CLOSED, NEW THREAD OPENED

He putting on for the city which isn't surprising. He not commin to the Raiders just to play with those guys, but for his city. What he said I have no issue with. He's always been a great teammate.

I'd like to know how Marshawn will feel towards the Raiders after the move. Just to get a sense of what an Oakland raised Raider thinks of them. Penn has said he'd stay a Raiders fan even if they played in China, but as a Los Angeles Raiders fan he's accustomed to the idea of the team being away from home.

Don't think there is much (if any) reason to share this, but nothing else really going on...

Lawyer expects governmental entities to join potential lawsuit against Raiders

Posted by Mike Florio on June 16, 2017, 8:43 PM EDT

Getty Images
The lawyer plotting possible litigation against the NFL and the Raiders arising from the team’s plan to leave Oakland could be getting a few key partners for the effort.

Via Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Daily, lawyer Jim Quinn said that the “fully expects” Oakland and other local governmental entities to take part in the effort to block the move to Las Vegas or otherwise obtain legal relief arising from the team’s decision to move. Quinn explained, per Kaplan, that if Oakland agrees to participate, a decision then can be made regarding whether litigation is the proper approach.

It’s still unclear whether a lawsuit would rely on an actual or implied contract, a federal or state statute, or some principle of the so-called common law, which potentially would create legal duties based on precedent from past cases resolved by the court system. It’s likewise not known whether a lawsuit would try to keep the team from leaving or target compensation for financial losses resulting from the move.

One potential goal of the litigation could be to leverage guarantees regarding a replacement franchise, and possibly an agreement to keep the Raiders name, logos, colors, and records in Oakland. Though Art Modell agreed to that approach in 1995 when moving the Browns (which became the Ravens) to Baltimore, it’s hard to imagine Raiders owner Mark Davis abandoning the identity of the franchise.

Say this case somehow gains traction and even causes the NFL/Raiders to give up the team identity to Oakland for a new expansion team...

Would we really want that? I doubt there's going to be any interest on the NFL's end for a new team to be put in the East Bay given the public turn from handouts for teams, plus there are other, more attractive locations that would get first looks at a new franchise. We'd be in the same boat as Seattle waiting for the Sonics to come back. We just don't know if it would happen.

Eh anything that causes MD and/or the league stress, I'm with it.

A hypothetical where Mark can't take the Raiders brand to Vegas or has to payout to the city of Oakland would be golden.

Last edited:
Eh anything that causes MD and/or the league stress, I'm with it.

A hypothetical where Mark can't take the Raiders brand to Vegas or has to payout to the city of Oakland would be golden.

I ain't cheering for the Last Vegas Rollers if that's the case :lol:

125 of them thangs! Sheesh...good for him. I thought he woulda took a little less to free up some bread for Mack and Coop...hope we can satisfy everyone tho

Best 10 day stretch in Oakland sports history. 

Warriors Championship

Ward wins biggest fight of career

Ivan Rabb getting drafted

Carr got paid 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom