Dressing better

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

laugh.gif
at them ps'ing niidawg's pic onto that other pic in that thread.

sorry but that %+$@ is funny
*checks thread...dies.

Shows how big this thread really is though.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

RFX & wj4 (& anyone else in the LA area...) - I'll be in LA next month for a couple of days. I'm staying in Bel Air and I was wondering if you could give me a list of a few stores I should check out? All I can think of off the top of my head is Opening Ceremony and the APC store. Any other boutiques you think I might like? Oh, and good Mexican food... ?

Cheers!

It's hard to say, it really depends. I'd suggest going to Rodeo Drive personally, just to check out all the high-end stores but they also have a Niketown, NM, Saks and Barneys all in the same street.
Then a block over and you got all the boutiques like LV, Gucci, Prada, Tiffanys, etc...
Several blocks over, by Melrose, they have plenty of little boutiques like Paul Smith, Marc Jacobs, Fred Segal, Costume National, Urban Outfitters, etc...

There are also brand boutiques like Bape, Johnny Cupcakes, Tokidoki, etc... plenty of Japanese brands. 

Then a few minute drive is the Beverly Center, a 3-story mall with plenty of stores too.

And this is all within the vicinity of 10-15 minutes drive.

As for mexican restaurants, there are plenty and most are the small ones that are hard to find. I honestly do not remember most of them because it was my ex that brought me to these places. 

I've seen quite a few fits with a solid sweater under a suit or blazer. Is it also acceptable to wear an argyle sweater under a suit? I'm thinking of wearing my navy/gray/dark green argyle sweater under my charcoal suit.

Originally Posted by Homer

laugh.gif

*checks thread...dies.

I saw that right when the dude posted it last night and immediately thought of Nii.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But it does go to show you head big this thread is. Plus like wj4 said, I can't believe it's been over 1 year since this thread started. 

Is this the right thread for this?
Okay I bought some Levi 501's shrink to fit blue denims from the store size 34W, 36L, ( I wear 32W,32L) Went home as usual took about a 20-30 hot shower with them on, walked around and let them dry on me, for the last 10 minutes i put them in the dryer on high to get the perfect results. I took them out and the fit was perfect it was just that the length was a little bit too long like it kept sliding underneath my shoes and i kept pulling them up so they didn't get underneath my shoes and all that dirty mess. Thank goodness the store excepted the exchange eventhough I had shrunk them already, this time I got a size 34 W, 34 L ( No 35L in stock Sad). My question is what should I do so that the length in this one doesn't become shorter than I wanted it to be and by the way I am going for a size 32,32 thats the perfect fit for me.....any suggestions?

^^^ I think you are better off asking in the denim school thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/31889?page=1
But damn that is a lot of work to get the jeans to fit right, shower with it and let it dry while being worn?

Originally Posted by sStutter

I've seen quite a few fits with a solid sweater under a suit or blazer. Is it also acceptable to wear an argyle sweater under a suit? I'm thinking of wearing my navy/gray/dark green argyle sweater under my charcoal suit.
To me, argyle sweater is somewhat casual or not as formal. If it is a busniess casual environment, that is a good way to dress the suit down a bit.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by Homer

laugh.gif

*checks thread...dies.

I saw that right when the dude posted it last night and immediately thought of Nii. 
laugh.gif

smh.gif

But it does go to show you head big this thread is. Plus like wj4 said, I can't believe it's been over 1 year since this thread started.  
I really am surprised this thread lasted this long with 620 pages and growing. 

Even mroe surprising is that it survived the early thread bashing and NTs negativity and close-mindedness. 
laugh.gif

In the process, I hope some eyes were opened and has changed for the better. I also hope we helped out a bit.

Originally Posted by Tawakaltee

Is this the right thread for this?
Okay I bought some Levi 501's shrink to fit blue denims from the store size 34W, 36L, ( I wear 32W,32L) Went home as usual took about a 20-30 hot shower with them on, walked around and let them dry on me, for the last 10 minutes i put them in the dryer on high to get the perfect results. I took them out and the fit was perfect it was just that the length was a little bit too long like it kept sliding underneath my shoes and i kept pulling them up so they didn't get underneath my shoes and all that dirty mess. Thank goodness the store excepted the exchange eventhough I had shrunk them already, this time I got a size 34 W, 34 L ( No 35L in stock Sad). My question is what should I do so that the length in this one doesn't become shorter than I wanted it to be and by the way I am going for a size 32,32 thats the perfect fit for me.....any suggestions?

you're pretty much never gonna get them the way to want.

after that first wash, the sheen(shininess) will be gone. waist may fit you, but it will stretch out fast. only way to get it to fit again is to wash again, which makes 501s STFs even uglier.

don't waste your time with 501s STFs as your first pair of raw denim.

maybe just buy a pre-washed pair of 501s. or if you're of skinny/slim build, look into the 514 or 511 models.

Ty, if you can't get the Trickers, Alden has a new collab with Leffot called Greenwich. 
Similar navy uppers except Aldens is suede and with a leather sole instead of the red brick Trickers has.

$475 retail... not bad.

DSC_00101-499x332.jpg
DSC_00051-499x332.jpg

tumblr_kxr9flTcvV1qb0og7o1_1280.jpg

pimp.gif
I REALLY need to know how I can fold my pocket square to look like a perfect rectangle like that, are they like special ones made out of index card type material that you can just put in? I've even tried ironing the silk ones in a fold and it didn't work

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Gilt Groupe Revelationshttp://nymag.com/fashion/10/spring/63807/highlights:Some surprising and upsetting news buried in page five of this piece from New York Magazine about Gilt Groupe and its business model:Gilt Groupe is using much the same model to expand its inventory of clothing, commissioning designers to make clothes just for the site. This year, Lyne says, 35 to 40 percent of Gilt’s women’s apparel will be acquired through this channel. For designers, cutting clothes specifically for Gilt can be lucrative, because it offers a way to repurpose intellectual property, such as popular looks that may be a couple of years old. A designer may reduce production costs by using less-expensive materials, say wool from Scotland instead of Italy, or by using a little less stitching in the places buyers don’t see. More than one fashion executive told me that they had used flash sales as an opportunity to dust off some leftover fabric, turning a sunk cost into a substantial profit.But neither Gilt nor the designers have any interest in letting customers know which items were made specifically for the site. “Gilt doesn’t tell you, as a shopper, that it’s ‘exclusive for us,’ 

I read that Gilt article. It is nothing new though, kind of like some people going for crazy deal at the Polo Outlet when some of the items they sell there, like most of the polo shirts are made for outlet items. When it comes to Gilt , it is a bit misleading although they only promise authentic items, and the items are still authentic so they really haven't broke anything or did anything wrong. It's just a bit shady. At Gilt , I only buy what I have seen in stores for the most part so I do not worry too much about the item being a made for outlets item. So far, so good with everything I have purchased from them.

Attending a wedding in two weeks. Need to find a knit tie like the one pictured below from J.Crew but w/o the $50 price tag.

erez-5.jpg

RFX45 wrote:
I really am surprised this thread lasted this long with 620 pages and growing. 

Even mroe surprising is that it survived the early thread bashing and NTs negativity and close-mindedness. 
laugh.gif

In the process, I hope some eyes were opened and has changed for the better. I also hope we helped out a bit.

to be honest, during the beginning of this thread many people were trying too hard to "dress better" and ended up looking foolish instead. extra short shorts, unnecessary accessories, extra loud colors, etc. about 100-200 pages  ago the thread took a better turn with people posting good fits that dont scream for attention

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Attending a wedding in two weeks. Need to find a knit tie like the one pictured below from J.Crew but w/o the $50 price tag.

erez-5.jpg

My sister bought me one i think from Macy's. Brand is Alfani i think.

Thx LunkyP90. Will check Macys.com again. Anyone else know of any spot that might have them for a good price online?

Back
Top Bottom