Dressing better

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

whats this

15p1z61.jpg

Visvim's, probably like $500+.

What are some shoe brands I should be looking into?
So far I know of Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, Ferragamo, and Florsheim Imperial
How do these shoes usually fit? Should I size down half a size?

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

So far I know of Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, Ferragamo, and Florsheim Imperial
How do these shoes usually fit? Should I size down half a size?
Really hard to say, each of these brands have several lasts that has their own unique shapes and fit.
There are widths, length, vamp, toe box, etc... to consider in each last.

Quick question. I recently purchased an Ermenegildo Zegna sportcoat (95% wool/5% cashmere) that is a pale carolina blue but it has patch pockets. I am wondering if because of the soft fabric and patch pockets this is something that has to be be worn with jeans and a t-shirt or could it be worn with slacks and a dress shirt? [h3]
[/h3]

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Still freezing in teh A'

Wow. Literally, right after I posted that question, you coincidentally happened to be wearing what I described
laugh.gif
. It's pockets exactly like those. I guess with slacks and dress shirt is the way to go .

I did have another question that I know you would have a lot of insight on. First of all, I just want to say your combinations are impeccable and always have a perfect fit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. If I take a suit to a good tailor, what ballpark should I expect to pay in order to get the proper fit (waist suppression, no hang on the slacks, perfect sleeve length). The shoulders are good on all my suits/sportcoats but because of my frame, I require adjustments in the sleeve length and waist and was wondering about how much that should cost. Thanks nii!

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

Bdubnyckidd: haha my bad they are black and I thought I had the same pair but I was wrong
haha its all good son. Those are real smooth man. 
I just picked up these chaps from JCPenny the other day. Guy said they were new in. Got em for $60 i really like these. Real clean casual look to them for me
smokin.gif

220159efeb095d7a007a458367e02ac0e18d36e.jpg

does anybody have that pic or chart that showed the different suit colors and shoes to wear with the suit? Anyway could i pull of a black suit and brown shoes?

Been lurking for a long time, due to studies and new responsibilities I haven't been able to keep up with this thread but I'm slowly catching up, only like 200 pages behind.
laugh.gif
  I wanted to catch up before posting my picture but since I might find myself in a similar situation again very soon, I need some feedback before buying another suit. 
Long story short,  needed a suit for an interview, didn't have much time, went to a bargain mens store and purchased the CK suit below for $150ish.  

Got a couple things working against me, my physical attributes short and chubby, then of course the suit itself. With that said, how does this suit fit and is there anything a tailor could do to make it fit better? 
grin.gif
  I got the pants hem and tapered because the tailor could do that in one evening but I didn't leave the jacket because I had to wear it to the interview the next day.  I have the time now to take the jacket to tailor but wanted some instructions I could give the tailor (of course one obvious to me is the sleeves could be shorten)... 

8c1157ead9748a52a5a7d45de77f1d5ddcc0dbb.png

Sorry for the bad quality cell phone pics. 

By the way I got the job!  But now I find myself in another similar situation because I have an event to attend next week and require a black suit... I was thinking of going this route and finding something cheap but at the same time I know I'm wasting my money!  I don't want to go buy an expensive suit because I'm working on dropping some pounds but I really wish I could find a nice fitting suit to wear in the meantime, to this event and maybe even to the new job on occasions.  

My bad, I really tried to keep it short!  Any help/feedback would be appreciated. Also, can anyone provide the name of brands that I should maybe consider in the future when purchasing a suit.  Thanks in advance! 

JPay: I'm no pro, but ill give it a shot.

Shoulders looks good, but like you said, the sleeves could be shorter. I'd would make it a bit slimmer around your arms as well.

I dont know the exact term for it, but the armhole? (where your armpits are
laugh.gif
) could be slightly higher as well.

1st button should be lower, although there isnt much you could do about that.

The length of your jacket could be a bit shorter as well.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Been lurking for a long time, due to studies and new responsibilities I haven't been able to keep up with this thread but I'm slowly catching up, only like 200 pages behind.
laugh.gif
  I wanted to catch up before posting my picture but since I might find myself in a similar situation again very soon, I need some feedback before buying another suit. 
Long story short,  needed a suit for an interview, didn't have much time, went to a bargain mens store and purchased the CK suit below for $150ish.  

Got a couple things working against me, my physical attributes short and chubby, then of course the suit itself. With that said, how does this suit fit and is there anything a tailor could do to make it fit better? 
grin.gif
  I got the pants hem and tapered because the tailor could do that in one evening but I didn't leave the jacket because I had to wear it to the interview the next day.  I have the time now to take the jacket to tailor but wanted some instructions I could give the tailor (of course one obvious to me is the sleeves could be shorten)... 

8c1157ead9748a52a5a7d45de77f1d5ddcc0dbb.png

Sorry for the bad quality cell phone pics. 

By the way I got the job!  But now I find myself in another similar situation because I have an event to attend next week and require a black suit... I was thinking of going this route and finding something cheap but at the same time I know I'm wasting my money!  I don't want to go buy an expensive suit because I'm working on dropping some pounds but I really wish I could find a nice fitting suit to wear in the meantime, to this event and maybe even to the new job on occasions.  

My bad, I really tried to keep it short!  Any help/feedback would be appreciated. Also, can anyone provide the name of brands that I should maybe consider in the future when purchasing a suit.  Thanks in advance! 
Congrats on the job.

I don't think that suit and tie are doing you any favors.  First things first, the tie is knotted to make a little too short just so you know and looks, um, stubby.  That's an easy fix.

In terms of the suit, I think the biggest problem with the jacket is the shoulders.  Nii could give better input and he might say they're fine, it looks to me to be too heavily padded and slightly ill fitting.  I thought it in the first two pics it was the way you were holding the phone to take the pic but it appears to be the same in the side view.  From the front it looks like you could have it taken in slightly in the sides/waist but the last pic makes it look like it might be a little tight as it is.

I know you said the pants were done but I don't know, man.  Pant length is tough to tell from the pics but it looks okay, not much break.  I don't like how they're bulb shaped, I don't know if it's how they were tapered or what, almost as if they're wide up top and then narrow from the knee down, could also be how your legs are built.  I really like the color of the shoes (I hope the suit is navy) but I think a longer, more pointy shoe would help elongate your legs.

Check out this link for starters: GQ

I'm looking for a casual tennis shoe to go with jeans. Something that would look good in a size 13. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom