buy n sell forum ...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

DON'T SEE WHY THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL? DUDES CAN'T DO MATH ANYMORE? IF YOU ARE A SELLER AND DON'T WANT TO PAY PAYPAL FEES JUST ADD THE 4% TO YOUR STARTING PRICE!

WANT $200 IN YOUR POCKET FOR THE SHOES?

200 x .04 = 8

LIST SHOES AT $208!
actually.. .just to get the math right.
for every dollar you want to have in your pocket... you should multiply that by 1.0417 to cover your fees

so if you want 300

300 x 1.0417 = 312.51

paypal fees @ 4% of 312.51 = 12.50

so you end up with $300.01

w/o the added .0017

you have this:

300 x 1.04 = 312

paypal fees @ 4% of 312 = 12.48

so you end up with 299.52.

sure...only 50cents difference.. but every penny counts

Um...

Oh... okay...

Your sig explains it all!

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

DON'T SEE WHY THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL? DUDES CAN'T DO MATH ANYMORE? IF YOU ARE A SELLER AND DON'T WANT TO PAY PAYPAL FEES JUST ADD THE 4% TO YOUR STARTING PRICE!

WANT $200 IN YOUR POCKET FOR THE SHOES?

200 x .04 = 8

LIST SHOES AT $208!
actually.. .just to get the math right.
for every dollar you want to have in your pocket... you should multiply that by 1.0417 to cover your fees

so if you want 300

300 x 1.0417 = 312.51

paypal fees @ 4% of 312.51 = 12.50

so you end up with $300.01

w/o the added .0017

you have this:

300 x 1.04 = 312

paypal fees @ 4% of 312 = 12.48

so you end up with 299.52.

sure...only 50cents difference.. but every penny counts

Um...

Oh... okay...

Your sig explains it all!

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by iYen

i answered it before and i'll answer it again.  because i have a way i prefer to do things. if the rules on niketalk don't allow to me do that no more regarding payments sent through the personal payment option then fine i won't do it, but i'll jack up the price to compensate for it,  if someone inboxes or emails me making offers, i'll propose the gift or 4% option so that we can both work a deal that works, them getting a better price, me making as much as possible.

i don't like paypal because for as much as you say honest sellers like me are shady, a company that will freeze your money at any given time just because your making alot, has horrible customer service,  is pretty much the same company as ebay yet they double dip on fees, and have rediculous overall policies is even worse in my eyes.    

corporate greed like how a company like paypal or ebay does business is worse then some small time dude trying to cheat paypal and ebay by saving a few bucks in my view.

again since you one of those "the rules are the end all be all" guys please honestly tell me.    Do you follow every rule your told even if it's b.s?   at the end of the day, you refuse to buy from potential honest sellers because of what you consider bad business tactics, so im assuming you must be clean as a whistle and never do anything wrong yourself.

i know im breaking ebay and paypals rules when i try to get over on fees.  i honestly don't care (i won't do it on here)  if they were to ever catch me doing it, i wouldn't have no hard feelings towards them either because i know what im doing.

at the end of the day as a buyer you should be worried about the bottom line price in my opinion. that's what's most important to me.     i could care less if dude has some shoes on ebay for $1 plus $199 shipping  (when people were doing that to avoid fees) and everyone else has those same shoes listed the normal way for $230 or so,  best believe im copping from the guy that has them listed for $200 altogether because it benifits me.
If I hear that a seller is trying to tack on a paypal surcharge - or that they're pushing users to pay by "gift," I'm going to block that seller's access to our buy/sell section.  If you want to make the same profit, include the paypal fee in the price. 
Did you read this?

You don't like paypal but you continue to use it...
I never said the rules are end all be all.
With that being said, my answer is no.
But I still don't see your point. What's wrong with the paypal taking a certain percentage of the money you receive through their service?
Also why are you trying to equate laws to paypal's policy?
You agreed to follow paypal's rules and you're knowingly breaking them.
You can not logically argue why you are breaking rules that you agreed to follow.

I guess so since I've never broken any rules from paypal's policy.

You know that what you're doing is wrong and that you wouldn't even be mad if paypal caught you.
Since this is all true, why are you trying to rationalize breaking paypal's rules?

No, at the end of the day as a buyer you should be worried about assurance.
You don't see anything fishy about having a shipping charge that costs one hundred times more than the actual product?
The buyer would be naive to place any type of trust in that type of seller.

You've already admitted that what you're doing is wrong so there is no point in trying to prove that what you're doing is justifiable.
As I said before, anymore arguing is pointless.

didn't read

images

Originally Posted by iYen

i answered it before and i'll answer it again.  because i have a way i prefer to do things. if the rules on niketalk don't allow to me do that no more regarding payments sent through the personal payment option then fine i won't do it, but i'll jack up the price to compensate for it,  if someone inboxes or emails me making offers, i'll propose the gift or 4% option so that we can both work a deal that works, them getting a better price, me making as much as possible.

i don't like paypal because for as much as you say honest sellers like me are shady, a company that will freeze your money at any given time just because your making alot, has horrible customer service,  is pretty much the same company as ebay yet they double dip on fees, and have rediculous overall policies is even worse in my eyes.    

corporate greed like how a company like paypal or ebay does business is worse then some small time dude trying to cheat paypal and ebay by saving a few bucks in my view.

again since you one of those "the rules are the end all be all" guys please honestly tell me.    Do you follow every rule your told even if it's b.s?   at the end of the day, you refuse to buy from potential honest sellers because of what you consider bad business tactics, so im assuming you must be clean as a whistle and never do anything wrong yourself.

i know im breaking ebay and paypals rules when i try to get over on fees.  i honestly don't care (i won't do it on here)  if they were to ever catch me doing it, i wouldn't have no hard feelings towards them either because i know what im doing.

at the end of the day as a buyer you should be worried about the bottom line price in my opinion. that's what's most important to me.     i could care less if dude has some shoes on ebay for $1 plus $199 shipping  (when people were doing that to avoid fees) and everyone else has those same shoes listed the normal way for $230 or so,  best believe im copping from the guy that has them listed for $200 altogether because it benifits me.
If I hear that a seller is trying to tack on a paypal surcharge - or that they're pushing users to pay by "gift," I'm going to block that seller's access to our buy/sell section.  If you want to make the same profit, include the paypal fee in the price. 
Did you read this?

You don't like paypal but you continue to use it...
I never said the rules are end all be all.
With that being said, my answer is no.
But I still don't see your point. What's wrong with the paypal taking a certain percentage of the money you receive through their service?
Also why are you trying to equate laws to paypal's policy?
You agreed to follow paypal's rules and you're knowingly breaking them.
You can not logically argue why you are breaking rules that you agreed to follow.

I guess so since I've never broken any rules from paypal's policy.

You know that what you're doing is wrong and that you wouldn't even be mad if paypal caught you.
Since this is all true, why are you trying to rationalize breaking paypal's rules?

No, at the end of the day as a buyer you should be worried about assurance.
You don't see anything fishy about having a shipping charge that costs one hundred times more than the actual product?
The buyer would be naive to place any type of trust in that type of seller.

You've already admitted that what you're doing is wrong so there is no point in trying to prove that what you're doing is justifiable.
As I said before, anymore arguing is pointless.

didn't read

images

rather happy actually.

let me ask something realistic and i want both the opinions of buyers and sellers on this one.

you have a pair of shoes for sale for $150, a potential buyer offers you $130 via email or inbox, you tell them you'd be willing to accept it under the condition that they either pay as a gift or pay $136 to cover the fees. the buyer is paying less then the original listed price either way however the seller is willing to work with the buyer under the condition the paypal fees are covered and gives him 2 options to do this.

what's wrong with this. if the conversation is via email no niketalk rules are broken as the deal is proposed outside of nt, and either way the buyer is going to end up paying less then the sellers original asking price. the seller is willing to work with the buyer on the price as long as the buyer is willing to work with the seller as well.

rather happy actually.

let me ask something realistic and i want both the opinions of buyers and sellers on this one.

you have a pair of shoes for sale for $150, a potential buyer offers you $130 via email or inbox, you tell them you'd be willing to accept it under the condition that they either pay as a gift or pay $136 to cover the fees. the buyer is paying less then the original listed price either way however the seller is willing to work with the buyer under the condition the paypal fees are covered and gives him 2 options to do this.

what's wrong with this. if the conversation is via email no niketalk rules are broken as the deal is proposed outside of nt, and either way the buyer is going to end up paying less then the sellers original asking price. the seller is willing to work with the buyer on the price as long as the buyer is willing to work with the seller as well.

Back
Top Bottom