Anyone here not care about credit?

What my credit got to do with defending the country
laugh.gif

My credit isn't good so I can't enter this top secret facility
https://news.clearancejobs.com/2010/01/28/the-impact-of-delinquent-debt-on-security-clearances/

obviously not the only factor, but there is a possibility that it could be a deciding factor

Last edited:
I know some police depts run credit checks on police candidates. Another way of weeding ppl out. I'm guessing, if your credit is extra weak, you're prone to bribery and misusing authority.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pissed because they wanted to up everyone in my office to a have a secret clearance in their PD but two of the woman in the office said they'd be F'd because of their credit so my boss decided not to go through with it in order for them to be able to keep their jobs :x I wanted that secret clearance :smh:

What my credit got to do with defending the country
laugh.gif

My credit isn't good so I can't enter this top secret facility
You have a lot to learn. Obviously know nothing about clearances and why they are important to the government/military .

That is exactly how it works, you won't get a Top Secret clearance if your credit is wrecked, not even sure if you can get a Secret clearance with bad credit. It is a big factor. Thank Snowden for making it harder.

Trust me obtaining a clearance while in the military is the best thing you can do.

Last edited:
All yall need to do to have good credit is pay your car note on time every month. Your credit score will sky rocket. If you have money to spend here and there no need for a credit card.

over credit utilization will hinder your score if you're carrying around too much debt, regardless of on time payments, although being on time is priority numero 1

See I thought like a lot of dudes in here and thank god I had the means to do the cash thing, I been tax evading for like 5 years the way my operation was running, so I was making like 65k cash every year in 3 months (Halloween is a beautiful industry, I spoke on it before) and started at 25. I thought in 3 years I would be able to buy a house cash, and build my own business, car and whatever else.

Wrong. Every single thing I wanted to do- needed credit. And needed good credit too us I ain't an idiot who's gonna get robbed 11% interest rates...so it felt like complete crap. And when u have 200g saved in cash and u wanna buy a crib for 300k u still can't get that 100 from the bank with a good interest rate. It was a scam. Or rather I feel like they do it on purpose to keep u in the system.

O well- I'm out in the Middle East evading taxes legit now.

One thing that I've always kept in my mind as a principal thought regarding having good credit is that, as someone who has money in savings but not as much as I'd like, a really good credit score will help offset the limited savings when it comes to buying a car and a home.

Obviously you still need to have X amount of dollars buy a place, but yea....

Credit utilization should be taught in high school but companies wouldn't like that.

This right here. That's a life lesson that's somehow skipped in school. Could be a one week course

I taught financial literacy to 5th graders every week for a year for community service. We just taught them how checkbooks work, saving accounts, not to spend more on a credit card than you can afford, not to sign up for a retail credit card to save the 10-25% or whatever they offer, etc... They only paid attention when we gave them candy. Probably forgot everything we taught them by now but hopefully some of it stuck.

I keep saying it should be a required course in HS.

Last edited:
Never thought about it really...Never had a CC.Been thinking about getting a CC lately just to build credit in case I ever need a good credit score but hopefully that day never comes.

Never thought about it really...Never had a CC.Been thinking about getting a CC lately just to build credit in case I ever need a good credit score but hopefully that day never comes.

That's a bad way to think already, especially with some of the examples above. It's so easy to use credit to your advantage and there's no down side. You guys gotta think long term.

So they reward you for having bad credit by keeping you out of the military?
You just won't get the better positions or have as good opportunities when you leave.

Never said you can't get in .

For example, I know a guy that has been in the military for 20 years E-6. He's being offered 80K with the government when he retires , but is trying to get 125K working for a govt contractor company because he has a Top Secret clearance.

Last edited:
ya better get your credit up, unless you plan on staying with moms all your life. Cant even get a apartment without running it

That's a bad way to think already, especially with some of the examples above. It's so easy to use credit to your advantage and there's no down side. You guys gotta think long term.
I'm already a home owner,so the only major expense would be a vehicle purchase and I prefer those in cash.

Another example.....

I was in a dead end job a few years ago, and was so fed up I quit with no other job on the horizon. I found one a month later, but I would have never been comfortable leaving my other job if I didn't have 20k+ available to me to use in case of emergency.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom