Any HTC Mogul owners out there still? (KK's LOADED ROM has free Sprint Navigation.)

I mean, DAYTONA 5000's explanation meant very little to me
laugh.gif
. I get the fact that the ROM will determine my "userexperience." (I think).

I just want to make texting, AIM, the internet, calendar and the phone readily accessible, with a better today screen. I also want some goodies like games andTV.

hmm, time to hit up my geek squad buddy and see if he knows anything about this.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^

i sent you a pm, i have yet to get a response.

and that was like 72 hours ago...............................smh!

people ask me to hook their phones up daily.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Throwin' it in your face...

I mean, DAYTONA 5000's explanation meant very little to me
laugh.gif
. I get the fact that the ROM will determine my "user experience." (I think).
Yea, I get it somewhat, But what are some the specific perks of the diff. ROMs?

Stock cars usually suck. Hook them up. That's the best analogy I can give.

Some add rims. Some add a system. Some add pipes. It's all personal preference.

I got the JD Ultimate rom right now, or whatever the one MP recommended. It's basically the same as the stock except different #'s and fonts on themenus and it comes with different programs preloaded. Where your phone has the wifi, Evdo, 1x, home, mail, contacts, etc. and all the other logos, it'll bedifferent images in different roms. If you want the programs on a ROM, you can usually find the .cabs (setup files) for those programs on their own somewhereout there on the net. I need to find Juicy's ROM. It must be good because it has been removed from a bunch of sites after Microsoft said it had some oftheir copyright code in it

Umm, this battery life is poo poo.

Now I see why they gave us 2. Looks like I'll be purchasing that dock so I can charge both and have the spare ready on deck.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Umm, this battery life is poo poo.

Now I see why they gave us 2. Looks like I'll be purchasing that dock so I can charge both and have the spare ready on deck.
Holden posted this in the other thread, It's supposed to help battery life.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com...hlight=battery&page=5

Battery report, It's been 9½ hours since I've taken the phone off the charger. I am happy to report that a few phone calls txt and websurfing and a some minor video playback via TCMP, still above 50%. I am running the stock Sprint rom, and used the 20000 registry edit, this works like a charm.
The .cab file is somewhere in that post.

I've had the opposite experience with the battery somehow, maybe because I use it to death then recharge it and repeat (battery conditioning), but I nevereven did that registry edit. And obviously I'm not one of those dudes who just keeps it in sleep mode in the holster. I got 4 email accounts built in thatupdate every 30 minutes, stay surfing the web and youtubing (I still prefer the internet explorer flv plugin to the built in Youtube program), watching videosI have saved since the Mogul, a few calls, and if I don't wmwifi I can use it all day easily. I'm not even going to mess with it because I don'twant to lose it.

What does the registry hack cab do? Set it where you're not perpetually connected to the EVdo? Just make sure your bluetooth is off and like I said,I'm good.

I keep them in my laptop bag, and I have a shorter RCA cable I keep in the car. I work IT on Fort Sill Military base so I keep my laptop with me at work so Ican wmwifi and use the whole internet because DOIM blocks like 3/4 of the internet. Coworkers be mad because I'm on youtube, myspace, checking my gmail(you can't even go to mail checking sites), and $@!*

Dear Valued Sprint Customer:

We would like to thank you for your recent Phone Replacement Order. We are pleased to inform you that your replacement phone has shipped.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Summary:
Phone Replacement Order Number: ESXXXXX
Wireless Phone Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Defective Phone Information:
Model Name: UTSTAR PPC6800 QWERTY CAM
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Replacement Phone Information:
Model Name: UTSTARCOM PPC 6850 WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tracking Information:
UPS Tracking No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 01/27/2009.

Tracking Number: XX XXX XXX XX XXXX XXX X
Type: Package
In Transit - On Time

Scheduled Delivery: 01/27/2009
Shipped To: BRENTWOOD, NY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 01/24/2009
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 3.40 Lbs

i have to start heading over to ppcgeeks.com and start learning the touch pro, im glad i got insurance in the first place. cant wait, new gadget should be hereby monday

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

I got the email!!!!.......Now what's the best way to "break" my old phone lol

Get a hammer and lightly tap the talk button. Worked like a charm.

For the OG SERO plan users, Is there a way to add a line onto ur existing account. I was thinkin to get my brother on my account like a family line orwhatever. Is that still possible? or are they gonna tell me i have to upgrade to the new SERO plan?

IDK man, but I doubt it since the older SERO plan just isn't offered anymore at all.

Man i wish i could of hopped on this deal, smh at me for not thinking i needed the insurance. Well actually i dont but the mogul is so garbage that i wish idid have insurance. Anyway to get this through maybe a warranty?

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

For the OG SERO plan users, Is there a way to add a line onto ur existing account. I was thinkin to get my brother on my account like a family line or whatever. Is that still possible? or are they gonna tell me i have to upgrade to the new SERO plan?
They will probably make you cancel that account. I can honestly say I'll be using SERO until Sprint Folds, or merges with Verizon orsomething.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

For the OG SERO plan users, Is there a way to add a line onto ur existing account. I was thinkin to get my brother on my account like a family line or whatever. Is that still possible? or are they gonna tell me i have to upgrade to the new SERO plan?
They will probably make you cancel that account. I can honestly say I'll be using SERO until Sprint Folds, or merges with Verizon or something.
Same here. When my 2 yrs is up, I'm telling retentions to keep me on for $30 a month or I'm walking.

All these registry tweaks and reading through 100 pages at ppcgeeks, I have still yet to find out how to increase the size of the sms box, when I'm sendinga message. The only way I find involves opening in notepad, changing it on the pc, then editing it with another program. Is there a very simplistic way ofdoing this???

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

whats the best non sero plan available... im tired of paying 145 a month.. seems like such a waste to me.
Sprint offers many, many, many plans, some of which aren't even advertised. Perhaps they can even create a custom plan for you.

In my case, I was wrongfully kicked off the $30 SERO plan when it was available so they made amends by hooking me up with a $35 plan with 200 more minutes andeverything else free and clear. Give them a call and stay persistent. Sprint is one of the easiest companies to bully (in certain instances). This, I think, isone of them.

Back
Top Bottom