Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want to start by apologizing to all the U.S. military members, their families, and the fans who I offended by my actions on Sunday. It was never my intention as I have tremendous respect for the men and women who serve our country.

I have very strong emotions regarding some of the many issues that exist in our society today. I chose to sit as an expression of my frustration towards this year’s election. It was very personal for me, as it was for so many Americans.

I will not sit again during the National Anthem because I want to focus my efforts on finding more effective ways to communicate my message and bring about change by supporting organizations and movements that fight for equal rights for minorities.

This Sunday, I will be back to standing with my teammates.

Welp.

:smh:

I mean donating money is fine and all but when you don't vote(is specially on a local level) you aren't doing yourselves any favors. Like for example I can donate money towards helping Philadelphia schools and after school programs etc, but if I don't vote for the mayor or governor state senate etc and the district keeps getting underfunded because of who's in office, I'm working against myself

Great points.

I mean donating money is fine and all but when you don't vote(is specially on a local level) you aren't doing yourselves any favors. Like for example I can donate money towards helping Philadelphia schools and after school programs etc, but if I don't vote for the mayor or governor state senate etc and the district keeps getting underfunded because of who's in office, I'm working against myself
You're talking as if who you vote for is a sure thing to get elected

You're talking as if who you vote for is a sure thing to get elected
True. Ibut if you don't vote your kinda guaranteeing that you won't be heard. Im just saying imo it takes a little more than just donating money. Do you think that people who donate to LGBTQ causes don't also vote for those issues when they arise or environment people who preach save the earth etc don't also vote with those interests. So why is it that we dont do both

Last edited:
I have a fundamental disagreement with Kaep on the voting issue.

But I still support the brother.

People on the same side of the struggle should be able to disagree civilly, even on things they are passionate about.

Steven A. Smith's comments were way overboard.

You got it Deuce. You keep begging for that love and acceptance while they're spitting in your face.

Who cares if you gave your money a time, you didn't vote so you're a fraud

You sound stupid :lol:

He don't even realize how corny he sounds. You can disagree with not voting, cool but to say dumb **** like "oh he sitting on the sidelines, he's a fraud" is crazy. :lol:

Let's forget him spending his time and money and speaking up. He didn't vote!! :lol:

I'm not begging for love or acceptance champ. One thing i know for sure right now is that we have been infiltrated, no other way around it. If I couldn't see screen names while looking in this thread I would think that a bunch of white supremacists logged onto NT and asked for black community on here not to vote. Instead I see posters who are black.....or at least have pretended for many years on NT to be black, advocating to us not to vote. Thus doing the work of the white supremacists, free of charge at that. We have OFFICIALLY been bamboozeled.

On a person note, I use to think that Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and I were at least "friends" somewhat here on NT. Now it's clear as ever that he and I are on opposite ends. One because of his love and admiration for the rapper Rick Ross as bad as that sounds and two because he chooses not to vote and wants other to follow behind him as he leads them to a ditch. Back stabbers are a disease in our community, now I know how Bernie Mac felt when Steve Harvey did him dirty. I just got Steve Harvey'd by Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius ....I didn't see this one coming.

That's fine. I'm not knocking him for doing things in the community. But I'm saying voting can do more.

For example, in Philadelphia a soda/sugary drink tax passed recently. t is expected to raise about $91 million annually to be spent on expanding prekindergarten programs in the city; creating community schools; improving parks, recreation centers, and libraries; and offering a tax credit for businesses that sell healthy beverages.

This was pushed by the democratic mayor and passed by the city council. The people who you put into office can do more for you than just a camp

That's fine. I'm not knocking him for doing things in the community. But I'm saying voting can do more.

For example, in Philadelphia a soda/sugary drink tax passed recently. t is expected to raise about $91 million annually to be spent on expanding prekindergarten programs in the city; creating community schools; improving parks, recreation centers, and libraries; and offering a tax credit for businesses that sell healthy beverages.

This was pushed by the democratic mayor and passed by the city council. The people who you put into office can do more for you than just a camp

I'm not debating the benefits of voting bruh im just saying if him not wanting to play the game is cause for one to discredit him or pretend he's not doing anything then in my opinion you were already looking for a reason to do so.

I'm not debating the benefits of voting bruh im just saying if him not wanting to play the game is cause for one to discredit him or pretend he's not doing anything then in my opinion you were already looking for a reason to do so.
Im not really trying to discredit him at all. I just don't agree with his stance at all and imo it's not helping his cause. The way to affect change is through money and voting( not just one person I mean as a whole block). If one side of that is taken out of the equation your just hurting yourself

Last edited:

On a person note, I use to think that Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and I were at least "friends" somewhat here on NT. Now it's clear as ever that he and I are on opposite ends. One because of his love and admiration for the rapper Rick Ross as bad as that sounds and two because he chooses not to vote and wants other to follow behind him as he leads them to a ditch. Back stabbers are a disease in our community, now I know how Bernie Mac felt when Steve Harvey did him dirty. I just got Steve Harvey'd by Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius ....I didn't see this one coming.

:lol:

Bruh we disagree on voting and whether this system can be fixed that's it. If you or Rusty was getting beat by the cops I'll jump in.

View media item 2230595

Im not really trying to discredit him at all. I just don't agree with his stance at all and imo it's not helping his cause. The way to affect change is through money and voting( not just one person I mean as a whole block). If one side of that is taken out of the equation your just hurting yourself

That's your opinion tho and thats fine but you also have people like deuce in here acting like if you dont vote nothing you do to better your community matters which is ********.

Voting helps sure but are we gonna pretend blacks haven't been getting gunned down for sport after we just VOTED for a black president?

Did we not just see more people vote for hillary and her still not become president?

So forgive me if i understand dude not having faith in our political process and it's potential outcomes.

I could see if this was some ******* standing outside a liquor store talking about he didnt vote but this dude really has put in the effort and is using his platform in a fashion many are flat out scared to.

He's doing a lot of work, which is great. He can't do everything, nobody can. Nobody is asking him to, but voting is just something that cannot skip out on. It is absolutely vital to the process.

What good is all the work he's doing if he doesn't voice his opinion of who he wants in office to help his cause? Or vote on what laws to be enacted to help people of color?

That's your opinion tho and thats fine but you also have people like deuce in here acting like if you dont vote nothing you do to better your community matters which is ********.

Voting helps sure but are we gonna pretend blacks haven't been getting gunned down for sport after we just VOTED for a black president?

Did we not just see more people vote for hillary and her still not become president?

So forgive me if i understand dude not having faith in our political process and it's potential outcomes.

I could see if this was some ******* standing outside a liquor store talking about he didnt vote but this dude really has put in the effort and is using his platform in a fashion many are flat out scared to.
I'm Mainlyspeaking in the local terms. The president isn't really going to affect change in your particular neighborhood or city. Cops are going to shoot Black PeopleShare regardless of what happens I agree. But my focus is on building up the community

Last edited:
He's doing a lot of work, which is great. He can't do everything, nobody can. Nobody is asking him to, but voting is just something that cannot skip out on. It is absolutely vital to the process.

What good is all the work he's doing if he doesn't voice his opinion of who he wants in office to help his cause? Or vote on what laws to be enacted to help people of color?

The work that the brother is doing may one day inspire a youth that he preaches to to be the change that colored communities need. That change has to come from a political office. Not voting is going to be a negative reflection against him if/when the youth grow up and realize he did not/does not participate himself. Some view him as a hypocrite now, more will view him as that later.

Bruh we disagree on voting and whether this system can be fixed that's it. If you or Rusty was getting beat by the cops I'll jump in.

View media item 2230595

Well that's great to see and hear brotha. I would jump in and help YOU just the same. I'm just going to safely assume someone hacked your account with the last few posts prior to this one......probably young Sammy Sosa from Da Heights or someone like that. Still trying to get over that Rick Ross thing though.....I still need time for that one champ.

Last edited:

View media item 2230595

View media item 2230638
-You still wrong for not voting doe, for another reason. All dem IG thots be getting their health insurance through Obamacare.

The ACA has allowed the freelance yamb trade to flourish.

Taz's house is a cesspool, and AB could catch a staff infected at any moment.

You just help set the raunch movement back 8 years brah :smh:

Last edited:
The work that the brother is doing may one day inspire a youth that he preaches to to be the change that colored communities need. That change has to come from a political office. Not voting is going to be a negative reflection against him if/when the youth grow up and realize he did not/does not participate himself. Some view him as a hypocrite now, more will view him as that later.

I dont believe this at all.

but you're entitled to your opinion

I doubt many of those kids will grow up and view him as a hypocrite. I feel if they do put their trust into the voting system that they'll see him more as someone who did plenty but could have done more. Voting is like the icing on the cake with all that Kaep has done. He's done so much so, for me, it's disappointing for him to not know there's a possibility in believing in our people, through the voting system, who are trying to infiltrate the system to be able to fix it but without our votes it won't happen.

Kaep has done much more than many others who have voted, but voting has it's place in more than one way and he missed that specific mark.

I doubt many of those kids will grow up and view him as a hypocrite. I feel if they do put their trust into the voting system that they'll see him more as someone who did plenty but could have done more. Voting is like the icing on the cake with all that Kaep has done. He's done so much so, for me, it's disappointing for him to not know there's a possibility in believing in our people, through the voting system, who are trying to infiltrate the system to be able to fix it but without our votes it won't happen.

Kaep has done much more than many others who have voted, but voting has it's place in more than one way and he missed that specific mark.
Pretty much. Dudes calling him a idiot even tho he made a sacrifice their favorite athlete wouldn't make. I wanted him to vote because there were other things on the ballot outside of just the president but i still support what hes doing.  Dudes trying to help his community.

Back
Top Bottom