Confessions

Man, I can't tell if life is going well for me right now or not.

I'm 22, living on my own with my gf in our own luxury apartment that we pay for in a nice neighborhood. I have a well paying job with full benefits, retirement plan, PTO, etc. but **** just keeps popping up.

Last month my radiator in my car went out, $500 to get it fixed. My dog got sick and the vet bill rang $250 out of my account. My temp cap I got on my tooth when I was hella young got damaged and my tooth was in bad pain so I had to drop $185 to get it fixed on the spot after my insurance covered most of it. It'll be another $185 once it's all completed. We just moved into our new place, but we're mismanaging our money and struggling when things hit us.

I can't tell if I should be grateful for what I have that can cause these issues, or if I should be depressed that all of these things keep happening right now. All I want is for us to not stress about money and bills and just be able to live through the days. But then I wonder too, does everyone have this issue? Stressing about bills, money, debt, etc.? Or am I just screwing all of this up cause I have no idea what's normal and what's not?
mean.gif
I don't understand this. You have a good job, live in a luxury apartment, and are struggling with some random bills? Welcome to adult life when not everything is solid all the time.

Maybe you're right that you're mismanaging your money. What are your fixed expenses (rent, etc.) looking like? Is your girl chipping in to help?

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like he's STRUGGLING to pay the bills. It sounds like he's just not happy that he has to pay them. The real crazy part of that story is the fact that he's living with his GF at 22.

Unexpected expenses is basically bills. Should always have money put back for them. A rack shouldn't be **** in his explained situation

It doesn't sound like he's STRUGGLING to pay the bills. It sounds like he's just not happy that he has to pay them. The real crazy part of that story is the fact that he's living with his GF at 22.
He said they're "struggling when things hit us." Unless this means something else, I'll chalk this up to unexpected expenses.

What's wrong with living with his girl at 22?
Unexpected expenses is basically bills. Should always have money put back for them. A rack shouldn't be **** in his explained situation
Agreed. This sounds like OP lacks rainy day funds, which goes back to my point about how he may possibly need to reassess his spending habits.

@spizike231 -- elaborate on your situation. Is your girl helping pay bills? How much of your monthly salary goes into expenses / entertainment? It seems like you have all of this falling on only your shoulders.

Last edited:
Give my mans a Break everybody goes through things on all levels dude could be unhappy overall we dont know

There will always be one that's a little younger, or a little more fit, or with a fatter ***, or prettier eyes, or more style, or that gets that one thing your current doesn't, or that seems to have promise or potential, or who wants to suck all the skin off your D at the drop of a dime, or who jocks you way harder... Hell they come in droves when you're handling your biz.

Always.

Stay focused. Leave the dance with the one that got you there.

There will always be one that's a little younger, or a little more fit, or with a fatter ***, or prettier eyes, or more style, or that gets that one thing your current doesn't, or that seems to have promise or potential, or who wants to suck all the skin off your D at the drop of a dime, or who jocks you way harder... Hell they come in droves when you're handling your biz.

Always.

Well said.

15 year old marriage ending has me depressed. How do respond to your spouse saying they no longer love you anymore? Both of us contributed to our downfall, but I know I will always love him. Letting go is a b! Damn Adele knows exactly what I'm feeling right now!

Time to let em go

And people hearing an adele song and trying to relate to it and getting in their feels is hella corny to me

Adele is not corny*gasp! Lol I know but why is letting go so hard? 15 plus years of memeories, kids, home all of that split 50/50 will suck.

Did you guys have a separation? Couples counseling? Any infidelity?

Sorry to hear that, 15 years is a very long time with someone to just let go of.

Also don't want to face it that I'm 24...next year I'll be 25...where did the years go man...I don't feel like a true adult at times...still feel like a kid even though I have responsibilities and fam I take care of...

I'm legit 30 and don't feel like an adult also ppl never think I am just off appearance, add to the fact I have had a major impact bigger than anything I've ever had 24/25 still good man. You'll be ought.

So black men have always been attracted to me, but I never went and dated one nor hooked up with one on account of I was scared of the size of the package. Then this one black guy I was really into gave me the time of day and we got together and honestly chocolate is now my favorite flavor and I hope to have myself a black husband someday cuz the contrast of our skins is the most beautiful thing to me, plus interracial babies are so cute.

I was really missing out. Shout to my future black husband.
nthat.gif

So black men have always been attracted to me, but I never went and dated one nor hooked up with one on account of I was scared of the size of the package. Then this one black guy I was really into gave me the time of day and we got together and honestly chocolate is now my favorite flavor and I hope to have myself a black husband someday cuz the contrast of our skins is the most beautiful thing to me, plus interracial babies are so cute.

I was really missing out. Shout to my future black husband.
nthat.gif
was the package good? makes me want to date a black man. your babies are going to be pretty 
smile.gif

I was really missing out. Shout to my future black husband. :nthat:

:lol: :pimp:

was the package good? makes me want to date a black man. your babies are going to be pretty 
smile.gif
Thank you lovely. I think so too on account of I have that spanish girl curly hair and light eyes are a dominant trait in my family so I'm hoping for those genes to transfer. :wink:

The package was perfection.

I have an uncle (from marriage) that is the free loader of the family. And now that I am working in asia, he knows I have an empty house in California. It's a house I grew up in and hopefully one day I'll raise a family there, but not for at least another 5-10 years due to work.

But he's slowly hinting about moving to the US or letting his sons (my cousins) live there free of charge. I have no problems letting my cousins crash for a few months, but knowing my uncle he will want them to stay there for as long as possible, him included. He's been asking about my car, if the internet is still working, if I still need my cell phone in the states, etc... 

I have a lot of other uncles, aunts, cousins and I would never think twice to help them out, but its just this one uncle. I hate free loaders. 

Always.

Real walkie talkie fam

Back
Top Bottom