Dressing better

Originally Posted by Jordman23

So I have a presentation for school next week and I'd like to dress up, but not break the bank. Can someone point me in the direction of a navy or grey suit? I'm a broke college student, my budget is around $120. I know that's low, but I'm not looking for something great, just enough to get me by the day.

I heard Jos A. Bank has Buy 1 suit for $200 get the 2nd for $100.

Any ideas?
I would check H&M and if that fails go the rental route.

Originally Posted by rhester

These are clean for spring/summer

http://store.hufsf.com/detail.aspx?ID=3259

huf-southern-canvas-suede.jpg

Not bad, not sure how I feel about the blue stripe though...

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

I have been lurkin in this thread alot...but this is my first time posting in here. And everytime i come in here Ksteezy always has 

some nice fits on!! 
pimp.gif

I just recently picked these up..not sure what Im going to wear with them yet tho 

da115ce2e60b5c700b043a252c5944d310b1ef4.jpg

Are these Navy or Black?

Navy. Got the same pair and I love them.
pimp.gif

Any info on where I can grab these?

Socks with brown boat shoes???Or is that a no go???When worn with pants of course?Just copped 2 pair of sperrys 1 is a darker brown suede the other is a caramel light brown color...If so what color socks????

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

saw the legendary niidawg in the mall today
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Perimeter right? Was helping my boy shop for ... you shoulda come up and chatted it up ... lol. 

Temperatures dipped into the 40s this morning in the A ... an excuse to break out one of the flannels for one last time ... 

Generaiya wants to know if anyone has experience with the sizing of shoes from Harry's of London.

Generaiya is thinking about picking up these wingtips on Gilt. $259 is a steal.

med.jpg

Originally Posted by Jordman23

So I have a presentation for school next week and I'd like to dress up, but not break the bank. Can someone point me in the direction of a navy or grey suit? I'm a broke college student, my budget is around $120. I know that's low, but I'm not looking for something great, just enough to get me by the day.

I heard Jos A. Bank has Buy 1 suit for $200 get the 2nd for $100.

Any ideas?

Go to your local Goodwill or thrift store, especially one thats near a wealthy or high income area. Buy you a Brioni, CK, HBoss, Brooks Bros, Stafford, Ralph Lauren, or Hart Schff. Marx suit for about 10-20 dollars.  Get a good quality tie there too for 5 bucks, trust me. THEN spend that 85 bucks on a good tailor to get that fitted right. Heck, if you have an extra 100 or 200 bucks laying around spend that on some nice dress shoes on sale that were originally 200-250 dollars. Never fails.

Originally Posted by Dbreeze47

Nice pieces but the execution could be better. I'd wear the cardigan with a white shirt, button it up and with some raw dark wash jeans (that fit better). Then i'd wear it with low profile white based shoes to pick up the white shirt and give it an overall cleaner look. 
I'd wear the shoes (gucci i assume) with better fitting dark grey or black jeans with a white/grey tee and a black leather or baracuta jacket (if it is that cold). 

Again, all nice pieces, just have to wear them differently and focus on fit. 

Originally Posted by damn its me

^^frye james wingtip

frye ehhhh, hows the quality on those?
I really wanted some shoes like that but the Mark McNairy ones didn't come in my size

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya wants to know if anyone has experience with the sizing of shoes from Harry's of London.

Generaiya is thinking about picking up these wingtips on Gilt. $259 is a steal.

med.jpg

I think they fit pretty true to size, not too narrow and not too wide in the toe box so just get what you normally wear in euro.  I have a pair of suede brogues and patent boat shoes from Harry's of London.  Pretty satisfied with the quality thus far, especially on the patent boat shoes.  Check nordy rack or Loehman's as I've seen their drivers pop up from time to time.  Very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom