American journalist, James Foley, beheaded by ISIS

And the first thing Obama does in his speech is claim that isis isn't islamic. Minimizing the impact of jihadism. Cameron did the same thing.

I don't remember people saying priests who touch little kids aren't catholic.

And the first thing Obama does in his speech is claim that isis isn't islamic. Minimizing the impact of jihadism. Cameron did the same thing.

I don't remember people saying priests who touch little kids aren't catholic.

Killing of innocent people is against the Islamic religion. So therefore, the ideaology behind isis isn't Islamic. They're contradicting themselves by claiming to be Islamic. That's the ironic part you didn't catch. Or you just chose to blindly skip the fact of the matter.

this backwards religion will be the end of all of us

Which "backwards" religion are you speaking of sir?

Oh i caught it. I understand it. I just think its absolute BS and pure deflection. It's politically correct talk taken to an absurd level and dishonest.

Abu Bakr al-BaghdadI has BA, MA, and PHD degrees in islamic studies. Im pretty sure he knows a thing or two about the religion. Obama is the authority on what is islamic? How?

They call themselves the Islamic state. Kill non Muslims and Muslims who aren't "true" enough for them. Obama can go go have a debate about what true Islam is with isis. I'm sure they will care about his thoughts on the matter

The fort hood shooter yelled Allahu akbar while killing everyone and Obama declared it "workplace violence" it's clearly a pattern.

Once again. People weren't coming out in droves saying those priests touching little boys aren't catholic. Or Israelis killing arabs aren't really Jewish.

Last edited:
Killing of innocent people is against the Islamic religion. So therefore, the ideaology behind isis isn't Islamic. They're contradicting themselves by claiming to be Islamic. That's the ironic part you didn't catch. Or you just chose to blindly skip the fact of the matter.
Which "backwards" religion are you speaking of sir?

Islam and yes I have read the Qur'an.

If your not following isis interpretation of islam your against them.

I'm sure you know that goes for Muslim & non Muslim

Last edited:
Oh i caught it. I understand it. I just think its absolute BS and pure deflection. It's politically correct talk taken to an absurd level and dishonest.

Abu Bakr al-BaghdadI has BA, MA, and PHD degrees in islamic studies. Im pretty sure he knows a thing or two about the religion. Obama is the authority on what is islamic? How?

They call themselves the Islamic state. Kill non Muslims and Muslims who aren't "true" enough for them. Obama can go go have a debate about what true Islam is with isis. I'm sure they will care about his thoughts on the matter

The fort hood shooter yelled Allahu akbar while killing everyone and Obama declared it "workplace violence" it's clearly a pattern.

Once again. People weren't coming out in droves saying those priests touching little boys aren't catholic. Or Israelis killing people arabs aren't really Jewish.

I'm literally shocked at the fact that you really wanted obama to come out and say that this is a war against Islam.

I didn't say that. I'm saying that there was no reason for basically the first thing out of his mouth to be "isis isn't islamic and isis has killed more Muslims than anyone else"

That did not do any good because alot of people feel like he's full of crap (from what I saw on twitter) and it downplays the killing of Yazidis, kurds, Christians, American journalists etc.

I think that gathering other Arab nations to fight is a good idea because then it shows that they reject isis. Smart to leave israel out of the coalition just like the first time in Iraq because they would go insane if a Jewish force slaughtered isis. Will the arab nations truly fight? Doubt it but let's see.

But this whole isis isn't islamic stuff is ridiculous. If he wants to mention that there are millions of peaceful Muslims that's cool. But the whole isis isn't islamic and downplaying it was not needed and disingenuous

Last edited:
If ISIS is Islam than the same could be said for Christians and the Maronite Militias, Ku Klux Klan, and Hutaree. Any christians/muslims that are sane know they do not support such violence. The only thing in the entire Quran that ever speaks about dislike and detesting people is the Sword Verse which extremist use to justify killing other religions when the original verse was intended to detest pagans, just how the bible detested and persecuted pagans. Neither books are intended to to put down other monotheistic religions and or use an excuse to mass execute non believers.

Last edited:
I also disagree with the acts ISIS is doing, it is sad that this gives muslims bad names by people who are clueless and resort to grouping the religion with an extremist group with no moral guidelines.

edit: that is all i have to say, have a nice day and respect everyone. I love yall, stay based, stay positive yall

Last edited:
People have been fighting based on Religion for the longest time. The dame thing with Roman Catholic and pretty much with any thing. A non believer is an offender, an outsider, a fake, and should be removed. Those who don‘t believe in God will go to Hell. You don‘t need to know what ISIS believes in to know that what they are doing is inhumane.

Thank Goodness we are civilized and more humane these days to the point where we have LOGIC and REASON to speak up against a particular belief. With that said, it is a regression to say the Bible this or that.

I also disagree with the acts ISIS is doing, it is sad that this gives muslims bad names by people who are clueless and resort to grouping the religion with an extremist group with no moral guidelines.

edit: that is all i have to say, have a nice day and respect everyone. I love yall, stay based, stay positive yall

Bad name? It‘s just how it is. Which is sad and pathetic. The scary thing is that these extremists are die hard fanatics. Killing in the name of XYZ is stupid to me.

What I dont get is warfare has gone through mainstream media. How is declaring plan ABC to the whole world an effective plan?! I am sure the US could do more to protect not only Americans but innocent people world wide, but they have to be willing to fight for the same cause. The killing of US citizens, in such a way is a green light to retaliate and defend.

A big part of Intimidation is now done psychologically instead of physically, why get your point across face to face when you can win the battle at light speed through a message sent or video feed. The USA only wants to make this as public as possible to make an example. In a perfect world this wouldnt be happening but it is what it is unfortunately

Polls are saying that Americans don't think the presidents plan will work, but still want to go ahead with it. That was on msnbc obviously a liberal channel.

I'm not sure that has ever happened in our history. It's like the public just wants SOMETHING done. But knows its not possible to win without "boots on the ground" which is such an annoying term.

Polls are saying that Americans don't think the presidents plan will work, but still want to go ahead with it. That was on msnbc obviously a liberal channel.

I'm not sure that has ever happened in our history. It's like the public just wants SOMETHING done. But knows its not possible to win without "boots on the ground" which is such an annoying term.
Considering a couple weeks ago Obama himself said it was an unwinnable situation, I'm not surprised.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but considering most of them are former Iraqi soldiers from Saddam's reign and their main source of cash flow is through oil fields, it seems this shouldn't be terribly difficult to as least take out or impose sanctions on the European countries buying the cheap oil from them or take over the grain fields used to supply their soldiers.

How long till the U.S. nukes the entire region?

mean.gif
im sick and tired of people saying this. ive heard WAY too many people say this. as if thats going to solve anything
mean.gif

Last edited:
Stop falling for the okie doke.

This is a group that America itself created, to put fear into American lives watching from a tv screen. Just to up the rationale to bomb certain religious groups, further creating a civil war - to reduce the lives estalbished in Iraq, in hopes of establishing a new "Southern Africa". This is the new "boogeyman". You had bin Laden doing the same thing. Now it's this group, who suddenly speaks english with a British accent - and they have a camera crew following their every move like some reality show.

How do you go from funding a group, to fearing it so bad, you're sending drones and bombing them with no regard. If this doesn't have Israel's and Americans fingerprints all over this, than I don't know what does. Quit being scared. This is the new propaganda to further push their "war on terrorism" agenda to keep the military subsidizing going and keeping military-industrial system operating under another "defense" pretext.

So 2 years ago, no one walking this earth feared this so called group "ISIS". Now they're a group with hundreds of millions of American tax dollars, and they're going around scaring everyone to death. It's a full on cycle of inciting fear on people to further support any more murderious and profitable wars for the people on the opposing side of this ISIS group.

War is a racket. Remember that. Stop believing everything FoxNews and CNN tell you. The truth is not being told.
+1

For those interested in learning the facts and not conspiracy, here are a couple of excellent documentaries from PBS Frontline which compiles interviews from key American government and military advisors and officials about the evolution of the Iraq war and the failures of both Bush and Obama to stabilize the region.  Warning they are lengthy (84 and 53 minutes respectively), but very well done and I really have a new perspective about our post Iraq war failures after watching both of them:

PBS Frontline - Losing Iraq (11/29/14) Preview:

Full documentary here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/losing-iraq/

PBS Frontline - Rise of Isis (10/28/14)

The Iraqi New "Army" had no respect for the US military when we were trying to train them. I saw a documentary about it like 5 months ago and I knew something like this would test their will to fight. Their retreat is one of the most cowardly thing I've heard a military force commit. An army of 30,000 retreating from 500.

The Iraqi New "Army" had no respect for the US military when we were trying to train them. I saw a documentary about it like 5 months ago and I knew something like this would test their will to fight. Their retreat is one of the most cowardly thing I've heard a military force commit. An army of 30,000 retreating from 500.

A lot of that stems from the sectarian divisions that have been in place since Iraq's founding. A good majority of the Iraqi army is Shia and couldn't care less about ISIS taking over the Sunni majority areas of the country and would never risk their lives defending them which is why ISIS has been able to establish a foothold in those area. Things will be a lot different once ISIS heads further south and closer to Baghdad becoming a credible threat to the Shia heartland with the army and Shia militias ready to defend their land. Those will most likely prove to be the real decisive battles of the war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom