Are 'Mixed' People Black?...

Nah.

If you're biracial/ half black you are not black just because people think you look black. Don't let others opinions of you define who you are. Ethnicity is not an either or subject. I am bi-racial and people stay getting offended if I fail to mention either side.

I agree with you though, I have to roll my eyes when these black women who think they can name countries in Europe or certain native american tribes just because they got good hair.

So then according to you Malcolm x wasn't black going by your logic. FOHWTBS

Last edited:
If Steph Curry ain't black then what is he? And how do you define Black? :smh:

I identify people with what they tell me they are.

I'm a light skinned black dude. Both parents black. All four grandparents black. Beyond that it get a little hazy and it's a bunch of rumors what everyone is. So when people ask me I say I'm Black.

I get kind of offended when people say "you must be mixed with something" or "you can't be full black". My response now a days is "I probably am but there was this small event called slavery which makes it very difficult to properly trace my roots."

Almost every mixed with black person I know considers themselves black. My experience is likely influenced by the fact I'm black.

My girl is half white and was only raised by her white mother in Idaho but still sees herself as black

If Steph Curry ain't black then what is he? And how do you define Black? :smh:

I'm a light skinned black dude. Both parents black. All four grandparents black. Beyond that it get a little hazy and it's a bunch of rumors what everyone is. So when people ask me I say I'm Black.

I get kind of offended when people say "you must be mixed with something" or "you can't be full black". My response now a days is "I probably am but there was this small event called slavery which makes it very difficult to properly trace my roots."

That mess is so irritating

Wait. So Rita Oro is NOT mixed?

When I was little I didn't know if Paula Abdul was black or white. Still don't

and that's exactly how it should be. no one should dictate how you see and identify yourself

it's a lot deeper than skin color. there's a huge ethnic and cultural side to things too that racial makeup doesn't always addres.

don't take a people at face value cause you're liable to look like a big ol fool in the end

a lot of ignorance in here

Last edited:
didnt read throught thread. did anyone post dave chappelle "racial draft" clip or nah?

Rock has acknowledged being Vlack numerous times. Blame the WWE for playing up his Samoan heritage more.

Off the top, the promo he did on the titantron for his WM vs Hogan and the run he had with the Nation of Domination. He said he was Black during both of those.

I am Jamaican but I'm lightskin as **** with green eyes n freckles, so I bet u cld imagine half the conversations I've had about my race :x

I laugh my *** off when racist white guys say our biracial president is infringing on the rights of white men
roll.gif
. In this country unless you are white like wonder bread you are black. But i do hate when black be people be saying i got Indian in my family or im and 1/8 or 1/4 this. Your black

I laugh my *** off when racist white guys say our biracial president is infringing on the rights of white men:rofl: . In this country unless you are white like wonder bread you are black. But i do hate when black be people be saying i got Indian in my family or im and 1/8 or 1/4 this. Your black

Thank you! If you go back far enough we all got some other **** in our blood.

What's sad is that you are ASSIGNED blackness by other people whether you want it or not. In my case, I'm black so it doesn't faze me. But in the case of my children who can legitimately claim their black side, their Spanish side (darker skin Spaniards) and their little bit of white side, they will be told by other people and I know that will be confusing to them. I educate them about their blackness, but it's not my choice what they will identify as when they are adults. Obama can't even be half white in this country if he wants to. Not too many white folks are claiming him these days or in the past.

Just to give an example of what I meant about my own fam, this is my FIRST cousin. (not going to post adult pics to put him out there like that) But he's my dude. His mom is my Pop's sister. My pops is brown, not light at all, but my Pops mom looked white. My Pops father was darker than the NT background. All that to say we have every shade in my family and NONE of us talk that we're mixed crap. But even if we wanted to, America would see us as black and that's that.

My cousin, aunt and uncle (Zel).

View media item 1576028

My brother, my sister, another cousin and me (with the big smile).

View media item 1576029

Not to mention my cousin's kids are light too. But he tells them like I tell mine. To this world, you're black.
They look black to me

They look black to me

:lol:

Me too. But some folks try to rank levels of blackness by hair texture and what shade of brown or tan you are. I'm telling you from YEARS of dumb questions and people even challenging me on the fact that I'm black. I'm not making this up. I think it's as crazy as you probably do.

Black people come in all shades man. From Jason Kidd, Rashida Jones to Akon :pimp:

Derek Jeter used to rock a fade back in the day. Wonder what he identifies with.

Mixed people are just that, mixed. Not sure what the problem is.
yeah i'm not one for these kinds of labels to begin with as the whole concept of race was to establish a certain power structure that many people still willingly abide by today. you got some white people claiming anyone who isn't of anglo saxon descent not "white" the same way you got some black people clinging onto the one drop black rule and both claiming "well, that's how society works" - that's a cop out. it goes a lot deeper than a person's skin color, features, etc

Back
Top Bottom