Does/Did Tupac have street cred

How about that time when he went in on Quincy Jones for having a White wife, bi-racial kids. Then he gets with his bi-racial daughter.  Black power this and that, shouldn't be mixing with other races. Meanwhile, he ran into QJ at one of the hotels where Tupac was with White girls he was about to or already banged. Maaaan, this guy gets tooo much love. I mean, dude was talented, made a couple nice songs and a cool flick here and there, that's it. Let's not paint him to be a ******' Malcom X of the 90's or some ****. Y'all need better role models than this. Don't go looking for role models in the entertainment industry.

Last edited:

Guy was one of the biggest walking contradictions in recent history. But then again, we all are. If you watch a doc or two on him, read a few articles, listen to some interviews over the course of his life you'll find that his attitude and message in his music goes from political/philanthropist to more of an aggressive retaliation/gangster one. Never lost his hunger for change, but I think over the course of his life as you see him go through the arrests and deal with the media painting him in a bad light and dealing with the rape charge and seeing the things he saw you have to have a little understanding as to why he flip flopped so much. He was really frustrated at the world and how it ran which I think most of us are, but he felt it deeper and cared a lot more than the average person. He wanted to change and when you're one man, especially a black man, fighting to change the entire way of operation in this country, you're going to take a ton of huge losses.

Tormented soul in my eyes.

Change what? What did he or was he supposed to change? He's just like any other entertainer that gets in the industry. They want sex, money and maybe if they have some character, to get their voice heard. He just got in over his head and a street cat smoked him. That is all. His legend is vastly exaggerated.

Do you even Pac, bro???

Nah man, you gotta go watch a couple interviews. Youtube his jail interview, his vibe interview (its in sections, but it's really good), and one titled "2pac - 1994 interview. Those are the three that come to mind and honestly his best. Also, one where he's in the studio...it's from earlier in his career. Those really capture how he thought and what he was like.

Putting him in the box you did is not fair at all and is exactly one of the reasons he was so disgruntled at some people. Guaranteed, if you watch those interviews and give him a fair chance your perspective will change.

i have a grip of discussions with dudes who are similar to him, no offense to dude, in which they haven't done any research, and have identical responses to him. it's at a point now where when 2pac is brought up, I don't even say anything. It's hard to defend Pac because even though he had so many hopes and aspirations and we all know how ambitious he was and how he survived for change, he didn't really do much to change the world. People forgot he died at such an early age of 25. I hate to put him in the category of people like MLK or Malcom X but what do you think they accomplished by the age of 25?

“I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.” :pimp:
Part me still believes this will end up being true

How about that time when he went in on Quincy Jones for having a White wife, bi-racial kids. Then he gets with his bi-racial daughter.  Black power this and that, shouldn't be mixing with other races. Meanwhile, he ran into QJ at one of the hotels where Tupac was with White girls he was about to or already banged. Maaaan, this guy gets tooo much love. I mean, dude was talented, made a couple nice songs and a cool flick here and there, that's it. Let's not paint him to be a ******' Malcom X of the 90's or some ****. Y'all need better role models than this. Don't go looking for role models in the entertainment industry.
I never even heard about that. I need more context.

I would never put him in that kind of company though. Never forget, dude died young. Malcom was killed at 40. MLK, killed at 40. A lot of what those two accomplished where in their last 15 years. Had either died at 25 their legacy would be a lot different...MUCH different. Not saying Pac would be the next Malcom or MLK, but he never got the chance to grow and mature.
i have a grip of discussions with dudes who are similar to him, no offense to dude, in which they haven't done any research, and have identical responses to him. it's at a point now where when 2pac is brought up, I don't even say anything. It's hard to defend Pac because even though he had so many hopes and aspirations and we all know how ambitious he was and how he survived for change, he didn't really do much to change the world. People forgot he died at such an early age of 25. I hate to put him in the category of people like MLK or Malcom X but what do you think they accomplished by the age of 25?

“I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”
pimp.gif

Part me still believes this will end up being true
Guy had so much left to give.

Nobody in this thread would've ran up on pac I'll tell u that much. Call him what you want but you're a roll of charmin compared to pac.

I never even heard about that. I need more context.

I would never put him in that kind of company though. Never forget, dude died young. Malcom was killed at 40. MLK, killed at 40. A lot of what those two accomplished where in their last 15 years. Had either died at 25 their legacy would be a lot different...MUCH different. Not saying Pac would be the next Malcom or MLK, but he never got the chance to grow and mature.

Guy had so much left to give.
Like what? He was never his own man he wasn't giving the world anything until he stopped following the next man he did more unnecessary  damage to Black Culture that he did good..

"CB4 Gusto, ya luck low, didn't know til I was drunk though"

So it turns out NaS was really spitting facts.
Tupac was the CB4 Gusto :wow:

Childhood ruined

Whole verse from "the message" was directed at biggie.

Nobody in this thread would've ran up on pac I'll tell u that much. Call him what you want but you're a roll of charmin compared to pac.

No disrespect to anyone this may disrespect, but I never bought that thug act, not even in middle school.

I remember him in Digital Underground.

another suspicious thing about his death was his driver license says he was 5'10 168 but his actual death certificate reads that he died 6'0 215. big difference.
That's not a mistake. That's his fans pumping him up so much.

What does size have to do with anything?
If he was 5'7", 165lbs, looking as pretty as he was, would you be scared to run up on him if you were gully? Probably not, unless you're about the same stature inside and out.

Tupac was not a fighter. Almost all his fights he got into he lost except the one where he jumped the dude in Vegas. He even said he went back up to his room with his sisters and cousins and he was so elated that he had the power to knock a brother out.

If he was 5'7", 165lbs, looking as pretty as he was, would you be scared to run up on him if you were gully? Probably not, unless you're about the same stature inside and out.

Tupac was not a fighter. Almost all his fights he got into he lost except the one where he jumped the dude in Vegas. He even said he went back up to his room with his sisters and cousins and he was so elated that he had the power to knock a brother out.

Bruh...

Bruh...

wow

Some of you guys may be a little young, but I know some of you are in your 30's, 40's,  and you act surprised. Everything I've said is documented on video and audio from him or the parties involved. How else would I know this? There's plenty of documentaries on him from when he was a child, teenager. His peers said he couldn't squab for shhh but had heart so he was accepted. The incident in Vegas, either it was his sisters or his female cousins that were up in the hotel room when he came back super pumped he had just knocked a brother out and how he was shocked at what he could do. He was bragging to his relatives what just went down.

Are u just making stuff up now or what. Link me to pack and his views on race mixing? Black power doesn't mean duck white people if you weren't aware.

I don't think anyone ever thought of pac as the biggest baddest gangster that nobody could touch, that was never his reputation. But he spoke the real when it mattered.

Are u just making stuff up now or what. Link me to pack and his views on race mixing? Black power doesn't mean duck white people if you weren't aware.

I don't think anyone ever thought of pac as the biggest baddest gangster that nobody could touch, that was never his reputation. But he spoke the real when it mattered.
Who said this?

I've already said there is video and audio on this. How else would I know? Maybe try a search like tupac quincy or something like that and see what you can piece together. It was QJ himself who ran into Tupac at the hotel with the White girls. They ran into eachother and QJ said how embarassed Tupac looked for being a hypocrite. He said he later got a call from Tupac and he apologized.

This is stuff we saw on the news or magazines back in the 90's when it all went down. Ain't nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom