AJ XXX (30)

launch is the only cw that appeals to me. With all the issues people are having....that makes me NOT want to buy a pair to ball in. 

Word, cant wait to see a black pair.

And after returning the launch colorway to a nike outlet (couldnt get myself to hoop in the white knit shoe for fear it would become filthy quickly), I found a pair at another outlet for 200 plus 30 percent off. Couldn't say no at that point, copped with the quickness. For 140, they will be hooped in this weekend lol. I have a sickness :smh: I am addicted :smh:

I thought the Achilles pad was gonna be awful when I first put them on, but I find if you push it into position before you lace up, it breaks in pretty quick. I felt it my first session, but now 2 weeks and about 5 hoop sessions later, it's not even really noticeable. I'm loving these on court more each time I wear them.

Still baffled how reviewers said "awful" traction, it's a mystery to me.

Last edited:

Still baffled how reviewers said "awful" traction, it's a mystery to me.
I think the reviewers who had to actually purchase the shoes, gave the XXX negative remarks.  Whereas almost everyone here has given it positive marks for traction and overall performance.  Oh the humanity, you had to purchase a pair because it wasn't gifted to you, and subsequently poo-poo'd on the shoe. 

Last edited:
I just played in these for the first time on Tuesday. Perfect in every way except for the dog bone Achilles pad. It basically tore my skin raw to the point that I haven't been able to play ball in any shoe without pain this week. Very disappointed. The weird thing is that it's only my left foot and not the right. Ive heard of a few reports of the same thing happening to other people who actually play in their pair. Any suggestions?

1 week later: Great court feel. Can't feel the zoom like I'd like, but still comfortable and responsive. The upper isn't as stiff and it's slowly molding to my feet. Great lock down. Traction is BEAST. Transition very smooth. The Achilles pad has softened up and I took some members advice about pressing down on the pad prior to wearing the shones and it worked. The more I play in them, the more I love them. I'm 5'9", 175lbs. I slash and stop abruptly and change speeds. I put a lot of torque on my shoes. My favorite shoes to play in of all time are the Kobe 4,5,6, Jordan 19, 28, LeBron 5,8,10, Kyrie 1 and 2.

I kinda got mixed emotions right now. Just had to return my launch pair to FNL due to bleeding on upper. :smh:
I didn't even ball in them just casual wear with black socks. To me thats the fatal flaw on top of insoles. Will wait for darker cw on the disco since I like the shoe otherwise.

So I finally put them through their paces. Outstanding, and I wasn't too fond of the 29s. Heel cushion much improved, flight plate felt softer too (a good thing IMO).

I think I'm in love. Might replace my current faves (Kobe X and Kobe IX) as go-to hoop shoes.

Just broke mine out after not wearing them for about 2 weeks and noticed that the color started changing as some others mentioned on here. I only wear black Jordan socks with them and they looked to have dark blue stains near the toe cap and lace loops. Cleaned them off a little but they're still faintly visible. Not too happy but still love the shoe.

White socks it is then...
I honestly don't think it's the socks. I think it's the straps that go down the side for the lace loops. They started to fade out as it dried but still noticeable.

White stripes for me then.....

:lol: naw but I agree it sucks. I'm only wearing casually so I'm pretty sure I'll be good unless I have some mean feet sweating.

I honestly don't think it's the socks. I think it's the straps that go down the side for the lace loops. They started to fade out as it dried but still noticeable.

I agree. Mine looked to bleed from the huarache liner and straps. I barely wore them but for a full day out n around the house for a few hours. I only wear Nike/JB DriFit socks and they have never bled. They should bring Spike Lee back and have him advertising these by saying "Must be the shoes." While holding a bleeding pair. (No UK pun intended).

I agree. Mine looked to bleed from the huarache liner and straps. I barely wore them but for a full day out n around the house for a few hours. I only wear Nike/JB DriFit socks and they have never bled. They should bring Spike Lee back and have him advertising these by saying "Must be the shoes." While holding a bleeding pair. (No UK pun intended).
Yeah I'm wearing the JB Dri-Fit socks. Just sucks cause I was really digging them. Will stay on the lookout for a black cw.

Back
Top Bottom