2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK why you guys spend so much time talking about a guy who shoots his team out of games. Sure he keeps them in the games, but he also shoots them out of it during the end.

I expect Magic Harden to show up against SAS if they win. He'll be a much better playmaker than what he showed against okc.

RIP David lee and Aldridge if they switch

IDK why you guys spend so much time talking about a guy who shoots his team out of games. Sure he keeps them in the games, but he also shoots them out of it during the end.

He's the MVP of the league. Who just did something that hadn't been done in 55 years and undoubtedly one of the 3 most exciting players info the league. He's been THE story in the league this entire season. He's going to get talked about.

And before this series, this season he did far more shooting them into and winning games for them than out of them.

But his teammates. And the +/-
[emoji]129300[/emoji]

They don't have to be mutually exclusive. He played poor down the stretch of games AND his teammates were hapless without him.

The narrative didn't change from how it was all year. He had to average a triple double just for the games to be competitive in this series. Just as was the case the entire season, he just wasn't able to close like he'd done so well during the season.

This is extremely accurate

Low key Harden > Westbrook on defense

After letting Roberson almost double his scoring average from the regular season? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Pat Bev 'killed' Russ but went from 10 ppg in the regular season to 11 this series.

Last edited:
After letting Roberson almost double his scoring average from the regular season? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Pat Bev 'killed' Russ but went from 10 ppg in the regular season to 11 this series.
It was all part of the game plan if you could watch a game objectively anytime you see Roberson shoot it's a win

It was all part of the game plan if you could watch a game objectively anytime you see Roberson shoot it's a win

What about all the backdoors and times commentators were calling out Harden to be asleep on defense losing Roberson for easy looks.

And how do you know it wasn't in OKC's game plan to let Bev do the same?

Even though he's been better than he was a couple years ago, I don't think that arguing in favor of Harden's defense is the hill you want to die on...

I'd say it wasn't in OKC's gameplan to let Pat Bev shoot but then I remember that Russ not contesting shots and hanging out around the paint is a core part of their plan so....

What about all the backdoors and times commentators were calling out Harden to be asleep on defense losing Roberson for easy looks.

And how do you know it wasn't in OKC's game plan to let Bev do the same?
Because Bev is a 40 percent shooter on decent volume you want to talk about the commentator JVG went on a podcast saying how harden is low key a much better team defender losing Roberson on cuts happens when he's basically playing safety Harden consistently switches on 4s when Houston goes small and he's been effective when he does

Leave a 38% 3 pt shooter open on a team that shoots the most 3s?

I don't think leaving Bev open was a team decision

Out of all the guys on the floor he would be the one on offense you'd least pay attention to. JVG said it multiple times they're giving him those shots if he 'beats' you tip your cap. Same as with Roberson.

And regardless of whether it was the game plan or not that wasn't the difference. Lou Will was.

Last edited:
Never seen a player get celebrated for:

Shooting 38% in a playoff series
Getting Gentlemen Swept 4-1
Averaging 6 turnovers per game
Playing Zero defense

:x. Y'all copping mad pleas. I keep seeing ESPN talk about how Russ "made history" this playoffs.

:smh:

Leave a 38% 3 pt shooter open on a team that shoots the most 3s?

I don't think leaving Bev open was a team decision

Out of all the guys on the floor he would be the one on offense you'd least pay attention to. JVG said it multiple times they're giving him those shots if he 'beats' you tip your cap. Same as with Roberson.

In their starting lineup, Bev shot the highest 3FG%. Obviously, if he beats you, he beats you but you don't leave him wide open. You noticed they chased Ariza off the line ever catch. They tried to chase Anderson. But the guy guarding Pat wasn't in sight.

Brodie MVP you're better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom