2012 chi
bob
liberty
powder blue
2015 chi..

collection barely half now

Last edited:
Last edited:
All these 10 pics damn. 10s are in my top 5 models. Since I had the OG steels when I was a kid and I found a pic last month of me in them. Stuff like that holds a special place. But you won't catch me in the latest retro of them good god they looked horrible

If anyone is in Portland, they got all 3 at the ES for 285 total. Just grabbed em today, still had pretty much a FSR

View media item 1471577
portland with the deals.. 3 for 285?? wow, thats like 95 bucks each

Don't let that fool you that ES mean employee store, as in Nike employee store. You have to be an employee or accompanied by an employee to get in.
Really wish dem humble brags came with a disclaimer :lol:

Really wish dem humble brags came with a disclaimer
laugh.gif
Just one of the many perks of charting in the top 40 this calendar year

*HBDisclaimer

lol.... really wasn't trying to brag tho, just giving a heads up cause they supposedly restocked the whole ASG lineup up there... 

anyone on this forum should be pretty familiar with the abbreviation "the ES"...

If this was a nike employee forum yes. Otherwise, no. It's not many people on here that talk about the ES.

Anyone that's on this forum knows that.

anyone on this forum should be pretty familiar with the abbreviation "the ES"...
Maybe you shouldn't assume and just tell ppl flat out where u got them. Some ppl don't know what NDC means let alone ES.
this. most average people dont even have access to an ES let alone know what that is. there are some peeps that still dont even know what FTL, FNL, FTA, EB mean

lol.... ok brehs... even though someone was explaining what ES meant one reply after mine.. 

either way HEADS UP to those who have access to the ES (Nike Employee Store) they have the whole ASG lineup outside of the mirror foams, as of yesterday

Disclaimer: just because someone could explain it it doesn't mean it's common knowledge.

is it too late to say april fools or am I now the NT pariah of the day for saying those two letters?

wasnt a humble brag btw lol... growing up in Portland, having access to the ES is extremely common. everyone I know has at least one shoe box with that stamp on the barcode

is it too late to say april fools or am I now the NT pariah of the day for saying those two letters?

wasnt a humble brag btw lol... growing up in Portland, having access to the ES is extremely common. everyone I know has at least one shoe box with that stamp on the barcode

It's all good man. Just having some fun.
I too am guilty of expecting some things to be known sometimes.

That said, I also remember not getting the lebron 4 birthdays for like $68 or whatever from nike.com because i didn't know what Ndc meant and wasn't comfy posting back then :lol:

I received my pair yesterday. Initial impressions - quality is pretty good; however I felt the jump in leather quality was not that great between these and the recent X's. The shoe seems to be very padded all throughout and the shoes seem very comfortable. Also sizing wise I went TTS with these and the 12 in these fit similar to the 11.5 in my powder blues.

Last edited:
I had OG XIs and numerous retros. The patent leather back then wasn't thicker, the material was constructed in a different manner. The multi-layered build of the originals was less pliable, firmer, thus providing a sturdier "tank" feel. The material elastic modulus used was higher back then, which also explains why my OGs cracked whereas my retros dont. I kinda compare it to new automobile frames vs old ones.

I'm 50/50 on this fam. I believe it is a combination of thicker patent leather material and much better constructed as you mentioned than previous/current retroes. I say this becuase I am still rocking my 9.5 out of 10 condition 1995 OG Bred 11's and they have been put side by side when I had my 2012 Bred 11 retros. It has the same difference when comparing OG XII's which are bulkier and built like tanks vs the retro 12's that came after it which are much slimmer compared to the OG's.

I received my pair yesterday. Initial impressions - quality is pretty good; however I felt the jump in leather quality was not that great between these and the recent X's. The shoe seems to be very padded all throughout and the shoes seem very comfortable. Also sizing wise I went TTS with these and the 12 in these fit similar to the 11.5 in my powder blues.

I'll speak specifically on the 2012 Chicago vs 2015 Double Nickel. I agree, I don't believe the jump in leather is a huge improvement although it is better. NT fams mention that the black leather parts on the 2015 is so much better than the 2012 but in reality, it is a small portion of the entire shoes. It's the white leather that matters the most for comparison. Overall what makes the 2015 a better retro than the 2012 retro is the combition of a few things such as, shape is better and "closer" to OG shape, true red color not varsity red and solid sockliner not checkered. I'm partial with the #45 which is fine the way it is or could be better without. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
How hard were these to get? I know these are up there with the hares and Bordeaux's as far as 2015 hype.

Back
Top Bottom