For the Wine and Champagne Connnoisseurs

My Sister is coming back to the States for Christmas on Monday from France.

Her and my mother toured the Veuve Champagne House in Reims, France this past year.

My mother wasn't too impressed with the tour/process.

View media item 178442

The case the bottle came in was the coolest part.

My girl just picked up our lil fridge too...

View media item 191395

Could you guys recommend a nice, inexpensive white wine¿

Depends on what type of white wine you would like. If you want to impress, and do something different that won't break the bank. A favorite of mine to pick up is...

View media item 191399

Last edited:
SDS45 - Repped ///

I am confused every time I enter a wine store or purchase some bubbly .... I tend to feel like eh, they are all the same, but clearly they are not.

I will def be picking up some grower produced selections.

If you haven't already, can you perhaps give me three choices, with a price limit of $100 ... I wouldn't know how to fully appreciate anything that cost more than that LOL not yet.

Thanks!

port_gra9.jpg

This is a good choice on dessert wine. It's a Port, so it is very sweet and really wouldn't go well with the main courses, but is a good compliment to chocolates and pastries at the end of the night. Plus it's 19% alcohol.

I like sweet tasting wines so I'm eager to try this.

Last edited:
SDS45 - Repped ///

I am confused every time I enter a wine store or purchase some bubbly .... I tend to feel like eh, they are all the same, but clearly they are not.

I will def be picking up some grower produced selections.

If you haven't already, can you perhaps give me three choices, with a price limit of $100 ... I wouldn't know how to fully appreciate anything that cost more than that LOL not yet.

Thanks!

I mentioned a couple in the following post:

^ Charles Heidsieck is great, I believe they use around 40% reserve wine which really sets them apart from most big houses. If you want to try some Grower, these are in the same price range as the Heidsieck and I think these shops are in SoCal

$65.99
$62.99
$59.99
$56.99
$49.99

These producers are a great place to start.

(The broken 59.99 link is the 2004 Gaston Chiquet Special Club)

I do NOT drink wine but I have always wondered the logic behind "dry" wine. How exactly does a liquid taste dry?

Or is that a phrase that one person in history used and people started using it after them even though it is hard to explain?

Much like how people like saying how any new 2K game feels "organic."

I've never drunk any wine but a patient gave me a bottle of red as a gift - he said it was decent and he has good taste.

Don't know if it's all wine but it went down like gasoline. I slept really well though so I'm finishing it now mixed with Coke!

I guess it's an acquired taste?

Just pour some juice in that **** and make a poor man's sangria.

I can't even see Coke in that **** :lol:

Hey, it's all I had!

Had a side of cool original Doritos too. It's been a classy evening.

Honestly Armand De Brignac (Ace Of Spades) is the best I've tasted. Pretty much everyone I shared it with agreed.

For cheaper champagnes I usually pick Veuve Clicquot Rosé. I like Moët as well but Clicquot is just a tad better imo.

Haven't tried the Moët Nectar Rosé though, can't seem to find any stores carrying it where I live.

Honestly Armand De Brignac (Ace Of Spades) is the best I've tasted. Pretty much everyone I shared it with agreed.
For cheaper champagnes I usually pick Veuve Clicquot Rosé. I like Moët as well but Clicquot is just a tad better imo.
Haven't tried the Moët Nectar Rosé though, can't seem to find any stores carrying it where I live.

Used to drink the Nectar Rose all the time. Loved that stuff. Never had the other two for comparison

Wine & Coke :lol: what

It is a pretty popular drink I have found out. My girl and her sister drink it sometimes

I have tried it, not too bad. I have no idea what type of wine they use doe.

Hopefully two buck Chuck :lol:

wine and seltzer makes a spritzer if you through some ice in it . sprite can be substituted lol. Coke though :x

I like the buzz champagne and wine gives u.

Different from beer or liquor.

I do NOT drink wine but I have always wondered the logic behind "dry" wine. How exactly does a liquid taste dry?

Or is that a phrase that one person in history used and people started using it after them even though it is hard to explain?

Much like how people like saying how any new 2K game feels "organic."

"Dry" refers to the sugar content of the wine. A ton of people misuse this term for wines high in tannins which leave your mouth with a dried out feeling.

Back
Top Bottom