A$AP

Bro I'm not even asking for a new mixtape from rocky. I just want one Song! Last song he released was that gta joint. Damn he slackin on the music

I like the visuals, but the song was meh. I **** with Ant though. Now let's see if these dudes can actually make good on this March release.

Yo I don't even know what to make of Ant's verses. It was incomprehensible :lol:

I like A$AP's sound as a whole though so I'm looking forward to the album.

Last edited:
I like ASAP but that 'funky funky style with a funky swag' joint is garbage. goofy, repetitive hook strewn in between varying degrees of struggle bars, sans Method Man. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
This beat though...DAMN.

Wish it was Rocky or Ferg on this instead of this weed carrier.

i just took a look back at the beginning of this thread....wow times were so different lol...its amazing how you can see someone come from the bottom and achieve success in such a short time...may the ASAP mob continue to prosper :smokin

Rocky need to stop loafing with the new music. Do U think he lost it he started off stupid strong arguably classic first mixtape 2 virally sensational videos with purple swag and pesos. First album had a hit single with F'n problems. Ferg is out here wavin. U think he's feeling timid about releasing newer solo music becuz it's not hot? Like wasn't he suppose to release a beat tape?

I like ASAP but that 'funky funky style with a funky swag' joint is garbage. goofy, repetitive hook strewn in between varying degrees of struggle bars, sans Method Man. Just my opinion.

Lol song would have been amazing if it was just Nas x AZ x Rae x Meth on it LOLOLOL

Rocky need to stop loafing with the new music. Do U think he lost it he started off stupid strong arguably classic first mixtape 2 virally sensational videos with purple swag and pesos. First album had a hit single with F'n problems. Ferg is out here wavin. U think he's feeling timid about releasing newer solo music becuz it's not hot? Like wasn't he suppose to release a beat tape?

I hope not but I can see how the case would be made. He really hasn't put nothing that I've been impressed by since his debut. All his guest features have been lackluster.
I'm gonna contribute it to letting his team shine on their own.

Quite frankly Rocky isn't a dude who just throws songs out that's why his projects seem to have such cohesion too them

Agreed. His full length projects are def his meat and potatoes. But I look at his peers like drake and Kendrick and they're murdering the features, where as rocky seems like an after thought on most of his features. I know Kendrick and drake are the leaders of the class, but based off rocky's body of work I had him high up there just because how much I enjoyed it, completely aware that it wasn't as lyrical as the aforementioned two.

I just wonder if his down south inspiration, re packed with NYC spices is sustainable.

No? how would he lose it? lol Rocky just wants to have longevity. his album just came out a year ago, hes done features the past year and had 2 songs?  hes just not the type of dude to release a new song or single every 3 months. hes smarter than 90 percent of rappers right now who get signed after a hot mixtape cause doing that **** is not how you aim for longevity and build up your success.

from a recent interview

On his career
"I just want to have longevity, to leave behind a legacy that is set in stone."

On his next album
"People will know what it sounds like when the time is right. They've got to wait. I always have a good trick up my sleeve."

On making it big
"I'm not jumping from rooftop to rooftop screaming with tears of joy, 'I made it!' I haven't reached where I want to go, so it's not time to celebrate yet."

and yeah, i guess hes been working on an instrumental tape, but idk what the deal with that is.

Rocky will be fine, his supportive fan-base is still there and grew a lot over the past year, esp internationally. And he got that Wu Tang forever remix and video with Drake that he directed and is on, then the A.S.A.P Mob album releasing March 4th and hes been lowkey working on his own music.

and that Trillmatic songs is fire! **** you guys talking about? the hook is inspired by nice and smooths - hip hop junkies and they both killed it. wow.

Last edited:
^ My man just broke it down so smoothly. I agree with every word. Repped on re-up. :pimp:

Last edited:
Agreed. His full length projects are def his meat and potatoes. But I look at his peers like drake and Kendrick and they're murdering the features, where as rocky seems like an after thought on most of his features. I know Kendrick and drake are the leaders of the class, but based off rocky's body of work I had him high up there just because how much I enjoyed it, completely aware that it wasn't as lyrical as the aforementioned two.

I just wonder if his down south inspiration, re packed with NYC spices is sustainable.

I've said it before but for us born between 1985-1990 yea we were born in diff regions but we were the first to really grow up in the illegal Internet music age so we grew up on out regional sounds and sounds from all over the nation that would normally never get radio play. For example now you have kids in Atlanta around my age who you can't even tell where they are from unless you listen really hard to their accents. If Drake came out in 1996 nobody would know where he was from, heck if he never said he was from Canada now we probably wouldn't be able to guess. Look at Rick Ross, dude reminds me more of a 90s NYC Rapper more than any traditional southern artist.

I've said it before but for us born between 1985-1990 yea we were born in diff regions but we were the first to really grow up in the illegal Internet music age so we grew up on out regional sounds and sounds from all over the nation that would normally never get radio play. For example now you have kids in Atlanta around my age who you can't even tell where they are from unless you listen really hard to their accents. If Drake came out in 1996 nobody would know where he was from, heck if he never said he was from Canada now we probably wouldn't be able to guess. Look at Rick Ross, dude reminds me more of a 90s NYC Rapper more than any traditional southern artist.

Exactly. Rocky and I are a year apart and coming from someone who lives on the east coast hes the perfect representation of us born 85-90 living in the northeast, in my opinion.

We werent just listening to NY hip hop for the most part, myself and all my friends were listening to southern music and rappers, as well. BET played a lot of southern music, we were on the internet then and discovering and listening to music from other regions more easily than i assume it was in the 90s because of birth of social media.

So with that said, I think its ridiculous how he gets so much **** for being heavily influenced by southern rap being a rapper from NY. His wordplay is NY to me..and that most recent Asap Mob freestyle on hot 97 he was sooo NY..i can def tell hes influenced by Cam

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom