40k salary for a job you like or 100k for a job you don't like?

Survey says that 64% of millenials would choose the 40k for something they enjoy?  What do most of you say?

Umm going off the thread title i'm gonna go ahead and take 100k for the job i like. Re-word your question and I'm sure you'll get different responses.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Honestly if I was young and starting off, I'd definitely take the 40K job. I mean this isn't permanent where you stay at 40K forever. Hopefully there are raises and what not cause if it is a job you love, getting more money will come easier. Since I am older now, that scenario just doesn't cut it and I'd probably take the 100K job. But remember, a 100K job is only as good as you stay there. A girl I know just got a 90K job but hates doing what she has to do. I bet she will only last a year or two tops.

Honestly if I was young and starting off, I'd definitely take the 40K job. I mean this isn't permanent where you stay at 40K forever. Hopefully there are raises and what not cause if it is a job you love, getting more money will come easier. Since I am older now, that scenario just doesn't cut it and I'd probably take the 100K job. But remember, a 100K job is only as good as you stay there. A girl I know just got a 90K job but hates doing what she has to do. I bet she will only last a year or two tops.

i guess it depends on why you hate the job. if you just hate the company/environment then its probably better to take the 100k job, grind for a bit, then try to parlay that into a lateral position at a different company that better fits you. if you hate the industry and everything about it, then probably not worth setting yourself up for a life of stress.

lol at da reasoning. why work and make 100K, you‘ll just be miserable. see ur income go through taxes.,see uncle same take his cut, and you wont be left with much.

in America, u live great with benefits at 40k.

filed jointly 80-100k aint a real.life style change for couples or singles.

keep dreaming though.

Most things in life are "easier said than done".

What's your point?

I've already done it by the way.....
I wasn't challenging you personally, I just meant that a lot of 40k jobs I imagine there isn't much opportunity to go up to 100k

lol what. most of us are working a job we hate as it is...if we had the chance to make more doing it then why not? take the 100k easily.

No one likes a 40K job to begin with, cuz the pay is not enough. But everyone can get a 40K job, but not the 100K.

i guess it depends on why you hate the job. if you just hate the company/environment then its probably better to take the 100k job, grind for a bit, then try to parlay that into a lateral position at a different company that better fits you. if you hate the industry and everything about it, then probably not worth setting yourself up for a life of stress.

It also depends on your work ethics as well. Some people literally don't care what they do and can separate work from life as long as they are getting paid. Then there are others that have to enjoy what they are doing cause work is literally 35-40 hours of your life a week. It's a give and take.

Isn't that easier said than done?

Definitely not easy as it is but depending if you are in an industry you like, you can always try to find another job at another company that pays more to do the same thing.

No one likes a 40K job to begin with, cuz the pay is not enough. But everyone can get a 40K job, but not the 100K.

Agreed too. Some people will never see the 100K job, let a long the 40K job you actually like.

Back
Top Bottom