Any HTC Mogul owners out there still? (KK's LOADED ROM has free Sprint Navigation.)

[h1]Firefox Mobile coming to HTC Touch Pro as soon as next week[/h1]
Posted by Zach Epstein on Jan 27, 2009 9:22 am 10 comments Filed in HTC, Handsets, Software, Windows Mobile

Windows Mobile users have a lot going for them lately but truth be told, most of the good news still falls in the rumor category for the time being. Windows Mobile 6.5 might be introduced at MWC but we don't know for sure. We also don't even know if it will be worth the wait. The honeycomb UI looks interesting but videos show it might just be a TouchFLO-like band-aid. The rumored cloud-based suite looks nice but we still have nothing from Microsoft regarding SkyBox, SkyLine or SkyMarket. Now however, we've got some good news that you might not have to wait long for. According to an update to the Firefox Mobile wiki, HTC Touch Pro owners could be looking at an initial release as soon as next week. Woo! Internet Explorer is, umm, not so good, and Firefox Mobile is poised to do for Windows Mobile what Firefox did for Windows: Fix web browsing. For all the people out there without a Touch Pro this is still great news as it marks the first time a version of Firefox Mobile will be released in any state for a device other than a Nokia Internet Tablet. We can't wait.

[Via IntoMobile]

hmmmm
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

1) I'm pissed BeeJiveIM doesn't work on this...I DL'd Palringo, But I can't get on AIM/GTalk with it for some reason.

2) I don't like the fact that it's so damn hard to get Touch Flo 3D themes (maybe I'm missing something) unless you're like a programmer or some %$@%. And understanding the Roms and how they work is like another language.

3) Why no "Ok" button on the keyboard?

4) Why isn't Skyfire available for this?

Other than that, It's cool.
BeeJive works fine. I got it. I hate that they didn't make the direction pad 4 directions too. It doesn't make any sense not to. I wishthey had a scroll wheel too, like right there where the stupid volume buttons are.I might map mine to be scroll wheels up and down. But the center of the dpadacts an a ok/enter button

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I have a surprise for you.
pimp.gif

just wanted to say thanks again, got mine today, love it so far and cant wait to send that POS mogul back to sprint

which covers/screencovers you guys using?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

1) I'm pissed BeeJiveIM doesn't work on this...I DL'd Palringo, But I can't get on AIM/GTalk with it for some reason.

2) I don't like the fact that it's so damn hard to get Touch Flo 3D themes (maybe I'm missing something) unless you're like a programmer or some %$@%. And understanding the Roms and how they work is like another language.

BeeJive works fine. I got it. I hate that they didn't make the direction pad 4 directions too. It doesn't make any sense not to. I wish they had a scroll wheel too, like right there where the stupid volume buttons are.I might map mine to be scroll wheels up and down. But the center of the dpad acts an a ok/enter button
Did you have to do any thing special? Because the one I've been using for my Mogul won't work on the TP...

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

BeeJive works fine. I got it. I hate that they didn't make the direction pad 4 directions too. It doesn't make any sense not to. I wish they had a scroll wheel too, like right there where the stupid volume buttons are.I might map mine to be scroll wheels up and down. But the center of the dpad acts an a ok/enter button
Did you have to do any thing special? Because the one I've been using for my Mogul won't work on the TP...
My fiance has it on her phone..dont install the same one you used on your mogul. Just go to www.Beejive.com from your TP and download it...then itshould work just fine..

Got my phone yesterday...thanks again for spreading the word OP

The phones nice, but its gonna take some getting used too. I'm going to miss my mogul

has anyone had trouble logging on to aim? I keep getting an error code that says "the md5 digests do not match "code:403)" any suggestions?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Posted by Zach Epstein on Jan 27, 2009 9:22 am 10 comments Filed in HTC, Handsets, Software, Windows Mobile

Windows Mobile users have a lot going for them lately but truth be told, most of the good news still falls in the rumor category for the time being. Windows Mobile 6.5 might be introduced at MWC but we don't know for sure. We also don't even know if it will be worth the wait. The honeycomb UI looks interesting but videos show it might just be a TouchFLO-like band-aid. The rumored cloud-based suite looks nice but we still have nothing from Microsoft regarding SkyBox, SkyLine or SkyMarket. Now however, we've got some good news that you might not have to wait long for. According to an update to the Firefox Mobile wiki, HTC Touch Pro owners could be looking at an initial release as soon as next week. Woo! Internet Explorer is, umm, not so good, and Firefox Mobile is poised to do for Windows Mobile what Firefox did for Windows: Fix web browsing. For all the people out there without a Touch Pro this is still great news as it marks the first time a version of Firefox Mobile will be released in any state for a device other than a Nokia Internet Tablet. We can't wait.

[Via IntoMobile]
hmmmm
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Tonystarks2984 wrote:

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

[Via IntoMobile]
hmmmm
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

and NO, no 55$ charge for me.

it will only charge 55 if you dont insurance with sprint.

still worth every penny

Originally Posted by angelxplaya

did you guys have to pay the $55 charge?

No, I did not. It is because I am enrolled in the $7 per month insurance program. I believe if you are not, you have to pay the $55 replacement charge.

Thanks again MisterP for the heads up, got my TP's yesterday.

You Have no Idea bro! Thank you so much for posting this I almost dropped $300 last week on this bad boy and i just got it yesterday and havent put it down lol

HOLY %$@$!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

KK'S "Loaded" ROM is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
This ROM has...

+%#* it...EVERYTHING.
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

It usually takes me a minute to upload all of my preferred programs. This thing CAME with...
- Google Maps with Google Earth
- Live Search
- UNLOCKED Sprint Navigator
- Music ID
- TCPMP (Can basically play any audio/video file type.)
- hTorch (Flashlight)
- A CRAPLOAD of games...

All I added was Opera Mini, WMWifiRouter (Turns your phone into a router.), Palringo (Basically every IM program in one...including Facebook Chat), Arts ofPositions 3...
laugh.gif
devil.gif
, a few hacks and a few games...

HOLY %$@$!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This ROM has...

+%#* it...EVERYTHING.
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

It usually takes me a minute to upload all of my preferred programs. This thing CAME with...
- Live Search
- Music ID
- hTorch (Flashlight)
- A CRAPLOAD of games...

All I added was Opera Mini, WMWifiRouter (Turns your phone into a router.), Palringo (Basically every IM program in one...including Facebook Chat), Arts of Positions 3...
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Calm down.
pimp.gif

HOLY %$@$!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This ROM has...

+%#* it...EVERYTHING.
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

- Live Search
- Music ID
- hTorch (Flashlight)
- A CRAPLOAD of games...

All I added was Opera Mini, WMWifiRouter (Turns your phone into a router.), Palringo (Basically every IM program in one...including Facebook Chat), Arts of Positions 3...
laugh.gif
devil.gif

will i loose anything by loading this rom?

MisterP0315

How do I get this rom on my phone? For some reasons, it was much easier for me to add roms, etc. on my htc touch, but have a lot of difficulties adding them tothe pro.

Originally Posted by iChampion

MisterP0315

How do I get this rom on my phone? For some reasons, it was much easier for me to add roms, etc. on my htc touch, but have a lot of difficulties adding them to the pro.

Same here, Can I get some help....link?

Does this only work online? I called a few of the nearby Sprint stores and they told me that if i took in a mogul, to expect one in return lol.

Also, if the key under the shift key fell off, would that be enough of a reason for them to exchange it online?

Lemme know ASAP so i can get my TP too haha.

-Edit-
Just tried this online, but it said the replacement would be REC UTStarcom PPC-6800 Handset Single.........isnt that the Mogul? Why didnt it work forme?
mad.gif

-Edit#2-

Just went though some more pages of this and i guess i missed out. Ill keep trying every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom