Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Posted this on SF but wanted to get responses here too. This is a suit I got from Spier & Mackay and wanted to see if there is anything that needs to be done to the jacket

Do any of you guys own any bags by Jack Spade? I've been in the market for a nice daily wearing brief/laptop bag hybrid. Filson and J.Crew make some nice versions, but I was also liking a few styles of the Jack Spade bags. Just wondering what the general consensus was on quality/construction of these bags. I feel at the retail price, I wouldn't be copping, but they can be had for deep discounts at times.

Last edited:
 Do any of you guys own any bags by Jack Spade? I've been in the market for a nice daily wearing brief/laptop bag hybrid. Filson and J.Crew make some nice versions, but I was also liking a few styles of the Jack Spade bags. Just wondering what the general consensus was on quality/construction of this bag. I feel at the retail price, I wouldn't be copping, but they can be had for deep discounts at times.
They're ok. Definitely not worth retail but they get the job done and I always get compliments on the ones I have.

They're ok. Definitely not worth retail but they get the job done and I always get compliments on the ones I have.
Thanks for the input dude. Ya, I've done some brief looking around online and there isn't a ton of commentary or reviews on them really. The styleforum community had a few people saying they are trash and not worth the money, but also some mixed reviews saying they are constructed really well and they love theirs for everyday use. I'm pretty sure it's mostly made in China but what isn't these days...I find my local Marshalls usually has one or two of the messenger bags and leather briefcases even at times for around $79.99 to $129.99 which I feel is a very good deal for a bag that's made well enough.

Posted this on SF but wanted to get responses here too. This is a suit I got from Spier & Mackay and wanted to see if there is anything that needs to be done to the jacket

I'm not queeze by any means but the jacket looks good, the pants look odd to me from the knee up.

Yeah, doesn't drape as clean as it should. Maybe just needs to be ironed, idk but there isn't a ton I can do to the pants.

Thanks for the input dude. Ya, I've done some brief looking around online and there isn't a ton of commentary or reviews on them really. The styleforum community had a few people saying they are trash and not worth the money, but also some mixed reviews saying they are constructed really well and they love theirs for everyday use. I'm pretty sure it's mostly made in China but what isn't these days...I find my local Marshalls usually has one or two of the messenger bags and leather briefcases even at times for around $79.99 to $129.99 which I feel is a very good deal for a bag that's made well enough.
The straps and the hardware are pretty solid for the price which is what you really need. I have a leather weekender that I've used and beat to hell all over the world and a canvas messenger that I use a few times a week for work. As long has you get them for >50% off I say they're a good buy.

For those who have purchased Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, how slim fitting are the slim and extra slim? For reference, I'm 5'10 and 145-150lbs. Thanks!

For those who have purchased Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, how slim fitting are the slim and extra slim? For reference, I'm 5'10 and 145-150lbs. Thanks!
Slim is definitely out of the question for you, I had them and gave them away. Extra slim honestly won't do it for you either more than likely. Especially in the sleeves.

The returns are free though, so go for it.

If you go to Www.ctshirts.com/London there's 3 for 99 going on last I checked.

Last edited:
Slim is definitely out of the question for you, I had them and gave them away. Extra slim honestly won't do it for you either more than likely. Especially in the sleeves.

do you mean that slim and extra slim are going to be too big?

the extra slim was a tad tight on me...my measurements are 5'10," 210 lbs., 43 chest, 34 arms, 17.5 inch neck...

Last edited:

Thanks for the info. Damn it. I thought I had finally found a company I can rely on for shirts.

Do you have any recommendations for shirts that would be more fitting of my height/weight?

Thanks for the info. Damn it. I thought I had finally found a company I can rely on for shirts.

Do you have any recommendations for shirts that would be more fitting of my height/weight?
Nope. I need to find the same thing, I am sticking with CT for the moment. There's this guy at my job who's really slim who's shirts fit great I'm gonna ask him on Monday.

Don't solely take my word for it though, the regulars in here will probably be able to guide you much better than I.

Nope. I need to find the same thing, I am sticking with CT for the moment. There's this guy at my job who's really slim who's shirts fit great I'm gonna ask him on Monday.

Don't solely take my word for it though, the regulars in here will probably be able to guide you much better than I.

For sure, appreciate it.

I guess there's always the MTM route.

Last edited:
Real talk is altering clothes legit? My aunt just sent me hella clothes randomly and theyre all really nice. Polos, jeans, dress shirts, and t shirts. All the shirts/polos are L and my size is S and the jeans are 36 and I'm a 32/31 depending on the brand and fit. I cant return these clothes here because they were bought from stores in a different country

I'm looking to alter the polos, jeans, dress shirts, and t shirts. Is that legit? 

Is altering clothes legit? :lol:

Yes it is, but altering jeans that are 4-5 sizes too big, and shirts that are two sizes big wouldn't be a good idea/worth it in my opinion. Just my two cents.

Haha I've just never done it so drastically, going from L to S.

Why not though? I got all these clothes for free, if it's $20 a shirt/jean I dont mind. Its cheaper then buying it again

The proportions are going to be horrible unless you alter sleeve length, hem length, and width, and even then the collar of these shirts will be huge compared to what actually fits you

Back
Top Bottom