Dan Gilbert letter to Cavs Fans (This is for real)!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Oh, well, Dan said what he had to say. Might've been classless but is there really any class left in sports?

So it goes...

Oh, well, Dan said what he had to say. Might've been classless but is there really any class left in sports?

So it goes...

damn!

roll.gif

Originally Posted by bigmoe34

Having worked in Cleveland for the Cavs during the 2008-2009 season, I can tell you that you will not find a more sincere and honest owner in professional sports. Some of you may feel it was unprofessional (which it was in some ways), but he spoke from the heart. I would much rather have him say that my clients rather than some prescribed rhetoric crap that PR put together...

How would you feel if you were promised something that never came and then the person who was supposed deliver tells you that he is leaving (business or personal)?

Exactly. He really is, this is completely outve character for him
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was just hearing on WFAN radio tha gilbert is also gonna release some dirt on lebron that ppl dont know

this is gonna get uglllllllyyyyyyyyyy

The reason why he's so upset and putting this out is because there's a back story to all this with LeBron. Not because he left, but how he left.

Originally Posted by bigmoe34

Having worked in Cleveland for the Cavs during the 2008-2009 season, I can tell you that you will not find a more sincere and honest owner in professional sports. Some of you may feel it was unprofessional (which it was in some ways), but he spoke from the heart. I would much rather have him say that my clients rather than some prescribed rhetoric crap that PR put together...

How would you feel if you were promised something that never came and then the person who was supposed deliver tells you that he is leaving (business or personal)?

Exactly. He really is, this is completely outve character for him
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was just hearing on WFAN radio tha gilbert is also gonna release some dirt on lebron that ppl dont know

this is gonna get uglllllllyyyyyyyyyy

The reason why he's so upset and putting this out is because there's a back story to all this with LeBron. Not because he left, but how he left.

who in the world will the cavs win with?  I think he is mad because the arena will be empty from now on just like back in the day.  the only time they will have a sell out now is when the heat or lakers come to town, hell that is a for sure sell out anywhere.  Believe me people this has been in the works since the 08 olympics.  i know byron scott hates he took this job now, there is NOTHING in clev. to work with at all.  Hell the only televised game nationally that the cavs will get is when they play the heat.  Oh yea we all know that the xmas game will be heat vs. lakers.

who in the world will the cavs win with?  I think he is mad because the arena will be empty from now on just like back in the day.  the only time they will have a sell out now is when the heat or lakers come to town, hell that is a for sure sell out anywhere.  Believe me people this has been in the works since the 08 olympics.  i know byron scott hates he took this job now, there is NOTHING in clev. to work with at all.  Hell the only televised game nationally that the cavs will get is when they play the heat.  Oh yea we all know that the xmas game will be heat vs. lakers.

I find it funny folks in Cleveland are mad. After Worshipping this guy and being "witnesses" your "King" left you in the dust.

Now ya'll mad and want to take his fake crown you guys polished daily cuz he left.

Hypocrites.

Would you please post the entire letter? Because I can't find the part where he acknowledges that they've continuously surrounded LeBron with crap to mediocre players as a possible reason as to why LeBron left.

I find it funny folks in Cleveland are mad. After Worshipping this guy and being "witnesses" your "King" left you in the dust.

Now ya'll mad and want to take his fake crown you guys polished daily cuz he left.

Hypocrites.

Would you please post the entire letter? Because I can't find the part where he acknowledges that they've continuously surrounded LeBron with crap to mediocre players as a possible reason as to why LeBron left.

I understand what the GM was trying to do but honestly he just ethered himself. Cuz who now would want to play for him unless you'd sign a lifetime contract? So basiclly, if u decide to leave halfway into your career, he will then throw u under the bus like that. I mean honestly, who would want to play for a GM like that? He just murdered his careerNot a 'Bron supporter, not anymore at the least. I'll get to his punk @&& later

I understand what the GM was trying to do but honestly he just ethered himself. Cuz who now would want to play for him unless you'd sign a lifetime contract? So basiclly, if u decide to leave halfway into your career, he will then throw u under the bus like that. I mean honestly, who would want to play for a GM like that? He just murdered his careerNot a 'Bron supporter, not anymore at the least. I'll get to his punk @&& later

Money is Angela Bassett in "Waiting To Exhale" burning up ALLLLLLL your !!+@ HURT!
roll.gif
Whoever made the Yokozuna powder reference needs serious help.

Money is Angela Bassett in "Waiting To Exhale" burning up ALLLLLLL your !!+@ HURT!
roll.gif
Whoever made the Yokozuna powder reference needs serious help.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

You're confusing things. The GM, Chris Grant issue this:

“We believe in this team, this organization, this community, and what we will do to compete at the highest level. We believe in the new coach and leader we have in Byron Scott, and the world class basketball organization and positive and strong culture we've established. Dan Gilbert and our ownership group are firmly committed to reaching our goals and succeeding on the court and in the community, at the highest level.

You're confusing things. The GM, Chris Grant issue this:

“We believe in this team, this organization, this community, and what we will do to compete at the highest level. We believe in the new coach and leader we have in Byron Scott, and the world class basketball organization and positive and strong culture we've established. Dan Gilbert and our ownership group are firmly committed to reaching our goals and succeeding on the court and in the community, at the highest level.

Got a lot of love & respect for Dan Gilbert being that he's from the crib and putting his all into helping to rebuild Detroit & create jobs like he has....very passionate dude and I have admiration for it.

This is beyond OD tho. Classless. He said LeBron quit in EVERY game that the Cavs lost vs Boston ("game's 2, 4, & 6")
roll.gif
smh.gif
. C'mon man. You supposed to come off "bigger" than LeBron, instead you somehow managed to make yourself look as bad or worse.

Got a lot of love & respect for Dan Gilbert being that he's from the crib and putting his all into helping to rebuild Detroit & create jobs like he has....very passionate dude and I have admiration for it.

This is beyond OD tho. Classless. He said LeBron quit in EVERY game that the Cavs lost vs Boston ("game's 2, 4, & 6")
roll.gif
smh.gif
. C'mon man. You supposed to come off "bigger" than LeBron, instead you somehow managed to make yourself look as bad or worse.

Dan Gilbert really had no choice but to play to his (remaining) fanbase. Cleveland was HURT. They wouldn't even interview anyone from Cleveland live on air. Fans burned the LeBron jerseys on camera, not Dan. Some people are hurt because LeBron left Cleveland. To them I say: "It's a business... quit cryin'." Then there are those who are hurt because of the WAY LeBron left Cleveland. To them I say: "
roll.gif
 I'd be pissed too."

Dan Gilbert really had no choice but to play to his (remaining) fanbase. Cleveland was HURT. They wouldn't even interview anyone from Cleveland live on air. Fans burned the LeBron jerseys on camera, not Dan. Some people are hurt because LeBron left Cleveland. To them I say: "It's a business... quit cryin'." Then there are those who are hurt because of the WAY LeBron left Cleveland. To them I say: "
roll.gif
 I'd be pissed too."

Back
Top Bottom