Does/Did Tupac have street cred

Tupac was definitely overrated in everything he did.

Films: What did he have that made him such a great actor? Ever since 'Juice' came out, people thought he was so awesome. All the follow up films since then have been mediocore to garbage.

Music: What album did he have that wasn't mediocore or garbage apart from 'Me Against the World'?

Street cred: He basically got ran out of NY like Compton Prince said. He kind of ran out of options where to go, he had to settle with LA because at that time, they were the most notorious in the streets and the Rap industry. He needed protection.

Guy was alright.

This thread doesnt belong on NT.
Half of the posters on here were not even alive or were babies at the height of Pac's fame and political power.

But as far as street cred goes, he did get shot 9 times, and by definition that gives him at least a little street cred.
50 Cent got shot twice and lied and said it was 9 times and got street cred from it so...

Wait what??? Proof of 50 fabricating his shooting story. I've literally never heard that before.

Wait what??? Proof of 50 fabricating his shooting story. I've literally never heard that before.
Yea he said he got shot 9X, but doctors say it was only 2 or 3 thats been out for years

Kinda similar to people sayin Pac shot himself in the balls in NY that night

Last edited:
"Street cred" is, and always has been, a really, REALLY stupid term to describe someone's legitimacy.

Pac made good music with a message, stood for something greater than himself, had a great personality and passion for people and doing great things. Had a great mind and inspired/inspires lots of people to do better. What else do you need?

"Street cred" is, and always has been, a really, REALLY stupid term to describe someone's legitimacy.

Pac made good music with a message, stood for something greater than himself, had a great personality and passion for people and doing great things. Had a great mind and inspired/inspires lots of people to do better. What else do you need?
His message was contradictive at best can't talk about trying to save the young Black Nation while trying to assassinate other Black men/woman character just cause they dont rock with you...The man dissed people he never even met a day in his life over nothin 

Last edited:

His message was contradictive at best can't talk about trying to save the young Black Nation while trying to assassinate other Black men/woman character just cause they dont rock with you...The man dissed people he never even met a day in his life over nothin 

Like who? We need names

Guy was one of the biggest walking contradictions in recent history. But then again, we all are. If you watch a doc or two on him, read a few articles, listen to some interviews over the course of his life you'll find that his attitude and message in his music goes from political/philanthropist to more of an aggressive retaliation/gangster one. Never lost his hunger for change, but I think over the course of his life as you see him go through the arrests and deal with the media painting him in a bad light and dealing with the rape charge and seeing the things he saw you have to have a little understanding as to why he flip flopped so much. He was really frustrated at the world and how it ran which I think most of us are, but he felt it deeper and cared a lot more than the average person. He wanted to change and when you're one man, especially a black man, fighting to change the entire way of operation in this country, you're going to take a ton of huge losses.

Tormented soul in my eyes.

Last edited:

Guy was one of the biggest walking contradictions in recent history. But then again, we all are. If you watch a doc or two on him, read a few articles, listen to some interviews over the course of his life you'll find that his attitude and message in his music goes from political/philanthropist to more of an aggressive retaliation/gangster one. Never lost his hunger for change, but I think over the course of his life as you see him go through the arrests and deal with the media painting him in a bad light and dealing with the rape charge and seeing the things he saw you have to have a little understanding as to why he flip flopped so much. He was really frustrated at the world and how it ran which I think most of us are, but he felt it deeper and cared a lot more than the average person. He wanted to change and when you're one man, especially a black man, fighting to change the entire way of operation in this country, you're going to take a ton of huge losses.

Change what? What did he or was he supposed to change? He's just like any other entertainer that gets in the industry. They want sex, money and maybe if they have some character, to get their voice heard. He just got in over his head and a street cat smoked him. That is all. His legend is vastly exaggerated.

Change what? What did he or was he supposed to change? He's just like any other entertainer that gets in the industry. They want sex, money and maybe if they have some character, to get their voice heard. He just got in over his head and a street cat smoked him. That is all. His legend is vastly exaggerated.

Do you even Pac, bro???

Nah man, you gotta go watch a couple interviews. Youtube his jail interview, his vibe interview (its in sections, but it's really good), and one titled "2pac - 1994 interview. Those are the three that come to mind and honestly his best. Also, one where he's in the studio...it's from earlier in his career. Those really capture how he thought and what he was like.

Putting him in the box you did is not fair at all and is exactly one of the reasons he was so disgruntled at some people. Guaranteed, if you watch those interviews and give him a fair chance your perspective will change.

Last edited:

Read up or watch a documentary on the guy. You dont know what you're talking about.

I'm old. I've heard, seen pretty much everything on him since the late 80's when he started getting into the industry. Guy was a fraud.

"CB4 Gusto, ya luck low, didn't know til I was drunk though"

So it turns out NaS was really spitting facts.
Tupac was the CB4 Gusto :wow:

Childhood ruined

Guy had no identity. Born in NYC, raised in B-more and Marin, then kicked it in NYC while claiming Oakland until he got shot/ran out. Moved to LA because he needed backup, and now it's all this "Cali this, that, Leuders Park" all that other mess. Yet he's preaching the upliftment of Black people?

"It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at" - Rakim

Quit trying to lock him in a box. There's not one person on this planet that strictly behaves and thinks in one type of way. Humans are multi-faceted.

"It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at" - Rakim

Quit trying to lock him in a box. There's not one person on this planet that strictly behaves and thinks in one type of way. Humans are multi-faceted.
Yeah... that's what someone says when they're from Long Island.

Back
Top Bottom