BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

roll.gif
. Nike does not care about killing resellers to make it easier for everyone else. They simply saw how much ppl are willing to pay and decided to raise prices because they know ppl would buy and still sell very well. They just trying to make their money. Yea the quality is up on a decent amount of release but its all about money.

roll.gif
. Nike does not care about killing resellers to make it easier for everyone else. They simply saw how much ppl are willing to pay and decided to raise prices because they know ppl would buy and still sell very well. They just trying to make their money. Yea the quality is up on a decent amount of release but its all about money.
i agree man, sorry but this is probably one of the dumbest sneaker theories ever honestly lol.  

Last edited:

roll.gif
Nike must care if they're making shoes in abundance now so...

Nike isn't doing anything unless it means more money for them. Resellers cater to sneaker heads Nike caters to the average consumers and could care less about the drop in a bucket that is made up of people that go to resellers for. The market is saturated because their research told them that's what would make them more money. The fact that you go to any sneaker store and not only is more than half the stores dedicated to Nike another 30% is dedicated to some of Jordan brands most iconic silhouette readily available for the average consumer. Having that kind of presence alone is making them money. Flooding the market means that when any given person walks into a sneaker store chances are they're leaving with a Nike/JB shoe

Last edited:

roll.gif

Comprehension is key.....

Again in regards to resellers, they do not care. Making money? Ofcourse they do as does any other business. That's way they putting out all these releases. They know they can make money.

Sidenote: I need to invest in Nike already.

One of the reason of price increase was to combat resellers, otherwise Jordans wouldn't have cost that much.  JB sees that resellers are getting more than $200 when the price was $160-$170.  So they increased the price to $190 to hinder the resellers profit (no body would want to pay over that much for a GR that are in abundance).  Inflation does not cost a price increase every year my friend.

they increased the price for their own good not to combat resellers

resellers are who buy the majority of jordan retros. resellers are nikes angels

Nike isn't doing anything unless it means more money for them. Resellers cater to sneaker heads Nike caters to the average consumers and could care less about the drop in a bucket that is made up of people that go to resellers for. The market is saturated because their research told them that's what would make them more money. The fact that you go to any sneaker store and not only is more than half the stores dedicated to Nike another 30% is dedicated to some of Jordan brands most iconic silhouette readily available for the average consumer. Having that kind of presence alone is making them money. Flooding the market means that when any given person walks into a sneaker store chances are they're leaving with a Nike/JB shoe
If I could get the shoes directly from Nike why resellers cater to me (sneaker enthusiast)?  I can understand if resellers could help with past releases before 2013 but why for recent stuff, sure there is a demand but restocks happen and I can wait (on some shoes).  Of course I know that Nike sees the populace is paying the resellers these outrageous prices why not pay it to us.  The price increase is also making resellers choice which release benefit them but most are still going in buying almost all of them but then return them when they find out they're in abundance (hence all the restocks of certain shoes).  The price increase in a way is combating resellers along with the abundance of shoes produced.  We have retro sitting in stores which gives ordinary people a chance to buy them who are not all in the sneaker culture.  In conclusion, Nike/JB do take what their customers say into mind (in a small way), given the shaky "remastered" era we have seen improved versions of some of the most iconic shoes.

@AirSakuragi  I know you said inflation has nothing to do with it but just an FYI. The Air Jordan 7's retailed for $125.00 back in 1992. $125 in 1992 is equal to $211.90 in 2015. So in reality we are paying less for Jordans now than we did back in the day.

@AirSakuragi  I know you said inflation has nothing to do with it but just an FYI. The Air Jordan 7's retailed for $125.00 back in 1992. $125 in 1992 is equal to $211.90 in 2015. So in reality we are paying less for Jordans now than we did back in the day.
Oh, maybe it was inflation, premium materials, or to combat resellers together but why have a price increase almost every year though?

Oh, maybe it was inflation, premium materials, or to combat resellers together but why have a price increase almost every year though?
because inflation goes up every year. It is true though that retail was $125 back in 1992 and now that much money equals $211.90, so basically we are paying less than we were in the 90's.

I didn't think inflation happened every year
It does, but it's not always drastic. Sometimes it's only by a dollar or $.05. I believe it's a little bit of everything everyone is saying. It's because of the re sellers and JB knows they can milk the margins a bit more. It's because of the new materials (in some cases justified, somewhat) It's also because of inflation. I do believe they will hit an even bigger breaking point than they did this year if prices continue to rise.

I'm almost positive inflation has nothing to do with the price jump if you factor in the more recent previous price points. Jordans retailed for 160 in 2012. Factoring inflation the 2015 price would be 165. In 2011 the bordeauxs retailed for 150 and inflation would make them 158 Now.

So I was at this kickback last night. It was at my homie's friend's pad so I didn't really know the dude. Like around 2-3am, the guy was losing it, drunk and high af out of his mind. We were talking about some random stuff, then eventually I brought up his Js. I asked how much for his Bordeauxs, he said $240. I'm like come on bro, you know you ain't getting $240 for these. He agreed so I'm like, ok how much then for real? He got as low as $180, but I kept saying, bro I got $120 on me right now. Like real talk I kept repeating it lol. I took out the cash, put it on the table. He was like, alright I got you man go ahead they're yours.. I got the shoes, walked out as casually as possible, then jammed home. Deadstock, w/ footlocker receipt and all. :rofl:

My homie told me the dude hasn't even brought it up yet, so I'm guessing right now he's chillin, thinking he just got $120 out of nowhere. But once he realizes his Bordeauxs are gone, I don't know wtf he's gonna do. Idgaf tho, I'm keeping these.

View media item 1798447View media item 1798448View media item 1798449View media item 1798450View media item 1798452View media item 1798453View media item 1798460

Last edited:
I'd buy these but I just have too many stinking pairs of shoes at this point... I don't think I'll ever be able to wear everything I have now days...

It is interesting to see how this past year has gone with regards to the aftermarket. I will admit I'm guilty of selling some to afford what I want to keep, it's to the point now that you better only be focusing on really limited stuff if you want to use reselling to fund your habit.

Back
Top Bottom