Eddie Murphy greatest comic ever.

Even Eddie Murphy will tell Ricard Pryor was the better comedian.
Eddie had better movies, doe....
this never really means anything.
i bet Michael Jackson might have tried to tell you James Brown was the better entertainer. so....he wasn't. MJ was. Mentees will always look up to and often times not feel as good as the mentor.

It means a lot, doe. Fans are fans, so of coarse they're going to be a bit, especially if they wasn't even around to really see the other person. Its like the Jordan vs Lebron argument. Even Lebron and his massive ego will say Jordan was better but their are tons of kids out there who will say otherwise.

eddie is one of the greats, some people just wouldnt understand especially if they were born in 1994 or some ish...we got stuff like the first nutty professor and beverly hills cop yall got norbert

eddie is one of the greats, some people just wouldnt understand especially if they were born in 1994 or some ish...we got stuff like the first nutty professor and beverly hills cop yall got norbert
stop...please just stop...it's just taste.
yes i'm mad :lol: ...because i, in fact, was born in '94 and it's obvious Norbit is a terrible movie and Delirious & Raw >>> Any Kat Williams, Kevin Hart, or Dave Chappelle stand up.

[/quote]
It means a lot, doe. Fans are fans, so of coarse they're going to be a bit, especially if they wasn't even around to really see the other person. Its like the Jordan vs Lebron argument. Even Lebron and his massive ego will say Jordan was better but their are tons of kids out there who will say otherwise.
one is a specific skill.
entertainment is for the fans...fans have a lot of say sir.

Last edited:
Eddie is defintely that dude in terms of stand up Chapelle and Martin right there with him tho
Martin's movies are funnier than Eddie's tho
Coming To America is classic
and Martin is a funnier actor to me. I laughed in almost every scene he was in, in Boomerang

i think kevin hart is decent for a new guy..but dudes like katt williams and mike epps could never be on murphy martin rock chappelle pryor or any of the kings of comedys levels thats for sure..theres just not one dude in this field that is the greatest IMO, i think they all have different things theyve all brought to the table and yess they have their ups and downs flops and run ins with ******s but these dudes aint preachers they're comedians, and shhhhh would you pass up a couple mill for doing something like black night or pluto nash.

i think kevin hart is decent for a new guy..but dudes like katt williams and mike epps could never be on murphy martin rock chappelle pryor or any of the kings of comedys levels thats for sure..theres just not one dude in this field that is the greatest IMO, i think they all have different things theyve all brought to the table and yess they have their ups and downs flops and run ins with ******s but these dudes aint preachers they're comedians, and shhhhh would you pass up a couple mill for doing something like black night or pluto nash.
agreed although no knock... i think steve harvey was the weak link in the kings of comedy, to be honest, his acting roles werent all that great, and his reason for mass appeal, is his book and the whole simping, and as he put it men are absolutely nothing without a man, and women are sitting on a gold mind mentality, mixed with his religious affiliation is what garner his latest crossover mass appeal. Epps i think will eventually be a somewhat mainstream actor. But i think it will take him changing up his approach to comedy, and/or putting comedy kinda on the backburner, similiar to what tyrese had to do with music. katt williams is pretty much over, and chappelle i dont think even cares, nor even wants any accolades or stardom, he comes across as i did it to experience it, get buttloads of money to provide a easy comfortable life for my wife and kids. and be able to live a worry free carefree life in terms of finnacially.

agreed although no knock... i think steve harvey was the weak link in the kings of comedy, to be honest, his acting roles werent all that great, and his reason for mass appeal, is his book and the whole simping, and as he put it men are absolutely nothing without a man, and women are sitting on a gold mind mentality, mixed with his religious affiliation is what garner his latest crossover mass appeal. Epps i think will eventually be a somewhat mainstream actor. But i think it will take him changing up his approach to comedy, and/or putting comedy kinda on the backburner, similiar to what tyrese had to do with music. katt williams is pretty much over, and chappelle i dont think even cares, nor even wants any accolades or stardom, he comes across as i did it to experience it, get buttloads of money to provide a easy comfortable life for my wife and kids. and be able to live a worry free carefree life in terms of finnacially.
whoooooooa the clear weakest link, to me and everybody i watched it with, was D.L. Hugely. Like...there should have just been 3 or they should have got somebody else or something. other than that wrench around and wrench it off bit :lol: dude was NOT funny. just my opinion though.

How anyone could choose anybody over Chris Rock is beyond me. Not only is he funny, he's also a genius. He attacks current events and pop culture and would be so dead on that it makes you think but laugh at the same time.

How anyone could choose anybody over Chris Rock is beyond me. Not only is he funny, he's also a genius. He attacks current events and pop culture and would be so dead on that it makes you think but laugh at the same time.
it's called preference my good man. he's not even that funny to me in his stand up. entertaining...but not that funny.

Toss up between Pryor and Eddie imo. Eddie at his best tho is tough to beat. He created that rockstar comedian label. His downfall was being busted with that ******. His jokes weren't and couldn't be the same after that :smh: And foamposite...Murphy took Rock under his wing for a bit. But they are different types of funny though. I guess the best way to look at this argument is to see who's jokes you still remember.

Last edited:
1. Richard

2. Eddie

3. Dave

4. Martin (TV show considered)

5. C Rock

6. Cosby

7. Bernie Mac

8. Probably Some Underground brutha

Last edited:
Toss up between Pryor and Eddie imo. Eddie as his best tho is tough to beat. He created that rockstar comedian label. His downfall was being busted with that ******. His jokes weren't and couldn't be the same after that :smh:

Lenny Bruce doe

chris rock is my personal favorite as well, but even I have to admit, his stuff starts to get dry towards the end.

Eddie can do everything. impressions, jokes, story.

Idk about yall but I actually like a lot of his family movies.
Meet Dave
1000 words
Adventures of pluto nash (that was title right)
Nutty professors were classic
Norbit was meh, but had good moments.

1. Richard

2. Eddie

3. Dave

4. Martin (TV show considered)

5. C Rock

6. Cosby

7. Bernie Mac

8. Probably Some Underground brutha
dude you have to put seinfeld in there as well! I probably put seinfeld ahead of chris rock, that's just my preference.

I watched the special and thought it was really fun.

I'm not a fan of what I've seen of Tracy Morgan though.

I also am not sure if I agree with saying Eddie's the greatest comedian of all time.

I personally prefer David Mitchell and Chris Rock to Eddie Murphy, but that's just me.

I watched the special and thought it was really fun.

I'm not a fan of what I've seen of Tracy Morgan though.

I also am not sure if I agree with saying Eddie's the greatest comedian of all time.

I personally prefer David Mitchell and Chris Rock to Eddie Murphy, but that's just me.
i personally prefer steve coogan over david mitchell, but Eddie Murphy's catalogue is undeniable!

Seinfield doesn't appeal to me peersonally, ive seen like 4 eps of his show, watched like 2 comedy specials, and i had the :rolleyes the whole time.

Tracy Morgan's old stuff is like that, but i hate all of his tv and movie roles, because he plays the stereotypical I'm a black guy role, which I hate when he does that.
Although Cop Out was a great movie.

Lol and the Kings of Comedy thing.. DL had his moments, he's more of a spur of the moment quick witted comedian, the rest of them had stories to tell

Yea Steve is Simpin' now but he's still right up there with the best not top 10 but def top 20.

His morning show on the radio is hillarious

Eddie's peak was right before I was born so I'm partial towards Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle.

chris rock is my personal favorite as well, but even I have to admit, his stuff starts to get dry towards the end.

Eddie can do everything. impressions, jokes, story.

Idk about yall but I actually like a lot of his family movies.
Meet Dave
1000 words
Adventures of pluto nash (that was title right)
Nutty professors were classic
Norbit was meh, but had good moments.
this, just because they didn't make stupid cash doesn't meen they weren't good movies.

dude you have to put seinfeld in there as well! I probably put seinfeld ahead of chris rock, that's just my preference.
Oh, dude I fully agree. I was doing specifically black comedians for that list though
laugh.gif

I don't know why, but I just find Seifeld's "Have you ever noticed" jokes freakin hilarious.....

Back
Top Bottom