and show out after a defeat?
Plus losing the SB is much different from losing a first round series.

I expect him to face questions after the loss. Not walk off like a BAN would. Russ faced the media after the game last night. He's been the same guy throughout the season. Cam had no problem talking to the media before that SB 50 loss.

Russ has been lazy on D for years and he had Kd on his Team. Stop with the he's stopped playing D only this year narrative.

Russ has been lazy on D for years and he had Kd on his Team. Stop with the he's stopped playing D only this year narrative.

Wrong. He gave more effort on that end and took more risks, not always making the smartest play though. Y'all just make up stuff on the regular.

russ was bad on defense even when kd was there. also kd's defense was pretty good last year while he was on okc, especially in the playoffs.

KD was also pretty lockdown last year. Again less responsibility though
your big bro been a very underrated defender for awhile now.

^^ yup. People acting like Russ was a good or decent defender before Kd left.. That's just nonsense. He's never been good at D. People look at him and thinks he plays D.

Last edited:
If Russ didn't let Pat Beverly light him up he probably wouldn't have to score 40+ points a night to win

I love Russ not just because of his unique playing style but also because of his imperfections. You can see his flaws and warts on full display at the same exact time you see what makes him so special.

It's okay if we have a few polarizing solo acts in the nba, its one of my favorite things to watch - I'm a warriors fan and I love watching team ball but I also admire the hell out of Russ or prime AI because I can't take my eyes off them. Not everything with basketball should be about efficiency or analyzing true shooting percentage blah blah blah - I'm here to be entertained man and for 80+ games Russ did that and if that came at the cost of developing ******* Oladipo (he's trash) or Steve Adams then so be it man.

I also think we can't forget the fact that OKC literally had a top 2-3 player in the world just walk away for nothing, how can we expect much more than 47 wins and a first round loss? They're starting SG literally is a 40% ft shooter and is scared to dribble. Max player Kanter can't guard a pick and roll if his life depended on it. They have close to zero good 3pt shooters(Russ included), a disastrous recipe for 2017 ball.

Think if you took Lebron off the Cavs or Kawai off the Spurs - we'd see a lot of major flaws on both those rosters exposed.

I've always defended Russ and I always will - he ain't perfect and neither are you

KD was rated properly before the latter half of last season. Which coincided with Russ' increased role on offense and the decline of Ibaka so it was necessary for him to step up on that end. And he's taken it up even further with all the talent on GS.

Russ did gamble too much even before, but he's definitely taken the decision to try less on D this year than ever before (probably because of usage, yeah).

Part of the reason he hasn't been criticized before is probably because he was seen as a future defensive stopper coming out of college.  The tools for it are obviously there.

I love Russ not just because of his unique playing style but also because of his imperfections. You can see his flaws and warts on full display at the same exact time you see what makes him so special.

It's okay if we have a few polarizing solo acts in the nba, its one of my favorite things to watch - I'm a warriors fan and I love watching team ball but I also admire the hell out of Russ or prime AI because I can't take my eyes off them. Not everything with basketball should be about efficiency or analyzing true shooting percentage blah blah blah - I'm here to be entertained man and for 80+ games Russ did that and if that came at the cost of developing ******* Oladipo (he's trash) or Steve Adams then so be it man.

I also think we can't forget the fact that OKC literally had a top 2-3 player in the world just walk away for nothing, how can we expect much more than 47 wins and a first round loss? They're starting SG literally is a 40% ft shooter and is scared to dribble. Max player Kanter can't guard a pick and roll if his life depended on it. They have close to zero good 3pt shooters(Russ included), a disastrous recipe for 2017 ball.

Think if you took Lebron off the Cavs or Kawai off the Spurs - we'd see a lot of major flaws on both those rosters exposed.

I've always defended Russ and I always will - he ain't perfect and neither are you
I feel you on that.. I hated Iverson just like I hate Russ (on court game and style of play)
Not for me and isn't entertaining to me in the slightest but we all like different ish.

Russ ain't play D since 2012.....

He gives zero effort on that end man. The other guys either play great d....or play within the team concept and defend well as team defenders.

With the exception of Harden I may add

Last edited:
Tools may be there, but honestly for my viewing pleasure I'm not trying to see him play lockdown defense. And in particular for this team it won't benefit them much. Same way I didn't want to see Bean do it as much after Shaq left.

Also I remember an article earlier in the season that said whether he contested shots or not opponents shot a high percentage against him.

I feel you on that.. I hated Iverson just like I hate Russ (on court game and style of play)
Not for me and isn't entertaining to me in the slightest but we all like different ish.
Mann, to not be entertained by AI? That's bonkers but to each is own like you said.

The Beard bores me to sleep BUT dude is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom