Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Problem in our community is so few people put there money and time where their mouth is.
Barber shop and beauty shop folks and facebook celebrities have all the answers, but when you ask them to volunteer their time on a Saturday morning or weekday night to impact the youth they go Casper on you.
A big problem could also stem from the people who are showcased as putting their money where their proverbial mouth is.

When kids see rappers, sports people, and other hyped up celebrities getting attention for "giving back", it influences whom they look up to as leaders in their environment.

Sometimes people don't want to hear real/tough solutions, from people that aren't always charismatic to them. This is an issue for more than just the black community also

Dubois' take on politics and voting at the time this article was written is wildly out of date when simply noting civic and social freedoms Black people have today.

If he could see what a young black person is capable of accomplishing in this day and age he'd be advocating the exact opposite of voter apathy

Comparing 1956 to 2016 is dumb

A vast majority of the issues discussed in that article are exactly the same today. As much as things have changed, the main points he was making are still very much relevant today. Did you even read it? What points, IN THE ARTICLE, are out of date exactly? Specifically, what issues that he noted have been solved through the political process to date? According to the logic of voting advocates, wouldnt it have been more important for black folks to vote back in 1956, than today? Seeing as how they were so much more socially and politically disadvantaged? You seem to really like calling things dumb that dont agree with your preconceived notions. Ironically, your argumentsarguments make very little sense.

It's called context. While things are comparable. Things are also different. Y'all defending articles and quotes like y'all the source. Calm down

Problem in our community is so few people put there money and time where their mouth is.
Barber shop and beauty shop folks and facebook celebrities have all the answers, but when you ask them to volunteer their time on a Saturday morning or weekday night to impact the youth they go Casper on you.

That and the fact that people find it hard to work together for the same things. In Pittsburgh, there are orgs that all have the same social goals but they are all separate and would even have events on the same days. Now it would be easier to work together to make a bigger impact, but egos.

Yea, people want to be the reason something took off. They wanna be the face, want the fame and the benefits from it all become secondary at best.

I think voting is something that can make change but we lost hope in it when we got it and we nothing was/has been changed EXTREMELY significantly. Not saying things aren't better now because they definitely are but there are plenty of things that have not been changed and often appear to not be able to be changed we have mentally given up on that route. There's an obvious doubt of voting effects and I don't blame anybody for being skeptical, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

I believe we have a chance a to change things if we get the right people in there. Even if they/we were to build up a great black city and be successful and it were to be destroyed like Black Wall Street to me it'd be worth it. For us to be able to again put together a SUPPORTIVE and successful city in this day and age where people from all over will be able to see the city and not just hear stories about it would motivate other cities and neighborhoods and their residents to band together and build their own and if any were to be destroyed I can't see the gov't destroying it without starting an unholy war so they'd tread a tidbit lighter but I could be wrong

^ what was her response? 
nerd.gif

Sage is a clown and has the mindset that some in our community unfortunately have. Sage acts like Dancing Clarence and thinks that she is somehow exempt from the Black experience.

Sage proudly reposted the Jason Whitlock video too. Which was far worse.

He took racooning to another level on that one

2005:

"George Bush doesn't care about black people"

2014:

"The fashion industry is racist and I need to expose it"-Kanye West

2016:

"Black people need to stop focusing so much on racism"-also Kanye West

2005:

"George Bush doesn't care about black people"

2014:

"The fashion industry is racist and I need to expose it"-Kanye West

2016:

"Black people need to stop focusing so much on racism"-also Kanye West

2004 - racism still alive they just be concealing it
2015- racism is a dated concept

Last edited:
Kanye been a lost *****

Same ***** that spit this been dead

We shine because they hate us, floss cause they degrade us
We trying to buy back our 40 acres
And for that paper, look how low we'll stoop
Even if you in a Benz, you still a ***** in a coop

Oh, when it all, it all falls down
I'm telling you, oh, it all falls down

I say **** the police, that's how I treat 'em
We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes but we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside

Cause they made us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shorty's hollering, "Where the ballas at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all a dat
Yall just aint wanna acknowledge it.

Last edited:
I swear before we can do anything as a community we really need to do some spring cleaning of all the trash.

Kanye

Sage

Lil Wayne and a ton of other clowns need to be tossed into the trash bin

Back
Top Bottom