ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

i had the same problem and thicker socks won't help (too tight). had to sell off my clb2016 cos it was impossible to ball in them... damn if i knew removing the insole would help with the problem i wld have tried it...
never thought about removing the insole, but that is an alternative...i'm just curious if that will make it uncomfortable for the bottom of you feet?  CLB16 was primeknit, but i think it sucked, more so than Rose5 :/

I can get the crazylight Boost 2016s for like $40, wondering if I should pull the trigger and if it plays vastly different than the CE lows, thoughts? What's everyone's opinions on the crazylights

I can get the crazylight Boost 2016s for like $40, wondering if I should pull the trigger and if it plays vastly different than the CE lows, thoughts? What's everyone's opinions on the crazylights
Its narrower, like KD narrow. The boost is pretty firm in the forefoot. People usually have heel slip issues. But the traction is insane, and the Continental ones are a lot more durable. For my foot personally, the CE low fits perfectly and the CLB had a bunch of fit problems.

Its narrower, like KD narrow. The boost is pretty firm in the forefoot. People usually have heel slip issues. But the traction is insane, and the Continental ones are a lot more durable. For my foot personally, the CE low fits perfectly and the CLB had a bunch of fit problems.
Yeah that's in line of what I've heard from tons of reviews, was just curious of ppl's reviews on here also. How's the Boost in the heel, tbh I'm getting these probably just to switch up my rotation from the CEs from time to time, and mainly shoot around in. Is the impact protection, bounce back better in the CLs, I already know the CEs are superior except in the traction apartment.

Yeah that's in line of what I've heard from tons of reviews, was just curious of ppl's reviews on here also. How's the Boost in the heel, tbh I'm getting these probably just to switch up my rotation from the CEs from time to time, and mainly shoot around in. Is the impact protection, bounce back better in the CLs, I already know the CEs are superior except in the traction apartment.
You can feel the heel boost, but the forefoot is so dead its almost like phylon. This is the only boost shoe that gives me knee pain after extended play; I mainly play on my forefoot.

Also, the forefoot is also more bendable than other boost shoes. The plastic spring back piece doesn't go all the way up on these, so its too flexible for my taste. The forefoot kind of feels like a budget Nike in that way. Great for court feel, but not that smooth to run in.

You can feel the heel boost, but the forefoot is so dead its almost like phylon. This is the only boost shoe that gives me knee pain after extended play; I mainly play on my forefoot.

Also, the forefoot is also more bendable than other boost shoes. The plastic spring back piece doesn't go all the way up on these, so its too flexible for my taste. The forefoot kind of feels like a budget Nike in that way. Great for court feel, but not that smooth to run in.
Damn knee pain. Do you feel any pain when you wear the CEs?

Damn knee pain. Do you feel any pain when you wear the CEs?
Only if I play for like 3 days straight, fullcourt for several games. And the knee pain only requires a day or two of rest. I've got knee tendonitis, so if I play on a phylon shoe for 2-3 days straight sometimes the pain takes a full week of rest to go away. The CE and the Rose 6 have been a damn miracle on my knees, actually. I know they don't feel as comfy as the boost runners, but the impact protection is no joke.

All you high school young bucks out there, when your knees eventually start getting funny, go with a good boost shoe and it'll feel like you shaved off years.

Only if I play for like 3 days straight, fullcourt for several games. And the knee pain only requires a day or two of rest. I've got knee tendonitis, so if I play on a phylon shoe for 2-3 days straight sometimes the pain takes a full week of rest to go away. The CE and the Rose 6 have been a damn miracle on my knees, actually. I know they don't feel as comfy as the boost runners, but the impact protection is no joke.

All you high school young bucks out there, when your knees eventually start getting funny, go with a good boost shoe and it'll feel like you shaved off years.
Forreal, my CEs have given me something I've never had before, literally no soreness after games. Even during games, after the 3rd game my legs would feel dead and I'd bow out, the CEs give me that extra energy to push through. There's no way in hell im going back to Nikes except maybe to the KD line. Boost is life now for sure.

And damn I wonder if the CL16 will do the job, I'm flat footed and all of my weight/impact goes directly to my heel, so I wonder if it'll work out for me. I guess there's only 1 way to find out.

Last edited:
Quote:
Id say its pretty different. The CE lows are a bit snugger, but I think overall they are more comfortable. The CLB have a little more weight to them, but the traction is much better imo and the durability is great. You can't go wrong with either, but if i had to pick one id pick the CLB (the CE highs are best imo)

CLB is not as comfy and narrower than the CE lows.  i say just go with the CE since it's a lot more comfortable.  i actually hated the CLB and didn't think it was that good of a shoe.

I thought I had bad old knees but when you guys are hurting with the CLBs then damn! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom