Dressing better

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Nordstrom Rack is having a Clear the Rack sale now - next Monday I believe...I went and checked it at one of the locations near me...not worth it, but other stores may be worth it.

It started today. Someone posted a link to it.
There was nothing at my NR.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I love these lists. A lot of this stuff men should just own. 30 is a stretch...outside of a watch, I never have been, or never will be big on any form of  male jewelry. Can't wait til I'm a professional, then...two-three more years.

Originally Posted by RFX45

What brands Nordstroms carry depends on the location. The Nordstrom in my area now carries great brands like Dries Van Noten, Jil Sander, Spurr, Givenchy, Gucci, etc... While in other locations, Lacoste is the best brand they carry.
Yep, Nordstrom only has a handful of stores with Men's Designer: Flagship, Bellevue, Topanga, South Coast Plaza, Michigan Ave (Chicago), North Park (Dallas), Paramus (NJ), Aventura (FL), and maybe one other in Florida as well. The Flagship has by far the best selection. They're basically a test store, along with Michigan Avenue for the large-scale designer department. For example, the Flagship now carries Rick Owens, which I never thought they'd ever carry.

As for shopping at the Rack, it involves knowing when things are sent there from the main stores (mostly mid-January and mid-August). If there's a Rack nearby, it'll get whatever is left over from designer clearance. Designer clearance is always around the 1st of December and June, with leftovers sent to the Rack about a month and a half later, but it's really picked over at that point. All merchandise from previous seasons is out the door by late January and mid-August.

Can anyone in here PLEASE recommend me the best brands of plain tees? I talking like just basic white, heather grey, heather navy or heather red tees. I've tried Gap tees and the fit on those is ***. I'm thinking J. Crew Broken In tees?

hey, got a pair of boots on saturday for a steal..

any info on them? were they worth picking up? Thx in advance..
imag0335a.jpg

imag0336o.jpg

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Nordstrom Rack is having a Clear the Rack sale now - next Monday I believe...I went and checked it at one of the locations near me...not worth it, but other stores may be worth it.

It started today. Someone posted a link to it.
There was nothing at my NR.
Yea, posted the link yesterday.

Was hoping Clarks would be on sale...But still regular price (60 or 70). Mehhh.

Originally Posted by Caerus

tumblr_lqnsxcAsQ91r1vmjvo1_500.jpg

This fit is so 
pimp.gif
That tie is so interesting to me. Where can I find one with squiggles. as well, where to get extra long neckties? The end usually stop halfway down the back, I want it to be close to the same length of each other after being tied.

Saw some Ralph Lauren Desert boots at Marshalls for 29.99. Too bad they were a size 6. I kept turning it hoping they were a 9 till I saw the tag inside.

Originally Posted by moorevisual

picked up these Polo Ralph Lauren loafers for super cheap ($39.99) @ Marshalls this weekend.  thoughts?
I like these a lot, if I found a chocolate brown pair I'd cop. As with most cheaper loafers though, they might start to lose shape pretty early on. That's why I stopped buying loafers, they always end up looking bumpy/creasy after like the 10th wear. 

Question about J crew or gap button ups. How long do they fit? usually i have to buy a and f or holister shirts so the length looks right. Are these shirts made to tuck in or
are they fitted like A and F? if not , any quality brands that make shorter button ups?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

2175.jpg

that belt is so
pimp.gif
tho

always wanted that multi :/ any1 got info on it im sure its custom made or something
frown.gif

EDIT: its a womens belt
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
might have to cawp still idk prob debatable

weezy stay in female clothing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

Originally Posted by Al Audi

that belt is so
pimp.gif
tho

always wanted that multi :/ any1 got info on it im sure its custom made or something
frown.gif

EDIT: its a womens belt
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
might have to cawp still idk prob debatable

weezy stay in female clothing
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

waynelead.jpg

You all saw what Weezy wore at the VMAs, right? LET'S TALK ABOUT THOSE PANTS. The leopard print jeans were so crazy (and so tight) that it has everyone talking. Not because they're stylish, but because they're AWESOMELY HORRIBLE. There's even a Lil Wayne Jeggings Twitter. Well, we found out what he was wearing and they are WOMEN'S JEGGINGS! WOMEN'S. JEGGINGS. The brand loved by punk rockers everywhere, Tripp NYC, has confirmed on their facebook page that the YMCMB rapper was indeed wearing their pants. You can buy them here for $44. Just make sure to get a very very large size so that you can sag in those tight @%! jeans, just like Wayne. Don't blame us if people laugh at you.

http://www.complex.com/style/2011/08...gs-at-the-vmas

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

imag0335a.jpg

imag0336o.jpg

Iron rangers.. i got the same ones.

They're good everyday boots imo, go with most things on the casual tip... Look good when you wear them in too.

Just don't wear them in snow/ice... cause you will be on skates!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

RFX, I remember you ordering a suit from JCrew not too long ago, has it arrived yet?

Yah, posted my opinion a week back.
RFX45 wrote:
Disappointed with the JCrew Ludlow suit. 
The button is way too low and it flares/skirts out in the bottom. 
Overall length and sleeves were almost perfect in the 36s but the shoulder with a half size too big for my liking.
Quality is decent, wool is made by Loro Piana but it is still made in China and retail is still too high at $425.

The good part, I love the pants fit. Being able to choose the inseam from 26 to 35 is great and I got a size 30 which was perfect.
Again, made in China and for a retail of $225, I can easily go for another brand that is better quality and fit the same.

I also got the Bowery cotton twill pants in Urban Slim Fit and this one I really like and will most likely keep. 
I wish it had the same inseam option as the pants suit but this thing will serve it's purpose.
Retail is still high at $175 but I think you can order it through the JCrew store and be able to use the 15% student discount.

My brother returned that JCrew Suit with the quickness after receiving it last month. The only difference was he bought the extra slim pants. He said he's just going to go for Black Label instead.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

imag0335a.jpg

imag0336o.jpg

Iron rangers.. i got the same ones.

They're good everyday boots imo, go with most things on the casual tip... Look good when you wear them in too.

Just don't wear them in snow/ice... cause you will be on skates!!
laugh.gif

thx for the info, got them from a friend for $150, i see they are $300+ online so i got a steal.. the quality on these are amazing, and im not a boot guy.. Might buy the rest of them and try to resell

Anyone know of a jeans that fit like Levi 521?
I recently got a pair for cheap at Macy's and these fit so much more comfortable than 511's while still having the tapered look. They only have a few select washes, but I rather now just find a nice quality pair of jeans that fit very similar. Suggestions? $150 dollar range.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Anyone know of a jeans that fit like Levi 521?
I recently got a pair for cheap at Macy's and these fit so much more comfortable than 511's while still having the tapered look. They only have a few select washes, but I rather now just find a nice quality pair of jeans that fit very similar. Suggestions? $150 dollar range.
I've been wondering the same thing man. I asked a couple of pages back, but nothing
ohwell.gif

These 521's are my favourite pair right now. The extra room on the thigh is so appreciated and the taper bottom is 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom