Being nice doesn't pay off

If someone was really my friend, I wouldn't charge them for putting a small ding in my door, especially if it's just an old civic. I'd be annoyed with them but definitely wouldn't charge them.

The only way I'd ask for cash is if I let them drive my car and they wrecked it, I might ask them to put something towards the deductible. I value my friends over a dollar and small items like an old car.

$500? Bro, tell her since you're going to be paying for it she's going to the shop of your choice. Don't just give it to that $500 bs .. her dad owns a body shop .. it doesn't cost no $500 :smh:

1. Becaue one of my dads friends who is a mechanic , fixed my mercedes bumper, which was scraped to ****, repainted it did everything to it, legit 5-8 hours of labour and charged him 200 because he paid very little for the paint, our familys have known each other for 30 years, ive known her for 20 , im sure a 5 inch dent wont cost twice as much as repainting a honda civic door, i can buy her a new door for 500$. Like shes telling me its going to cost me 5 hours of labour, sorry for ranting but i grew up with these people and they are doing me dirty, he will pay a guy to do 30 min of work and charge me for 5 hours, no thanks

Seriously just tell her straight up. I don't have $500 right now.....I honestly think i can get it done for you for cheaper. Let me go with you to get an estimate at a couple of places. I will pay for it and i trust your dad but i don't have $500 I am sorry.

Worst she can say is oh you think my dad is trying to rip you off? Just say no but my friend had a similar dent in his corolla and he got it done at "Bob's Auto" and they charged him $80 bucks.

If it is as small as you say and it is actually on the door panel then some "Ding King" or "Mr. Fix-it" type shop will drive to your house and pop it right out for $100. I had a dent on my back quarter panel dude showed up at my house on the weekend we kicked it out front for a 30 mins. He popped the dent out and just said "you got cash?" i said yeah "just throw me $50". Shook hands that was it.

talked to my car guy today, when i told him she wanted 500 he laughed, said he would take the dent out for free and said if it needed to be painted hed charge me under 100....

if its coming down to you doing the RIGHT thing and payin ...why dont you just have your insurance handle it? why pay $500 out of pocket and just pay your deductible (which i would hope is under the 500$?

talked to my car guy today, when i told him she wanted 500 he laughed, said he would take the dent out for free and said if it needed to be painted hed charge me under 100....
so take it to your car guy and get it fixed but surprise her. now you are going to have to figure out to steal her car and not get caught

So i saw the car today ,  and the dent is about 1 inch by 1 inch, she is insisting i pay to have the door painted even though there is 1 small scratch that isnt very noticeable , i just laughed and told her to get over herself , you cant even see the dent unless you know its there , she just wants the $

So i saw the car today ,  and the dent is about 1 inch by 1 inch, she is insisting i pay to have the door painted even though there is 1 small scratch that isnt very noticeable , i just laughed and told her to get over herself , you cant even see the dent unless you know its there , she just wants the $
Was with you until "isn't very noticeable". Of course it's not noticeable to you when it's HER car and you, being broke, have 500 bucks on the line

IMO you should dead the relationship you have with her as a friend, tell her you found someone who will do it for free, and you will pay the under 100 to get it painted by your guy. If she doesn't like it, tell her to go to her dad and get it done for free, like she was going to do after you gave her the 500.

What was her response?

i think most people would expect you to pay for something you damaged. this has nothing to do with being nice.
laugh.gif

Exactly.

Ur friend sux...

I saw this one law n order where the dude trolled fantasy rape forums until he found a dude to rape this hatin *** chick thinking it was consensual and all fantasy/role-play

...jus sayin

But srsly don't do that but get it fixed elsewhere and let her kno ur deadin the "friendship"

Just take her and the car to a decent local shop and see how much its gonna cost to fix.
she wont , it has to be done by her dad 
No, it doesn't. It can be done by anyone as long as it is done properly. You said your mechanic will remove the dent for free and charge you less to re-paint it, take it to him and stop letting this girl control you
mean.gif

Just take her and the car to a decent local shop and see how much its gonna cost to fix.
she wont , it has to be done by her dad 

No, it doesn't. It can be done by anyone as long as it is done properly. You said your mechanic will remove the dent for free and charge you less to re-paint it, take it to him and stop letting this girl control you :smh:

My thoughts exactly. If anything, get an estimate from your guy or whoever, and say, "that's what I'm paying, if you want it done anywhere else for more, that's on you".

Was with you until "isn't very noticeable". Of course it's not noticeable to you when it's HER car and you, being broke, have 500 bucks on the line

IMO you should dead the relationship you have with her as a friend, tell her you found someone who will do it for free, and you will pay the under 100 to get it painted by your guy. If she doesn't like it, tell her to go to her dad and get it done for free, like she was going to do after you gave her the 500.

What was her response?
Do not tell her that you found someone that will do it for free
mean.gif

Probably would be good to dead the friendship after this, cause she seems like a slimy chick the way you paint her.

Tell her that you know a guy you trust who will do it just as good for less and you prefer to go with him. You can't tell her that she can only see it if she squints cause YOU dented it. Fix it. Paint it. Dead it. I agree with dude on this tho, if she doesn't go to your guy, don't give her anything.

Do not tell her that you found someone that will do it for free
mean.gif

Probably would be good to dead the friendship after this, cause she seems like a slimy chick the way you paint her.

Tell her that you know a guy you trust who will do it just as good for less and you prefer to go with him. You can't tell her that she can only see it if she squints cause YOU dented it. Fix it. Paint it. Dead it. I agree with dude on this tho, if she doesn't go to your guy, don't give her anything.
Well thats the plan , we just talked nad she said i put her in too awkward of a situaion and that she will just get her dad to do it for free, then minutes later she texted me saying i have to pay for it

Do not tell her that you found someone that will do it for free:smh:

Well thats the plan , we just talked nad she said i put her in too awkward of a situaion and that she will just get her dad to do it for free, then minutes later she texted me saying i have to pay for it

if she refuses your offer to take it your car guy, refuse to pay her. Obviously the $500 is just an arbitrary number since she texted you and said that she's just gonna have her pops do it for free.

best case scenario. if you live in LA or SoCal, just submit this to Judge Judy or some other daytime judge show. You gotta write it into a story of sorts. Bestfriends for 20 years, now Worst enemies over bogus car repair bill or something like that. Worst case, you lose and the show will pay the settlement. Either way, you will and the chick will still get $500 just to appear on the show. She can put her $500 to her CC since thats what she was planning on doing anyways. You should be in and out for Judge Judy in bout 2-3 hrs max. (speaking from 1st hand experience).

Which is a business that needs to make a profit to remain open, 500 bucks doesn't sound too bad. It's not like he's going to slap on some Bondo and Rustoleum.

this would make perfect sense if the place wasn't owned by the father of the girl. sounds like a job that could be done in less than an hour. obviously there is a cost associated with the labor and materials, but that cost is not 500 dollars.

edit: by the way OP... how are you "being nice" by offering to pay for damage which you admitted was on you? did you give this girl a card to her dad's shop and tell her that they were your good friends and would hook her up? or should the breeze pay for the damages?

Last edited:
this would make perfect sense if the place wasn't owned by the father of the girl. sounds like a job that could be done in less than an hour. obviously there is a cost associated with the labor and materials, but that cost is not 500 dollars.
edit: by the way OP... how are you "being nice" by offering to pay for damage which you admitted was on you? did you give this girl a card to her dad's shop and tell her that they were your good friends and would hook her up? or should the breeze pay for the damages?
No she said she was going to take it there, and since we are both from a small immigrant community i thought her dad would just charge me for the paint and maybe an hour labour, which all the car needs

Back
Top Bottom