Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

ashy or not VI's are my fav shoe of all time and am always excited for a retro. i have about ten pair and will welcome any more. if these bother you in anyway just pass on them. why complain? 

Yeah, I agree and I will pass on the shoe. The guy I quoted stated that we all would buy them no matter what, and I replied why I didn't like the ashy material and that I would easily pass on them.

Doesn't matter, 3M with durabuck or some cheap ashy suede you guys still buying this retro. Ain't nothing new just give Jordan Brand your direct deposit. 

Not me. I bought the varsity reds and that material is trash! If it's not durabuck this will be easy to pass on.

I got a question for the fellow old heads. When did the OG run of this shoe officially drop in your neck of the woods? Me and my older cousin was talking about kicks yesterday and he told me these were available as early as fall 1990. When my mom bought my Black Metallic 5s from footlocker in December 1990 they had that Little Richard Air Jordan VI commercial playing in the store. I also had a friend at school who I could swear had the black infrared 6 before thanksgiving break 1990. By February 91 Black and White Infrared 6s were everywhere trying to flood out Reebok Pumps and Regulators. Did these drop in 1990?

Wait are these even really happening. Or are you guys complaining about what ifs on shoe that dosnt even exist yet? Haha

I'm in on this if it ever happens though.

It was confirmed by a trusted, long time insider on NT about 2 months ago for November release.

Doesnt matter if it is suede, nubuck, or durabuck. It will end up being those half-grain half-*****ed leather anyway AND people will buy them up regardless.

with all the hate for these ill be able to fill my closet for retail 
smokin.gif

I'm copping 3 rollers minimum, one for the crib one for the car and 1 to keep on ice
it's so easy to front 8 months out
I hope it's a Black Friday so everyone says bump that. Getting 2 minimum. I hope it's the ****tiest leather ever so everyone complains. As long as they are true black infrareds. I'm in. I wasn't able to ever get a pair of these. Please jb do us right

I hope it's a Black Friday so everyone says bump that. Getting 2 minimum. I hope it's the ****tiest leather ever so everyone complains. As long as they are true black infrareds. I'm in. I wasn't able to ever get a pair of these. Please jb do us right
wish i could rep this twice

Last edited:
I got a question for the fellow old heads. When did the OG run of this shoe officially drop in your neck of the woods? Me and my older cousin was talking about kicks yesterday and he told me these were available as early as fall 1990. When my mom bought my Black Metallic 5s from footlocker in December 1990 they had that Little Richard Air Jordan VI commercial playing in the store. I also had a friend at school who I could swear had the black infrared 6 before thanksgiving break 1990. By February 91 Black and White Infrared 6s were everywhere trying to flood out Reebok Pumps and Regulators. Did these drop in 1990?

I'm 99% sure I got mine in February 91. I don't remember them being out before then, but then again that was a long time ago and my memory ain't that great hah.

My birthday is in Feb and I remember the new model usually dropping in Feb.

Last edited:
Just like the White Infrareds, these will be in collection this year.

No question.

Since these dropping Black Friday, "supposedly", y'all think these might be $190?

They used too release in late November. Nike switched it up after the VIs. Jordan wore the Carmines start of the 1991 season

from Spring training up Early Jan. Then Jordan was wearing the "HARES" up too All-Star break! The Bords also released same day

as the Hares did. I remember my Mom took me 2 FTL and I could'nt decide but ended up getting the Bords. Jordan wore the Bords All-Star day.

Actually back it up a bit I just remembered as I was thinking bck in time. The VIIs released the week after SuperBowl Sunday cuz I remember

the Nike Commercials for the VIIs & VIIIs during half time. As for the Infrareds having them in '90 before Thnx Giving break, MJ wz wearing the 

Vs Black Tongue Fire reds. Nike Then switched bck up when the IXs came out.

Pretty sure I got my black/infs early February of 1991, right around the All Star Game.
If my memory is working, the Maroons dropped around June of 1991 & the Sport Blues dropped soon after, I think August 1991.
I remember those dates b/c of summer bball leagues I was in.

Can't be. These were the 1991 edition. White's dropped first, then blacks (usually) during spring

Pretty sure I got my black/infs early February of 1991, right around the All Star Game.
If my memory is working, the Maroons dropped around June of 1991 & the Sport Blues dropped soon after, I think August 1991.
I remember those dates b/c of summer bball leagues I was in.
This sounds about right. It used to go: team color (white), team color (black), All star edition, Playoff edition, out of the norm colors ( grape V's, Maroon VI, Sport Blue etc). That's how you got to see Grape V's on the shelf with white VI's and infrared VI's at times. 

This sounds about right. It used to go: team color (white), team color (black), All star edition, Playoff edition, out of the norm colors ( grape V's, Maroon VI, Sport Blue etc). That's how you got to see Grape V's on the shelf with white VI's and infrared VI's at times. 
The days of when signature sneakers would only get 2-3 team color ways and a few lifestyle color ways. I wish is was that way today, but it will definitely never go back to that.

The days of when signature sneakers would only get 2-3 team color ways and a few lifestyle color ways. I wish is was that way today, but it will definitely never go back to that.
Nope, every shoe has at least 20 colors and gimmicks. This is the gripe I have with later editions of Lebron's line.

I used to wish for this but when I really sit down and think about it, does it really matter? Sure there may be 25 colorways per model now, but your traditional team colors, All-Star mockup, and Playoff pairs are still part of that line up. It's as simple as getting what you want and ignoring the rest.

As Mart said, unless you have that Pokemon mentality, you'll gravitate to certain colors and the rest may as well not exist anyway. It's never fundamentally a bad idea to give people more options.

Back
Top Bottom