Defining Moments, It's been 6 years

Just wanna ask the people who wear their XIs, any of your Jumpman logos crack? just saw a small crack near the leg of my jumpman, I heard that some of the gold logos even fall off through time

Just wanna ask the people who wear their XIs, any of your Jumpman logos crack? just saw a small crack near the leg of my jumpman, I heard that some of the gold logos even fall off through time
My pair hasn't started to crack. I normally wear them once a month.

Not sure if anyone can answer this. Tried looking it up and can't find anything, but why wasn't Jordan on the 96 team?

Easy....

He didn't want to be on the 96 Olympic Team.....

Go watch the dream team documentary that was on NBA TV, they were lucky to get him to do the Olympics one time. They had to practically beg him to be on the team, they also had to drop Isiah Thomas from the squad even though Chuck Daily was the coach and wanted him on the team. That was in retaliation for Jordan being jerked at the 1984 All Star game, Thomas and other people had a "Freeze Out" on Jordan because he was a rookie and I guess they were hating on that and they wouldn't pass him the ball.

Hopefully that answers your question.....

Last edited:
So, basically Jordan was holding a grudge for how he was treated in the 84 Olympics and never wanted to play in the Olympics again? :lol:

So, basically Jordan was holding a grudge for how he was treated in the 84 Olympics and never wanted to play in the Olympics again? :lol:

Wrong.....

He didn't even want to do the 1992 Olympics in the first place, they (David Stern and Olympic Committee people) had to BEG him to be in it. Isiah was going to be on the team and he said he would not do it unless he was off the team. Also the "freeze out" was for the 1984 ALL STAR GAME not the 1984 OLYMPICS.

Oh, I see. Any reason why he didn't wanna be in it? I would beg for the oppurtunity to be in the Olympics.

man... today was the first day that i broke the dry spell since this pack. copped the bred 4s. I see a lot of other ogs came out the woodwork and retirement to cop the 4s.

This pack was my favourite thing in the world man. I trashed my 6s though and concords as well. i love them. No words can really describe the joy I had when i copped them.

Funny thing is that was the last time i lined up for Jordans on release day, and i thought today i would do the same for the bred 4s but apparently Nike has this raffle ticket thing now adays and i couldn't even line up like back in the day just to get a pair. Man... i miss the older days no doubt yo.

[ATTACHMENT=1027]Image (19).jpg (2,058k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
got married in my DMP XIs and they still look icey, man i love these sooo much

That's a nice pic. Repped

It reminds me of a pic I saw of a couple getting married in matching anniversary 11s

I remember trying to get these shoes.  Had no luck online and went to the mall the next morning.  Still no success.

Worked at a sneaker store at time so copping was a breeze but it was a war zone for those waiting on line.

Best sneaker cop ever 8)

Didn't think these would be easy to cop....was up early that morning so thought I would just drive over to the local mall and see what was up, figured no one would be getting because they never get ANYTHING other then GR......much to my surprise, line of about 4-5 people at the door. Asked what they were waiting for and they said DMP, got inline and got my 11.5 with ease, I was kinda shocked to be honest........mins later some dude pulls up, runs out of his car and asks to buy all of what they have in stock.......
sick.gif

Went into semi-retirement after that!
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom